Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We already have the perfect SF

Hello everyone.

I would like to introduce you to Healthy Landry Fields. He is the perfect fit for the starting lineup.

Healthy Landry Fields can:

-> shoot 49% from 2 39% from 3 and 77% from the free throw line
    -> rebound at a per 36 of 7.4
    -> make the smart pass
    -> play lock down defense
    -> move terrifically off the ball
    -> set good screens

The good news is....

This is an important point when dealing with peripheral nerve injuries. The healing process almost invariably requires an extensive amount of time to occur. It is important for patients not to lose hope during this time. It is vital that they participate in their exercises, keeping the affected muscles and joints flexible and ready to be used once again when the axons regrow into them. It is not unusual for patients to undergo a lengthy, complex, peripheral nerve reconstruction procedure, only to see no evidence of recovery for a year or more. This can be immensely frustrating for the patient. Unfortunately, there is nothing in medical science currently that can make these axons grow any faster. Perhaps it is best to think of this delay all as part of the healing process, paving the road to getting better!
    wait that was the bad news...

The good news is the Landry Fields we get this season will be the one he is for the rest of his career.

Let's hope he has a good summer and we can put all this small forward talk to rest
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

But casey won't play him

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
      But casey won't play him
      If he can get his shot mechanics right over the summer...Casey will play the fuck out of him
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

If he could return to his rookie season form, that would be amazing.

I'm not holding out much hope though.

Even at his best I think he is best suited off the bench if we're talking about building a championship contending team.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          If he could return to his rookie season form, that would be amazing.

I'm not holding out much hope though.

Even at his best I think he is best suited off the bench if we're talking about building a championship contending team.
          I agree, but if he does return to form he can certainly fill a void next season. I would have no issues with him starting if he can shoot decently. I'm actually really hoping it works our for him over the summer as it would greatly strengthen our wing rotation and eliminate the need to acquire a big wing this offseason. Landry making a strong contribution next season would be ideal for the Raps I think. It would fill a need and then he expires giving cap space to go after a game changer.

Comment

remember when fields was a defensive demon whenever he played in the playoffs but casey was like nah the last two games and we lost a series we probably should have won
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                How many of these has he done LMAO
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                  How many of these has he done LMAO
                  Enough to confirm that he is in fact the PERFECT SF.

Comment

Gotta hand it to him, he's got confidence.

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

But what is considered his old form? Besides his rookie season he hasn't shot the ball well, and he's been around for about as long as DeMar has, so his rookie season wasn't anything recent. To keep holding out hope that he will get back to that is like Bargnani fans hoping he'll ... okay I won't speak ill of the dead.

And all this talk about him being a lockdown defender is ridiculous. He's got good size, is a decent defender and played well against Melo because he knows his game so well from his years in New York, but Landry Fields in no lockdown defender. He might be a better defender than Salmons (old and decrpid) or Ross (jumps whenever he spots something shiney) at the SF position, but that does not make him a Tony Allen, LBJ type defender.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                          But what is considered his old form? Besides his rookie season he hasn't shot the ball well, and he's been around for about as long as DeMar has, so his rookie season wasn't anything recent. To keep holding out hope that he will get back to that is like Bargnani fans hoping he'll ... okay I won't speak ill of the dead.

And all this talk about him being a lockdown defender is ridiculous. He's got good size, is a decent defender and played well against Melo because he knows his game so well from his years in New York, but Landry Fields in no lockdown defender. He might be a better defender than Salmons (old and decrpid) or Ross (jumps whenever he spots something shiney) at the SF position, but that does not make him a Tony Allen, LBJ type defender.
                          Agreed. If Landry Fields was the "difference maker" for us in the Playoffs, then we have bigger problems.

Comment

Fields is no Tony Allen defensively, but he's very good. And he's also no Tony Allen offensively, in spite of both missing a jump shot. Fields can do so much more in terms of moving without the ball, ballhandling, rebounding than Allen does.

I agree that Fields should at the very least be playing 20 MPG as a wing defender and glue guy. If Salmons is gone and only a rookie brought in on the wing, I suspect we'd see a lot more Fields and be better for it. If he can get some of his shot back, all the better. If he doesn't, he can't really be the solution at the 3 (unless DD is moved you really need shooting there), but he certainly should be part of the rotation.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think banking on Landry to find his shot again is risky. Agreed, a healthy Landry who can shoot solves the SF problems, but it's completely unpredictable whether a) the nerve damage will be completely gone, and b) that the shot is recoverable anyways.

You just can't play "Landry without a shot" for any significant time. Suddenly, you are playing all offensive possessions basically 4 on 5. We don't need a good shooter as the backup 3 necessarily, but we do need someone who the defense has to at least guard.
                              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                              X