No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always thought about the possibility of Barg to Charlotte. Seems possible

Comment

• I'm not seeing why Charlotte would want Bargnani. They have their own Bargnani in Mullens, who actually rebounds, and he is certainly going to come cheaper than $10-11M per year.

Comment

• I found the source of the ESPN Insider article above. This is a part of it which is along the lines of why I don't see Charlotte interested in Bargnani:

Higgins said that by the end of this week he and/or Cho will have spoken with every other NBA front office to gauge interest in making a deal. The Bobcats clearly need frontcourt help, as demonstrated by the 29-rebound deficit – a franchise-worst – they suffered last week in a home loss to the Indiana Pacers.

The Bobcats’ top rebounder this season, power forward Byron Mullens, is out with an ankle sprain. The team used the seventh pick in 2011 on center Bismack Biyombo, who has started 21 of the team’s first 38 games this season.

The Bobcats knew they were drafting a project in Biyombo, whose offensive skills are still quite limited. Still, they expect to see progress from a player drafted so high.

“Biz has to get better. But he’s only 20 years old,’’ said Cho, who was key to scouting and drafting Biyombo.

“We need more help rebounding. For now that has to be by committee. That’s something we’re going to address, whether through the trade deadline or through the draft.’’

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy
        Bargnani does nothing to help their rebounding woes.

Maybe if the Raptors took on Tyrus Thomas but I'd be looking for multiple draft picks in doing that.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I found the source of the ESPN Insider article above. This is a part of it which is along the lines of why I don't see Charlotte interested in Bargnani:

Bargnani does nothing to help their rebounding woes.

Maybe if the Raptors took on Tyrus Thomas but I'd be looking for multiple draft picks in doing that.
          Yeah I guess barg to Charlotte is very unlikely if they need rebounders. I figured they needed scoring

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=anbesxl

This could happen. This should happen.
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

• Danny (Seattle)

Will Andrea Bargnani be traded by the Raptors before the deadline. When he comes back from his injury, will it give both parties enough time to showcase his potential talents?
              Chad Ford**(1:15 PM)

If there is a decent offer for Bargnani, I expect the Raptors will take it. They won't give him away, but with how well Ed Davis is playing, he's finally expendable. The issue right now is that I haven't spoken to a GM who is excited about trading anyone on their roster for Bargnani. That's a problem.
              http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/46844

no no no no no no

Comment

• Remember all the Bargnani "offers" Colangelo talked about last year? I wonder if any of them involved....you know....NBA players.

Reminds me of the time Kramer offered to trade screen legend, Anthony Quinn's undershirt for Jerry's van.

Comment

• Ford did say "...a GM who is excited...". BC doesn't necessarily need to find a GM who's excited at the prospect of trading for Bargnani, merely one who's desperate enough to forego the need for excitement!
                  ;-)

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    Ford did say "...a GM who is excited...". BC doesn't necessarily need to find a GM who's excited at the prospect of trading for Bargnani, merely one who's desperate enough to forego the need for excitement!
                    ;-)
                    ha

yes the other silver lining I was trying to delude myself into was draft picks aren't on rosters either.... maybe we can get a few in return.

Comment

ha

yes the other silver lining I was trying to delude myself into was draft picks aren't on rosters either.... maybe we can get a few in return.
                      I'm assuming the GMs were also referring to players they viewed as core roster pieces moving forward, as opposed to fringe players (due to either skill and/or contract). Another potential silver lining, as long as draft picks are included in the return package, I suppose.

Comment

• Dave McMenamin: Chris Wallace on trade rumors: "What you really don't want is to not hear your name. That means no one wants you & your value has plummeted" Twitter @mcten
                        anyone else scared of the lack of smoke around bargs other than he is available.

Comment

anyone else scared of the lack of smoke around bargs other than he is available.
                          On one hand I understand that desire & need to trade him ASAP, since the team has shown much better grit & toughness in his absence. On the other hand, it might be in the team's long-term best interest to give him the 2nd half to regain his game shape and confidence, to raise his value heading into the offseason. It's not like this team is poised for a playoff run anyway, so I'm not concerned about him hurting the team in any real way during the 2nd half of the season. If he is destined to be traded (which I've resigned myself to as a long suffering Bargnani supporter), I'd rather not force the issue and would instead prefer to wait for as decent an offer as possible (ie: that doesn't mean keeping him for the next few seasons because there was no 'good' trade offer available). That could very well present itself before the trade deadline, but I wouldn't just dump him for the sake of dumping him, as I know full well some people would.

Comment

• Bargnani is worth less than fifty cents on the dollar. Everyone knows his limitations and I'm sure most are scared to death about him. I can see Bryan holding out until the summer and then either amenstying him or looking for deals then. He pretty much did the same thing with Jose last year... Jose of course was the better player but he held on to him because he didn't get a good enough offer. Bryan would have amnestied Jose if Nash signed with them.

Bargnani is not Vince Carter. Carter held the franchise hostage and lowered his trade value by purposely playing like crap. Bargnani is not a douche.. he's just not a good fit anymore. The Raptors might as well stick with him until the summer instead of trading him for a guy like Tyrus Thomas.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              On one hand I understand that desire & need to trade him ASAP, since the team has shown much better grit & toughness in his absence. On the other hand, it might be in the team's long-term best interest to give him the 2nd half to regain his game shape and confidence, to raise his value heading into the offseason. It's not like this team is poised for a playoff run anyway, so I'm not concerned about him hurting the team in any real way during the 2nd half of the season. If he is destined to be traded (which I've resigned myself to as a long suffering Bargnani supporter), I'd rather not force the issue and would instead prefer to wait for as decent an offer as possible (ie: that doesn't mean keeping him for the next few seasons because there was no 'good' trade offer available). That could very well present itself before the trade deadline, but I wouldn't just dump him for the sake of dumping him, as I know full well some people would.
                              the issue boils down to something Kenny Rogers put best:

"know when to hold them know when to fold them know when to walk away know when to run"

it is time to fold and run

do you get .40 on the dollar now or hope for .60 later while risking taking .20 instead?

maybe now is not the time to deal bargnani but there is never going to be a time in reality. even your reply implies a value that is simply not there. the hope a better deal surfaces is equally countered with the previous hundreds of games of his career are only reinforced.

time to cut the chord and save the amnesty for kleiza.

Comment

... time to cut the chord and save the amnesty for kleiza.

+1

Comment

Working...
                                X