Trade Jose at the height of his value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

special1 wrote: View Post
    Does Primo PastaBoy have a proven track record of being understanding and excited to do things for the team either???

Does rebounds, assists, taking charges, getting steals, and blocking shots count as things that help your team??

Bargnani doesn't do any of those things well...... sorry! Time to be the best 6th or 7th man on the team or get traded BARGS! I hope your right and he's a team player so that we can continue to see the primo pasta commercials. Its really funny - he seems to enjoy his pasta on the court! LOL Its on repeat on Raptors NBA TV
    I really hate doing this, but you really need to learn how to read. Go back through the thread and read again. And then you can delete your post. Too much eggnog? LMAO.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
      Hey Matt, have you ever checked what his the shot breakdown with Bargnani on and off the floor? Does better spacing create additional inside opportunities?

I am focusing more on open/guarded looks this year and specifically as it relates to the Cavaliers and their opponents. The Cavaliers have two players, Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson, who are very good in one side of the court and bad in the other. Very interesting stuff if you're into charting games.
      I have not checked the shot charts with Bargnani on and off.

I'm not sure how Bargnani makes a difference here though. In the Detroit game the Raptors had plenty of wide open looks as they had Kleiza playing mini-Bargnani. The issue was the wide open shots weren't falling and against the zone they had no other options other than to keep shooting as no one could get in to the key. Ball movement was good. The only way I think Bargnani could have helped here was if he made the shots.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I really hate doing this, but you really need to learn how to read. Go back through the thread and read again. And then you can delete your post. Too much eggnog? LMAO.
        The company party is CRAYYY ...no eggnog tho! I get it.....just being devils advocate.....your probably like me and wouldnt care if either gets traded.... RIGHT?

I honestly think we need to give Lowry more than a few months dont you?? Andrea had 7 seasons with the RAPTORS....

P.s. - what makes lowry special is the fact that he works his ass OFF. Unlike Andrea who many fans think is lazy, indifferent, coddled, etc.

Comment

Jose is looking good just because other teammate keep moving. However, our last 2 team leader, CB4 or AB7 most of time not play P&R with him to attack the board, but just waiting for Jose to fed them to make JS oustide. It just waste him on off. and only show his weakest on one on one D.

If we really want to keep Jose, number one thing should fire BC, coz i don't think Jose has too much trust on BC, a person whose to trade him out again and again. Number 2, just Lowry and AB7 to get trade a pick or a star could able to work with the PG.

Comment

I don't think we should trade him. He's been key to our success this year, and having him on the roster always seems to give us an advantage at point guard over many other teams, especially when he's runnig the second unit. If we can get him signed to a reasonable deal in the offseason I say keep him all the way. That way, we have a solid, reliable PG who can run our offense and who already has great chemistry with many of our guys.
            I think he's earned another contract, especially since he's always been professional and a good leader for our guys.

Comment

He's earned one that's for sure but I'm not sure he will want to stay. By the way, Mavs just waived Derek Fisher and Wizards waived Shaun Livingston... Maybe there's something in the works!

Comment

Get Utah on the phone.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/87...z-indefinitely

Comment

Who would you like on Utah?

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Who would you like on Utah?
                    Millsap (not gonna happen)
                    Burks
                    Bell (LAL and Minnesota are both reportedly interested so I'd flip him)
                    their draft picks in 2013 or 2014
                    GSW draft pick in 2013 (I don't think GS finishes year in playoffs - just saying)

Comment

Raptorboy wrote: View Post
                      Totally agree...Jose is a legit starter and a superb team player. He is a great leader and it will be a great loss for the Raptors when he leaves. It would be great to see him stay and finish career with Raps but it will not happen. He has proven himself time after time only to watch management look for other solutions at PG. Only when he leaves will we truly realize what we lost.

Jose vs. Ford = Jose
                      Jose vs Jack = Jose
                      Jose vs Bayless = Jose
                      Jose vs Lowry = Jose

If he could not prove himself to management after this what else could he do. The damage is done. We are losing Jose and will regret it.
                      for me this just shows that Jose only plays up to his full potential when he feels threatened by legit players. he shouldn't need that to play his best. I would still take tj over him if he hadn't of fucked up his neck. Jack was brought in to back up Jose not take his job and backwash was a hope and a prayer for something great.

in a set offense Jose is a fantastic pg. if he were the shooting pg in a triangle offense like Harper or Fisher he would be great. in a fast paced offense lowry is a much better player and he is far more talented then Jose.

with luck Jose is playing his get me out of toronto game for the 29 other gms

Comment

bayless not backwash. God damn auto correct

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                          bayless not backwash. God damn auto correct
                          Hahaha I just thought you came up a new nickname for him.
                          Found it to be kinda harsh, but had accepted it none the less. Haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Hahaha I just thought you came up a new nickname for him.
                            Found it to be kinda harsh, but had accepted it none the less. Haha
                            I was one of the bayless supporters here and thought backwash was pretty harsh too. but thinking about it teams do keep taking a sip and spitting him back out. haha

Comment

Working...
                            X