Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This The End Of Summer Moves For Raptors & BC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This The End Of Summer Moves For Raptors & BC?

Today is Aug 11 and it seems like the player transfers and moves are really slowing down.
    Who here thinks that we will have our PG position resolved by the training camp ?
    Are we really going to have 27 millions invested on that position ?

How about the depth at the Center position ? Is it going to be AB and Anderson for the whole season ?

no, things will change thorughout the season, as far as the offseason probably. i'm not sure if they'll be one more move raptors related.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

calderon will be a raptor until 2013 when he becomes an expiring and we can just dump him.

Comment

guess not

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Wright&p=35830

although, it's not that exciting.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Didnt the raptors just acquire julian wright? I think all the important trades are over, but i think we will acquire more pieces to the puzzle, but no corner pieces...but in the end, the puzzle will still look like a pile of dung

took that metaphor too far...

Comment

Maybe BC is trying to get Rubio out of spain and into a Raptors jersey?

...dont kill me I'm new here!

Comment

i dont think this is the end at all, considering EVERYONE knows including BC that were gonna be pretty bad this year i dont see it in Bryans nature to be patient and ride the season out, i still think hes gonna TRY to pull a rabbit out of a hat

Comment

I still think one of Calderon/Jack will be traded. As it stands, they have Kleiza/Wright at SF, DeRozan/Weems at SG and Calderon/Jack at PG. Barbosa was acquired to play PG/SG off the bench, but as long as both Calerdon & Jack are on the team, there are simply not enough minutes to go around.

Calderon - bad defense and big contract are the main reasons to trade him, but his pass-first mentality is different from Jack & Barbosa

Jack - likely easiest to trade because he is combo guard with decent contract, made at least somewhat redundant by acquisition of Barbosa

Barbosa - smaller, quicker, less consistent version of Jack with a worse contract, who is well like by Colangelo... likely means he is the least likely of these three players to be traded

Comment

Julian Wright was a small play. There is more coming.

Comment

BC + Rabbit in a hat = Ricky Rubio ???

dont Kill me I'm new

I'll find something intelligent to say next time....i hope.

Comment

Welcome Usagi_yo_Jimbo. If my childhood memories are correct I have one thing to say... "Turtle Power".

Comment

I too feel there's more. Considering James Johnson was made available by Chicago or Wilson Chandler by NYC, I'm starting to wonder if those teams were asking too much in return, like Weems or DD. Julian Wright is a decent pick-up. Not sure about his defence but offence was there from time to time. I also feel like Okafor is coming here for some reason. I just have a gut feeling.

PS> I hate those bastards at ESPN. They're so biased when it comes to the Raps. For some unknown reason, they keep hating on Amir and his contract. Maybe it was said before but my MIP candidate for the upcoming season is Amir Johnson. There, I said it.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Julian Wright was a small play. There is more coming.
                          Sorry my friend I think Wright was anything but a small play. I think Wright will be best trade that BC makes all summer. It may take a year or two to show that but Wright has a heck of a lot of upside, maybe as much as Davis. Wright's problem is that he has had no solid coaching direction and no mentor to help him through the trials and tribulations in the NBA along with the pressure that falls on a young talented player with a lot of upside.

The comments below are a couple of years old and from DraftExpress, the preeminent draft website. I know it is only a summer league game but I agree with the comments based upon what I have seen of Wright on the court since he came into the league.

Las Vegas Summer League Day Three
                          July 14, 2008
                          Wright may not have put up the best stat line today, but he was easily the most impressive player on the floor. The athleticism he possesses at his size is simply incredible, and coupled with his ball handling ability, makes him a very intimidating matchup. He put his court vision and passing on display today, getting into the lane at will before kicking out to open teammates for open jump shots. While his passing ability makes him an asset, his other offensive skills are still very much a work in progress. Wright didn’t look great shooting the ball, and needs to continue developing that aspect of his game. Despite his lack of perimeter shooting, Wright is too long and athletic for most of the players in attendance to keep out of the lane. That same length and athleticism provided some of the most impressive highlights of the day, including a couple of big steals for give and go alley oops, and some of the most emphatic blocks we’ve seen all week.
                          [Read Full Article]
                          http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Julian-Wright-275/
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

To all Dumb Dumbs here who thought the ONLY way for Pacers to get a PG is to waste 32 million dollar on Jose.

They Got Collision for almost nothing. Good for Pacers

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                              Sorry my friend I think Wright was anything but a small play.
                              ... When I said "small play" I was talking dollars and cents. They have around $9M in expiring contracts and a PG to play with on the market. The big money is still in play. This move was small money. I'm already on record on this board as suggesting Wright could be another steal on the level or Amir, Sonny and Carlos.

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                              To all Dumb Dumbs here who thought the ONLY way for Pacers to get a PG is to waste 32 million dollar on Jose.

They Got Collision for almost nothing. Good for Pacers
                              What "dumb dumbs"? I don't remember anyone in here using "only Jose" and "Pacers" in the same sentence.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Wed Aug 11, 2010, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X