No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly less deluded than those Leafs fans. Only slightly.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
      2 italians in the list

Danilo is going to have a great year... If he shoots less threes. He is such a great athlete. Sadly, he's a better rebounder than Bargs. Better shooter, more athletic, quick and nearly as strong. And stands at 6'10". Beast.
      Gallo is very talented, no doubt.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
          Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Even if Bargs turns into all world one-on-one post defender, it still won't mean squat. His lack of awareness on help defense will still lead to wide open layups and dunks. People simply do not appreciate that aspect of defense, probably because there's no easy stat for that.
            Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Well, unfortunately a lot of people seem to think blocks equals good defense. That is obviously not true.
              That is proven by the fact that Bargs averaged more blocks than Horford.

Comment

btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.
                * We have this debate every year, so let's get it out of the way now. If you play in a five-category league (or any league that doesn't incorporate free-throw shooting) – then feel free to use a top-5 pick on Dwight Howard. But if you play in a nine-category fantasy hoops league, drafting Superman is extremely risky. In leagues that count turnovers and FT%, he is arguably the most overrated player in the sport. Yes, the jaw-dropping 20/20 double-doubles are amazing. As are the 2.8 blocks per game and the 61% shooting from the field. But at the end of the day, Dwight Howard doesn't help your bottom line nearly as much as you may think. The debilitating free-throw percentage combined with the fact that he attempts 10 freebies per game, is an anchor than will sink your team in roto-leagues. In addition, the turnovers are tough to swallow as well. Many, many players with balanced all-around games are more beneficial to your overall fantasy health. Per basektballmonster.com, Howard ranked 53rd overall last season.
                link here
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Just something, Bargs had MANY blocks on guards running in for dunks and lay-ups. Just saying.
                  But he's consistently not in the right place each time on defense thus he'll block one but 5 others will get by him. His on court awareness level is very low on defense. It's not just about blocks but altering shots, backing up team mates in the paint and boxing out as well- accountability, which Jay didn't enforce with the players. Bargnani needs an ADavis type center & RArtest type SF beside him to be most successful in the NBA and nullify his weaknesses until then he is what he is - a mostly jump shooting 7 foot stretch 4 that boards like a SG.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                      Oh, well I don't play fantasy basketball It's more complex than I thought... HAHA.

Comment

btw, if this is fantasy rankings, shouldn't dwight be top 5. He gets 20 14 and 3 pretty much every game.
                        He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          He gets a high volume of FTA but his FT% is horrendous. This is what hold him back every year.
                          i was just gonna say this.

apollo, does RR host an nba fantasy league?

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Alas, Tim, you know the game well. But sadly, exactly what you stated is believed by the casual basketball fan, i.e. blocks = defense.

The best team/help defender the Raps ever had was Charles Oakley, even in the latter stages of his career, and he couldn't block my grandmother. Vince Carter had more blocks than him (almost 2-to-1), so I guess that makes VC a better defender than Oak.

Comment

• what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
                              he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
                              and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
                              these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                                what?? 37?? yahoo ranks him at 29, espn at 47. these are bullshit!!!!!!
                                he should be at 200+, thats where the haters here at RR would probably put him
                                and who are we to argue with the haters???? hahahahaha
                                these espn, yahoo associates are donks compared to our bloggers!
                                It seems to me that not all the posters here who criticize various aspects of his game hate him

I just happen to think that his team defense sucks rotten eggs and that team defense is critical to a team winning games.

I also think he could be more efficient on offense, which actually applies to a lot of NBA players, but other than that is offense is acceptable.

Rest assured that there is no way that I hate him.

Comment

Working...
                                X