Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jshchn wrote: View Post
    something that struck me during the press conference was that he was sending Mermuys to LA to help work with the player development in the offseason. That convinced me that we need to keep consistent with not only the head coach but also the coaching staff. At least for another year to see if we can go even higher (50 plus win season + second round in playoffs + contender status).
    I'd say that anything short of 50 wins next season would be a let down and a step back. Regardless of what's going on in the conference.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Averages are one thing but consistency is another.

Look at the wild fluctuations in playing time for Ross and JV.
      Look at the wild fluctuations in their play. Consistency isn't about playing time. It's about rewarding and punishing behaviour. It's about setting expectations and not moving the bar and holding guys accountable to those expectations. Of course you have to leave some wiggle room but people respond to accountability.
      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
      Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
        Look at the wild fluctuations in their play. Consistency isn't about playing time. It's about rewarding and punishing behaviour. It's about setting expectations and not moving the bar and holding guys accountable to those expectations. Of course you have to leave some wiggle room but people respond to accountability.
        Why doesn't this apply to vets like Salmons and Hayes?

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
          Vets win games. Duh.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Salmons and Hayes do make the odd mistake, but their issues aren't the same as JV and TRoss. They are just very limited physically. JV and TRoss have far more talent and physical ability, but they also are far more prone to mental errors .

Missing a couple of shots is excusable. Failing to box out, leaving the ball down for an easy strip. lobbing lazy passes or constantly failing to properly rotate is less excusable to Casey.
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Somewhat off topic, but should Masaii bring in Mark Jackson to be a part of the coaching staff?
              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                Somewhat off topic, but should Masaii bring in Mark Jackson to be a part of the coaching staff?
                Good god no. He was alienating the coaching staff and front office because of his ego when he was a head coach...Can't imagine what he would be like as an assistant.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Good god no. He was alienating the coaching staff and front office because of his ego when he was a head coach...Can't imagine what he would be like as an assistant.

Yeah, I agree with that. What about as a commentator?

"Momma, there goes that man!" "Hand down, man down!"
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

Why do you think it was Jackson and not the front office that was at fault? Jackson turned that team from a joke to contenders in a year. They were 1 shot away from taking down arguably the best team in the West.

Now considering all that there's no way he's taking a non-head coach job but I'm just saying, why do you believe he was the problem?

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Why do you think it was Jackson and not the front office that was at fault? Jackson turned that team from a joke to contenders in a year. They were 1 shot away from taking down arguably the best team in the West.

Now considering all that there's no way he's taking a non-head coach job but I'm just saying, why do you believe he was the problem?
                      Well it's not like he got their talent to overachieve. They had one of the most talented rosters even in the stacked West. 2 of his assistants had to be removed from the picture, and he managed to alienate Jerry West, one of the greatest basketball minds ever.

I fully think Jackson was the problem. There can't be that many issues and it's everyone else's fault.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post

Yeah, they went from a 23 win team in his first year to a 50+win team the next.

Also, he was the one that put Steph Curry in the leadership position and also gave him the opportunity to become a superstar.

Comment

because if jonas or ross make some mistakes and develope bad habits, it fucks us up in the future

if salmons or hayes make a mistake and develope bad habits, who the fuck cares
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Warriors are stacked at every position, they under achieved if anything. Warriors have been my 2nd team since Bogut went there so I watch all their games. His rotations are even worse than Casey's. For the first half of the year he was bringing in all 5 bench guys at the same time and regularly losing 20 point leads to nothing in a few minutes. Their offense is seriously questionable. So many awful iso post ups with David Lee, Klay and Harrison Barnes (ugh). For as many brilliant shooters, passers and players they have, their offense was broken much of the time. It took him 3/4 of the year to work out that Draymond Green is way better than Barnes and deserves big minutes. He never played the defensive juggernaut lineup of Bogut, Green, Iggy, Klay and Steph together even though it is absolutely immense. And on top of it he has a gigantic ego and had two of his assistants removed like stated above. The players absolutely adore him (at least publicly) , mostly due to his religious ways so they're probably upset at this.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                              Warriors are stacked at every position, they under achieved if anything. Warriors have been my 2nd team since Bogut went there so I watch all their games. His rotations are even worse than Casey's. For the first half of the year he was bringing in all 5 bench guys at the same time and regularly losing 20 point leads to nothing in a few minutes. Their offense is seriously questionable. So many awful iso post ups with David Lee, Klay and Harrison Barnes (ugh). For as many brilliant shooters, passers and players they have, their offense was broken much of the time. It took him 3/4 of the year to work out that Draymond Green is way better than Barnes and deserves big minutes. He never played the defensive juggernaut lineup of Bogut, Green, Iggy, Klay and Steph together even though it is absolutely immense. And on top of it he has a gigantic ego and had two of his assistants removed like stated above. The players absolutely adore him (at least publicly) , mostly due to his religious ways so they're probably upset at this.
                              I think the players love him also because of his lame offensive system which lets guys iso and basically freelance however they want. Lots of players like that kind of coach.

Comment

I think the players love him also because of his lame offensive system which lets guys iso and basically freelance however they want. Lots of players like that kind of coach.
                                I think the ISO stuff is on Jackson, he encourages it. he's really old school and seems to think what worked in his day works today as well.

If you read the quotes of all the players defending him en masse when questioned about his possible firing a few months ago, they all say how much they love him and what a great father figure he is and that he's brought them closer to god etcetcetc

Comment

Working...
                                X