Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry, but this is a "my favourite player is being beaten up by everyone, so I'm going to try and turn the tables by criticizing a well liked player" thread. DeRozan had one bad game, but is one of the better performing sophomore SGs in the league.

In fact, he's 3rd among all sophomores in scoring and 10th in PER among sophomores who play at least 25 mpg. And he's much more productive than Bargnani was in his second year (14 PER to Bargnani's 10.6 PER, which doesn't take into account minutes played).

Unfortunately, I've seen a lot of this happening among Bargnani fans, who, I'm guessing, are sick of Bargnani being picked on, so start picking on guys like DeMar and Amir. The criticizing of Amir is particularly ridiculous because he's been the Raptors most consistent and productive player throughout the season, the one who has played the most well rounded game, and about the only guy who is not on his rookie contract that is actually earning his money.

If these people who criticize DeRozan don't also criticize Bargnani, then it's hypocritical at best, and trolling at worst. Neither one has played good defense and, outside of scoring, neither has contributed much. At least there is still hope DeRozan's defense will improve, because he's only in his second year. Bargnani, at this point, is basically a lost cause on that end of the floor.
    While I actually do think Derozan has not showed alot for me to have faith that he could be anything more than a back up (to date)... I do find the hypocracy/ignorance in the Bargnani boys ridiculous.

And you are right Tim, this is all it is. A diversion. They want to somehow justify in their own mind how "good" Bargnani is and how its everyone else bringing him down.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      Lol stfu man!
      Derozan
      last season ppg:8.6
      This season:16.4
      thats a 7.8 ppg increase and that is a huge stride. Next season he'll be averaging 20+ppg and it took bargnani 3 season just to average 15ppg. So sit your old ass down "buckaroo"
      Ur funny lil bro, I'm glad you are on this board. I can tell you we would be better off with another 2 , even the other 2's from DD's draft class

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
        now your stats are just GARBAGE
        no those are accurate... but I understand. To the Barg boys accuracy and facts are just things that get in the way.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
          While I actually do think Derozan has not showed alot for me to have faith that he could be anything more than a back up (to date)... I do find the hypocracy/ignorance in the Bargnani boys ridiculous.

And you are right Tim, this is all it is. A diversion. They want to somehow justify in their own mind how "good" Bargnani is and how its everyone else bringing him down.
          i love this, it's OK to hate on Bargs, in fact, it's like, commonplace and widely embraced

but if someone dares to point out the deficiencies of another player, everyone says "bargs sucks"

you all are hypocrites if you do that you know.

I'll meet you here next year when you are crying about "yo multipaul was right, DD sucks, trade his ass"

I'll be here waiting you pine nuts

Comment

• Junior wrote: View Post
            Even though Andrea is infamously the worst defensive center in the league, and quite possibly the worst defensive player in general, for the sake of argument, I will agree with you: he is an absolute gem, shooting 0.448 from the field at seven feet. So given Andrea is a gem, how is DeMar a disappointment? His sophmore season has been at least as good as Andrea's; therefore, he is theoretically en route to be at least as good as Andrea: an gem to every other GM in the league.

DeMar is still a sophmore, 21 years of age. Even if he was significantly less productive than he is currently, say as productive as Andrea was in his sophmore season, he still has plenty of time to make an All-Star of himself.

I think we need to wait another year or two to even begin to pass judgment on whether DeMar has lived up to the potential we gave him, regardless of statistics. Relax.
            Nahh beee what applies to one applies to all.

The NBA is a what have you done for me lately league. None of us have the time to wait another 2 years geez you want me to be dead. I want production now... What is this if he wants to develope get down to the dleague and join solomon.

Comment

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
              no those are accurate... but I understand. To the Barg boys accuracy and facts are just things that get in the way.
              What I love- this thread is about DD, and you are talking about Bargs LMFAO

ADMIT IT SON! DD AINT AS GOOD AS U THINK!

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                As much as I like Derozan, I beleive he will regress if we trade Bargnani. In the small sample of games without Andrea Demar has struggled. Coincidence? I think not.
                Bargnani generally struggled in games Bosh missed last season, but he adjusted this season. Any time defenses can suddenly focus on you and you're not used to it, there will be an adjustment period. DeRozan has adjusted with increased defensive attention this year, and I expect him to continue to do so.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nahh beee what applies to one applies to all.

The NBA is a what have you done for me lately league. None of us have the time to wait another 2 years geez you want me to be dead. I want production now... What is this if he wants to develope get down to the dleague and join solomon.
                  Actually yeah, DD would be an all star in the D league, it is suited for him, chuck a bunch of bricks, no defense, etc.

Comment

Yea good point. It takes a MAN to be the MAN. Not everyone is ready to handle the pressure of being the man. Bargnani could easily turtle up and take 8 shots per game if he cared about PER and all that bullshit. But he wants to be the man RESPECT.
                    That's right, that is right

Comment

Mr Defence all of a sudden doesn't like blocks? Wow make your mind I want your defenition of a good defensive player. I bet you don't even watch the games. You just check box scores and pop a bottle of champaigne when you see Bargnani has less than 5 boards a game.
                      You really want to get into a debate with me about whether a player getting blocks means he's playing good defense? I'm certainly willing, but I'm giving you a chance to think about what you said there.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ur funny lil bro, I'm glad you are on this board. I can tell you we would be better off with another 2 , even the other 2's from DD's draft class
                        he has had the most improvement in PPG than ANY sophmore.

Comment

You really want to get into a debate with me about whether a player getting blocks means he's playing good defense? I'm certainly willing, but I'm giving you a chance to think about what you said there.
                          HAHHA, yeah Tim reply to him, finish your Dom Perignon first and eat some crumpets!

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                            he has had the most improvement in PPG than ANY sophmore.
                            Lets see the stats Peak Frean

Comment

No i just want your final answer ! What is your definition of a good defensive player. I will frame the definition on my wall so that I know when you change your definition daily I can laugh out loud.

Comment

Lets see the stats Peak Frean
                                Do you watch raptors games? Matt and Jack say that like every game. And you know its true your just to busy worshiping a bargnani poster and eating Primo pasta.

Comment

Working...
                                X