No announcement yet.

Raptors coaching staff makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are we looking for assistant coaches without a GM? Is Aaron Gray conducting the interviews? #MakesNoSense

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      How are we looking for assistant coaches without a GM? Is Aaron Gray conducting the interviews? #MakesNoSense
      I can see it now...

AG: "So how will you design an offense that helps me excel?"
      Candidate: "You? Excel? On offense? Shit.... "

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        I can see it now...

AG: "So how will you design an offense that helps me excel?"
        Candidate: "You? Excel? On offense? Shit.... "
        "We're gonna implement a Dwight Howard type offense for you, Aaron. Just like we did last year with Dirk and Andrea."

Comment

It's MLSE. For some reason, to me, it makes perfect sense. Of course, I've been up for 50 hours straight so maybe that's the trick to understanding MLSE: massive sleep deprivation.

Comment

I wonder if Rio Grande Valley head coach has anything to do with Glen Rice, Jr.?

I would say no but it is a good excuse to put this out there:
            With his reputation in the mud, and his college resume spotty at best, Rice decided not to enter the NBA Draft or transfer to another school, which would have forced him to sit out for a full year. Instead, he signed up for the D-League, but had to wait until the fourth round of the draft to hear his name called, as the #55 pick by the Houston Rockets' affiliate, the Rio Grande Valley Vipers. With that, he became automatically eligible for the 2013 NBA Draft, as unlikely a goal as that may have appeared at the time.

When Terrell Harris got hurt, and in-between call-ups to the mothership for the likes of Terrence Jones and Donatas Motiejunas, an opportunity for minutes arose, and Rice took full advantage. His first start of the season came on February 4th, and he responded by scoring 35 points in 40 minutes, knocking down 6-10 3-point attempts, and grabbing 15 rebounds for good measure. Rice hasn't looked back the rest of the way, as he's averaging 18 points, 8 rebounds and 2.5 assists in 31 minutes per game in 25 games as a starter since February, shooting 56% from 2-point range, 43% for 3, and 76% from the free throw line.

This past Saturday Rio Grande Valley won the D-League championship after sweeping the Santa Cruz Warriors, and Rice was the best player on the court in the series, averaging 29 points, 11.5 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks per game. Fortunes can change quickly in the basketball world, but rarely will you see a player go from racking up DNP-CDs in the D-League to being mentioned as a potential first round NBA Draft pick in the span of just four months.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2U8B6CDYU
            http://www.draftexpress.com

Comment

"We're gonna implement a Dwight Howard type offense for you, Aaron. Just like we did last year with Dirk and Andrea."
              Sounds like it could work, especially with the shooters we have around Aaron.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I wonder if Rio Grande Valley head coach has anything to do with Glen Rice, Jr.?

I would say no but it is a good excuse to put this out there:
                "...Fortunes can change quickly in the basketball world, but rarely will you see a player go from racking up DNP-CDs in the D-League to being mentioned as a potential first round NBA Draft pick in the span of just four months..."

Wow. Good for the kid. I'm thinking he didn't put his head down, but just kept working ion himself and his game. then when his opportunity came, he grabbed it with both hands.

Working hard and being ready will get you places in this world.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                  Not to be overlooked:

The players are not on the same page with EACH OTHER.

The guys don't like Lowry's heroball. They resent Bargs for this paycheque/terrible play. They don't pass to JV when he's hustling and open, Alan Anderson (of all people) often decides "fuck these guys, I'm chuckin it!", Demar hustles and works hard but is also the eye-rolling champion of the Canadian region, and we traded away 2 of the only guys that everyone seemed to like.
                  Source on the Lowry and Bargs statements?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    "...Fortunes can change quickly in the basketball world, but rarely will you see a player go from racking up DNP-CDs in the D-League to being mentioned as a potential first round NBA Draft pick in the span of just four months..."

Wow. Good for the kid. I'm thinking he didn't put his head down, but just kept working ion himself and his game. then when his opportunity came, he grabbed it with both hands.

Working hard and being ready will get you places in this world.
                    And not partying non-stop and leaving clubs with drunk people driving and shooting guns out of the window :0

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      And not partying non-stop and leaving clubs with drunk people driving and shooting guns out of the window :0
                      Unless yuo are working hard to get into a street gang, or jail, in which case probably both opportunities will come along.

Comment

Will Casey be back or gone?

Poll

I think he will be gone as the head coach.

If you guys think he's gone, who do you think should (or will) be brought in to replace him?
                        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri May 31, 2013, 06:13 PM.

Comment

You know it really depends what Ujiri is going to do. In my opinion, he should stay with Casey, there is no plenty of coaches who needs HC job at the moment.

But if he decides to fire him, then better fire him before training camp, not in the middle of the season.

Will be interesting to see.

Comment

Ujiri is likely to let Raptors coach Dwane Casey continue as coach for the 2013-14 season, league sources said.
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...214946966.html

And we all know his sources are pretty damn good...

Even if I hadn't seen Woj write about this, I still would think he comes back. BC made a huge change to the roster by bringing in Rudy...and new ownership seems to be all about patience. I say Casey lasts all of next season.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                              http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--ra...214946966.html

And we all know his sources are pretty damn good...

Even if I hadn't seen Woj write about this, I still would think he comes back. BC made a huge change to the roster by bringing in Rudy...and new ownership seems to be all about patience. I say Casey lasts all of next season.
                              Yeah and if MLSE wants Wiggins, why not? just jk..

Comment

@WolstatSun: If Woj is correct that Dwane Casey is staying as coach, tanking unlikely and work to be done to rebuild relationship with Lowry
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X