Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors in discussion with 76ers for Igoudala (Thorn denies rumor (#163)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBF wrote: View Post
    hey, tucas. for future refrence. you should stress discussion .so, people dont cause fuckin anarchy!
    Lmao
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• We should stand pat until december and look what this young roster can do before recruiting guys with BIG contracts and injury history for our most talented guys. I believe that Lowry-DeMar-Fields-Bargnani-Valanciunas lineup with very deep bench can impress. All we need to find one average center to split minutes with Jonas (maybe sign Gray and Amir can play a little of C) and we have team with quite big potential
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

• 100% agree here .. Lowry-DeMar-Fields-Bargnani-Valanciunas lieup looks pretty deep plus TRoss (6th man). I don't see why we need Iggy here .. plus I don't see Iggy is the impact player that Raptors are looking for maybe Gay but I guess it is impossible to get him now.
        Last edited by =="; Fri Jul 6, 2012, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Demar has too much upside, and Calderon had one of his best seasons as a raptor with Casey...
          Calderon is great, but with Lowry in tow he's expendable. Fields is better than DeRozan and Ross is likely to be better soon, so DeMar is expendable as well.

Iguodala is awesome, far better than Gay, it's not even close.

http://www.thenbageek.com/players/co..._ids%5B%5D=150

Ed Davis is the one I think we'll eventually regret trading. But we do have a glut at PF. Not sure why we need Vucevik, would rather just keep Davis, but obviously if we do add Fields and Lowry, bringing in Iggy makes us a pretty legit team fast.

Assuming Lowry can replace Calderon production next year (not guaranteed) having Andre and Landry start in place of JJ ad DeMar is like 10 more wins right there. If Iggy can stay at his current level until JV becomes a force to be reckoned with and Andrea can reproduce his 13 game miracle run for a few seasons (not just a big if, a skyscraper-sized if), this could be a 50 win team in the next 3 years.

Igoudala's passing will also be a great addition, given Lowry is not the play maker Jose is.

I'm wondering if Lowry and Bayless can co-exist, though.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            If we can sub in JJ + Ed + Calderon + Bayless? For Iggy and Vuvejic? I don't wan't anything to do with trading Demar Derozan, too much upside.
            I like DD, but you have to admit that he really can't shoot...

Comment

• I'm not big on Iguodala either, but the offer seems pretty good. I'd only be sad to see Ed Davis go because I think he has a lot of potential. Never been a fan of DeRozan, and the ability to shed Calderon without using up the amnesty is a big bonus.

Btw, I am really sad to see Calderon go (I assume this inevitable now after the Lowry trade goes through). I like that guy a lot.. but it's just business. I would welcome him back with open arms if there were ever an opportunity to do so down the road.. at a much lower pay rate.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• I don't think the rumour is legit.

With that said, come December 15th until February 15 things get interesting.

What I would keep an eye on is the rumour of Brandon Rush (or any other shooter).

It just so happens that Memphis needs shooters as well to open the floor for the inside.

Always thinking Gay

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                  Do the damn trade, we need to get all the losers out of town. When I mean losers I mean players who have been functioning in a loser culture and not adjusting well with the new coach.

Calderon, DeMar, JJ, Davis all of them for Iggy and Vucecic do the damn deal BC.
                  knickz wrote: View Post
                  glad your not the gm of this team
                  I didn't want to expose myself to the forums, its tearing up my heart but, I am Bryan Colangelo.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• They should go after harkless

Comment

• http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/si...e27e1a847.html

Thorn: Nothing to trade rumor with Raptors

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                        You said it...his potential. I understand that potential can get you fired but honestly i really think he is going to be a star. Every year he has improved and every year he finishes the year off strong which leads be to believe that if we make the playoffs he can do something. Also a guy that as hard working and athletic as he is has a very good chance to be good.

Now its not that derozan is untouchable its that we don't need to give him to get iggy, and if 10 mil expiring plus a rookie contract of ed davis is not enough maybe you add JJ...but derozan is a steep price.
                        now what if I said this LA born native was non-committal about returning to the RAPs in his contract year... and that DC did not think he had the mental make up for a deep play off drive...

would you want the dog and pony show of will he stay or will he go in his contract year? wants to go to a winner?
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Flynn is who I was hoping for. I would love to see Bayless and JJ packed in a trade for a 1st round pick, or a couple 2nd round picks, after this deal.

C: Valanciunas, Vucevic, Gray/Magloire
                          PF: Bargnani, Amir, Acy
                          SF: Iggy, Kleiza
                          SG: Fields, Ross
                          PG: Lowry, Flynn, Uzoh
                          I like this line up and if we can work out a sign & trade for O.J Mayo to use our 7.6M TPE with Memphis that would be great IMO....say a 4 yr 40M deal? (7.6,9.4,11,12) and offer JJ and 3M as a thank you for doing the deal.

I would renounce Bayless honestly and go with Flynn on a 4 year 12m deal if he would sign for that.

If we indeed keep Fields then he can float between a 2 and 3 and end up signing a vet to fill in the holes.

Lowry , Flynn , Uzoh
                          Mayo , Ross , Fields
                          Iggy , Kleiza , Fields
                          Bargnani , Amir , Acy
                          Valanciunas , Vucevic , Pryzibilla or Magloire

Comment

• Thorn says it's not true

Rod Thorn said there’s no truth to rumblings about a trade involving the 76ers and Raptors.
                            Source: phillyBurbs.com

Perhaps Colangelo leaked the rumor to get other teams to improve their offers for DD and Calderon?

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                              now what if I said this LA born native was non-committal about returning to the RAPs in his contract year... and that DC did not think he had the mental make up for a deep play off drive...

would you want the dog and pony show of will he stay or will he go in his contract year? wants to go to a winner?
                              so your logic is to trade everyone before their contract year for one of the worst contracts in the league...true

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Source: phillyBurbs.com

Perhaps Colangelo leaked the rumor to get other teams to improve their offers for DD and Calderon?
                                i posted that link in here last night.. it looks to me to be a random Phila reporter tweeting his wet dream...

Comment

Working...
                                X