Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the amnesty clause be used prior to this season? Just for example, if someone gets injured during the preseason and is out for atleast a season(Blake griffin a couple years ago) would we be able to use it? Or does it not become usable until next offseason?

Comment

I dont think I can play if its an everyday roster set, because I dont have time to do it every day and I will lose if I dont

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
        I dont think I can play if its an everyday roster set, because I dont have time to do it every day and I will lose if I dont
        I don't understand this gripe with Roster setting ... You can set your entire roster for the entire week at the beginning of the week. For all 7 days. Do it all in one shot. Once a week.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I don't understand this gripe with Roster setting ... You can set your entire roster for the entire week at the beginning of the week. For all 7 days. Do it all in one shot. Once a week.
          I understand how you don't understand the gripe with roster setting. You are right that you can set it once a week for the whole week. However, chances are that the person who has the time (and puts in the effort effort) to tweak lineups on a daily basis will do better. Players status change, and this happens even more often down the stretch. Players get hot, players go cold, someone gets a DNP, someone gets hurt, someone is back in the lineup.

On top of that, sometimes you may adjust your roster based on the fact you may simply need more of a certain stat to take the lead in a week, and might start a guy who's going to get you more "boards" vs the 'better' player.

All that to say, yes, rosters can be set ahead of time, but that is rarely the best strategy. I understand the gripe. IMO if i couldn't at least check in a couple times a week, I don't know if i would play. I'm too competitive to just trust that my decisions on Sunday will be the best ones for 3 days later, much less 6-7 days later.

Comment

Guys, this is a hardcore league. It is what it is. We all have lots of stuff going on, you just need to decide very quickly if you want to be in this league as it is right now. We're locking the teams in this week.

Comment

in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

skywalker wrote: View Post
                IMO if i couldn't at least check in a couple times a week, I don't know if i would play. I'm too competitive to just trust that my decisions on Sunday will be the best ones for 3 days later, much less 6-7 days later.
                Well you are in Luck then, as we are expecting people to set Rosters every day, not once a week.

Comment

It takes two minutes to go to the league and throw your starters in the lineup. What I typically do is set it for three or four days in advance and then just tweak it as time moves on. The beauty of this method is that if something comes up and I can't get online then no worries, I already have a lineup set that I was happy with only a few days back.

Comment

You guys are right, it takes no time to set the lineups. The real time I put in is nerding it up on stats to see who to pick up on waivers

Comment

drizz wrote: View Post
                      The real time I put in is nerding it up on stats to see who to pick up on waivers
                      Exactly. And thats ultimately where the Winner will be crowned.

Matt52 won our Keeper League last year, not because he had the Best Keepers or because he set his Roster everyday (though that helps). He won because of his strategy on the Waiver, strategy on Subs, and strategy making the best moves.
                      The Best Manager wins. And really, the Best Manager is the one who takes it most seriously.

If someone ends up not Winning solely because of not setting their Roster, then I really have no Sympathy.

When joining a Fantasy League, I would assume everyone knows the sort of commitment it takes to be successful. And I would guess most embrace that commitment.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Exactly. And thats ultimately where the Winner will be crowned.

Matt52 won our Keeper League last year, not because he had the Best Keepers or because he set his Roster everyday (though that helps). He won because of his strategy on the Waiver, strategy on Subs, and strategy making the best moves.
                        The Best Manager wins. And really, the Best Manager is the one who takes it most seriously.

If someone ends up not Winning solely because of not setting their Roster, then I really have no Sympathy.

When joining a Fantasy League, I would assume everyone knows the sort of commitment it takes to be successful. And I would guess most embrace that commitment.
                        Nailed it.

My stunning good looks, devilish charm, and witty personality also played very little of a role.

Comment

You guys sound like you aren't aware yet that there is a lot of luck involved, especially in H2H.

I didn't beat Skywalker something like 7-2 in the first round because I suddenly was the better manager. I had some good moves, but mostly my team got red hot.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            You guys sound like you aren't aware yet that there is a lot of luck involved, especially in H2H.

I didn't beat Skywalker something like 7-2 in the first round because I suddenly was the better manager. I had some good moves, but mostly my team got red hot.
                            There is definitely luck involved with the schedule.

However, I won a couple of matchups by benching players, dropping others, picking up others, maximizing the lineup, and benching the entire team.

There is definitely strategy.... and definitely luck in the way the match ups fall.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              That is very true. Good point lol

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                A cap of 45 would allow you to easily re-sign two guys per year while only having five player turnover/year if you play it correctly. I mean most NBA teams turn over that many guys per year.

How about we up the cap ten to 45 and we could say rookies drafted by you(starting next year's draft) don't count against your two player re-signings per year. What this would do is reward is building from within and it would also give you the flexibility to hold a team together easier. To make it too easy to keep everyone would make the league less interesting and do we really want to do that?

Also I think you're overrating the quality of the players hitting the wire. You're also underestimating the strategy that goes into winning private WW bids with a limited budget. I don't think we should add them to the draft pool because that's getting away from the dynasty concept. To have a WW free agency period adds extra complexity because it eats into your regular season WW budget. Do you go all out in WW free agency or do you play it conservative so you have budget left to win waived FA's when the season starts.
                                That works for me. 45 straight or 40 and no 'free' resigning of rookies would as well.

About the consultation rounds; it's the first time I hear about that and I have no clue how this works. So there might be more rules I don't know yet. Are these viewable on the leaguepage or our own specific rules?

Comment

Working...
                                X