No announcement yet.

LeBron to the Toronto Raptors???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Lebron has just opted out of his final year in Miami...

Ummmmmmmmmmm we have a chance right?...................

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post

Unless he opted out to sign for less, allowing Miami room to sign Lowry....

*Gulp*

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Quick inquiry from a newbie: Where does this awful borderline discussion rank in the all time worst Raptors Republic forum conversations?
          That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Unless he opted out to sign for less, allowing Miami room to sign Lowry....

*Gulp*
            He might've also just opted out because it's probably a better financial move, you get another 5 year contract, with a new 15% (or whatever) raise, leaving him a chance to opt out again in 4 years and get one more max deal before his career is done.

Comment

Lebron opting out has huge implications on the NBA. Though he's likely to resign with Miami, I wouldn't be surprised if every single team would at least consider the possibility of signing him. Some teams would be willing to trade their entire roster just to get him.

We should look to players that may be underappreciated because of this news, like Luol Deng and snap them up quickly.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                Lebron opting out has huge implications on the NBA. Though he's likely to resign with Miami, I wouldn't be surprised if every single team would at least consider the possibility of signing him. Some teams would be willing to trade their entire roster just to get him.

We should look to players that may be underappreciated because of this news, like Luol Deng and snap them up quickly.
                It is very interesting he has not stated his intentions.

Wade wants to go back. Bosh wants to go back. Both have been up front and public in declaring this.

Sometimes silence is deafening.

There is the rumour that he was pissed Mike Miller was amnestied to save money. If I'm LeBron (or anyone who gave up money), I'm thinking I'm sacrificing money to field a competitive team, shouldn't ownership?

Comment

I don't know why Lebron would go back to Miami - that roster is horrible without him. I'd worry about the Bulls. I don't know the chances, but if they could land him that team would be deadly, almost regardless of D-Rose's health. Just Lebron with that defense, and how he would rejuvenate the entire offense as its point-forward hub....the Bulls with Lebron next year would be better than the Heat with Lebron next year, in my opinion.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I don't know why Lebron would go back to Miami - that roster is horrible without him. I'd worry about the Bulls. I don't know the chances, but if they could land him that team would be deadly, almost regardless of D-Rose's health. Just Lebron with that defense, and how he would rejuvenate the entire offense as its point-forward hub....the Bulls with Lebron next year would be better than the Heat with Lebron next year, in my opinion.
                    Same with Houston.

Comment

Time for Drizzy to go to work. Make it happen!!
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

rapfan10 wrote: View Post

Heat fans also opt out to weigh options LMAO
                        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Heat Fans Right Now

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Lebron opting out has been a foregone conclusion for months now (years maybe). He's going to get a bigger max deal than he currently has, and he puts extra pressure on Riley to upgrade the Heat. Far more interesting is whether Wade and Bosh opt in or not. I think they'd both be foolish not to as they're healthily overpaid and any new contract they'd sign this offseason would pale by comparison. If they do opt out though, it means they're going to take less money so the team can upgrade the roster, and that Lebron will be staying for sure (no way they opt out if Lebron says he's leaving).

Comment

Fun - let's go get him.

The trick is getting rid of Hayes/Fields/Novak. Remember cap room is a huge asset this summer - the rebuilding teams that will look to sell it off by absorbing that sort of contract will charge a big price - it's a seller's market out there. If we want to clear all three off the roster, it will cost us assets, probably all our picks this year and a future pick (say, the NYK 2016 pick). But let's say it could be done. Let's say we lose our first in the process (which also clears cap room). Let's say we waive Salmons and TH, and Buycks and Stone.

We would be looking at a roster of DD, JV, Ross, Lowry (say, 10M), Amir, Patman (say, 5M), GV (say, 5M), de Colo (say, 2M). That's 8 guys, so another 2M goes to roster slot holds, plus 600k for Camby's buyout, and 2M for TH and Salmons. Leaving the total cap hit at 50.1M. That means about 13.6M in cap room. So let's say we let de Colo go. That clears 1.5M. Leaving us with 15.0M in room.

Not enough to convince LBJ. But let's say if LBJ comes here we can re-sign guys for a bit of a discount. If we sign Patman and GV to deals that average 5M instead of starting there, with raises over 5 years, we clear about 1.3M in cap room. So we are looking at 16.3M. Then say we sign Lowry to a 9.5M AAV (to match DD) and backload it over 5 years. That means a starting salary of 8.3M, bumping us up to 18.1M in cap room.

18.1M in cap room equates to a 4 year, 77.2M dollar deal for LBJ. Is that enough?

If not, we could look to let Vasquez go and get some minimum salary guy to backup the PG spot (between LBJ and Lowry we'd be pretty set for ball handling).

With Vasquez gone, we have 21.9M in cap room. LBJ's maximum starting salary is probably going to be around 20.7M. That means a 4 year, 88.2M dollar deal. That's the most he can get if he doesn't re-sign in MIA. If he re-signs, he is eligible for 128M over 5 years or so.

But it puts him in the middle of a core with young prospects (Ross, JV), established all-star talent (DD, borderline Lowry), solid young players (Patman, Amir) and an ownership not afraid to spend into the tax because this team can be a cash cow with a talent like James. Immediately there's a very good chance we win the East, and moving forward we have all our picks for trades, and can get into the tax pretty quickly via raises and extensions.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Fun - let's go get him.

The trick is getting rid of Hayes/Fields/Novak. Remember cap room is a huge asset this summer - the rebuilding teams that will look to sell it off by absorbing that sort of contract will charge a big price - it's a seller's market out there. If we want to clear all three off the roster, it will cost us assets, probably all our picks this year and a future pick (say, the NYK 2016 pick). But let's say it could be done. Let's say we lose our first in the process (which also clears cap room). Let's say we waive Salmons and TH, and Buycks and Stone.

We would be looking at a roster of DD, JV, Ross, Lowry (say, 10M), Amir, Patman (say, 5M), GV (say, 5M), de Colo (say, 2M). That's 8 guys, so another 2M goes to roster slot holds, plus 600k for Camby's buyout, and 2M for TH and Salmons. Leaving the total cap hit at 50.1M. That means about 13.6M in cap room. So let's say we let de Colo go. That clears 1.5M. Leaving us with 15.0M in room.

Not enough to convince LBJ. But let's say if LBJ comes here we can re-sign guys for a bit of a discount. If we sign Patman and GV to deals that average 5M instead of starting there, with raises over 5 years, we clear about 1.3M in cap room. So we are looking at 16.3M. Then say we sign Lowry to a 9.5M AAV (to match DD) and backload it over 5 years. That means a starting salary of 8.3M, bumping us up to 18.1M in cap room.

18.1M in cap room equates to a 4 year, 77.2M dollar deal for LBJ. Is that enough?

If not, we could look to let Vasquez go and get some minimum salary guy to backup the PG spot (between LBJ and Lowry we'd be pretty set for ball handling).

With Vasquez gone, we have 21.9M in cap room. LBJ's maximum starting salary is probably going to be around 20.7M. That means a 4 year, 88.2M dollar deal. That's the most he can get if he doesn't re-sign in MIA. If he re-signs, he is eligible for 128M over 5 years or so.

But it puts him in the middle of a core with young prospects (Ross, JV), established all-star talent (DD, borderline Lowry), solid young players (Patman, Amir) and an ownership not afraid to spend into the tax because this team can be a cash cow with a talent like James. Immediately there's a very good chance we win the East, and moving forward we have all our picks for trades, and can get into the tax pretty quickly via raises and extensions.
                                Bravo.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X