Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    you want to add ANOTHER rookie to Ross/Acy/Valanciunas ?
    I think it is safe to say we have no chance of winning the championships for many years. Might as well stock them up and hope someone turns out to be any good.

Comment

Off topic, but does anyone follow Mark Cuban on twitter? I would really like to know his thoughts on the Howard trade.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
        Off topic, but does anyone follow Mark Cuban on twitter? I would really like to know his thoughts on the Howard trade.
        I hate the fact that the league seemed to cave on the CBA negotiations last year... it's pretty obvious that the deep pocketed, big city franchises will never have much concern with luxury tax! Between Miami, NYK and now LAL, I think this is just adding to the rationale behind a true hard cap in the next CBA, to make the NBA more on par with the NHL and NFL.

It's a bit of a joke now, how players want to gang up rather than actually win on their own, back in the days of Magic, Larry, Isaiah, Michael, Dominique, the Glide, the Dream, the Mailman, etc... you knew the face of each franchise and associated the star player with that team, for the long-term.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I hate the fact that the league seemed to cave on the CBA negotiations last year... it's pretty obvious that the deep pocketed, big city franchises will never have much concern with luxury tax! Between Miami, NYK and now LAL, I think this is just adding to the rationale behind a true hard cap in the next CBA, to make the NBA more on par with the NHL and NFL.

It's a bit of a joke now, how players want to gang up rather than actually win on their own, back in the days of Magic, Larry, Isaiah, Michael, Dominique, the Glide, the Dream, the Mailman, etc... you knew the face of each franchise and associated the star player with that team, for the long-term.
          I don't agree totally here.

The Lakers got Nash through sign and trade. Tax payers will never be permitted to do that again after this summer.

The history of the Knicks (and Blazers for that matter) shows that spending big guarantees nothing.

Howard is not signing an extension in LA so this could back fire on the Lakers (although I don't think that is likely). Also the window for LA is 2-3 seasons with the new "BIG 4".... lol - "I see your Big 3 and raise you a Big Middle Finger, Miami."

Comment

Once you have played for the lakers you don't want to leave. Dwight will be the face of the franchise when kobe calls it a day.

edit :
            Dwight will get the maximum money by re-signing for them.
            Last edited by draftedraptor; Fri Aug 10, 2012, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              He might actually be thrilled! Apparently Howard has no intentions of signing an extension with LA, so that he can become a UFA after the season. Dallas is the only team from his original three teams that will actually have the cap space to sign him next season, so he could very well become a 1-year rental for LA, before becoming a Mav.

Comment

Totally agree. The hard cap was the one defining part of the new CBA, which if it came into fruition would have leveled the playing field. But instead you have a team like OKC, whom did things the right way through the draft and smart pick up's in free agency whom are now up against a juggernaut that can keep spending as they see fit because money is no object. This was supposed to be a big year for OKC because they would have to make a decision on two of their main players for next season. Their window is opened widest this year, but it's going to be really tough coming out of the West if they have to get past that team.

Comment

He might actually be thrilled! Apparently Howard has no intentions of signing an extension with LA, so that he can become a UFA after the season. Dallas is the only team from his original three teams that will actually have the cap space to sign him next season, so he could very well become a 1-year rental for LA, before becoming a Mav.
                  He may have a change of thought if they win a championship. He's smart and knows he can't beat Miami playing for New Jersey or Dallas. Plus, who in their right mind would want to leave L.A.?

Comment

He is going to become an UFA for the same reason that Bynum is going to do the same in Philly.

They can both sign 3 year, $60M dollar extensions now or wait 1 year and sign a 5-year, $100M extension (like Deron Williams did) with current new teams or sign for 4 years and $80M somewhere else.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      He is going to become an UFA for the same reason that Bynum is going to do the same in Philly.

They can both sign 3 year, $60M dollar extensions now or wait 1 year and sign a 5-year, $100M extension (like Deron Williams did) with current new teams or sign for 4 years and $80M somewhere else.
                      Yup. It's interesting that it's conceivable that none of the big names is this trade could be with their new teams for more than just one season. Howard and Bynum could become UFAs and Iggy could choose not to use his player option. Wouldn't that be an interesting turn of events!

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                        Wilson Chandler is an average quality starter, when healthy. Amir Johnson is a good bench player.

I think it will take far more than a 2nd round pick to sweeten the deal before Denver even consider such a trade.
                        True. BUT: Amir is a fair backup at 4 or 5, & bigs are always in high demand. In addition Chandler has some issues (post injury?). I really believe this is a fair trade (maybe from a Rap fan point of view?)

Comment

geo wrote: View Post
                          raptors dont get any better with this trade....
                          Enlighten me than.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Is there anyone here that knows exactly why Orlando din't want to take either of the all-stars? Or was there no choice whatsoever in this trade?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I would have loved to see Morey's reaction when he found out about this trade
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Dead man walking?

Comment

Working...
                                X