No announcement yet.

TRADE Raptors-Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we're talking a 3rd of the season in, when the cap hit for NY would be a little softened and the media has sharpened their knives, I could see NY giving BC a call (can you tell I'm not high on Felton?). That being said, I agree there's not much else there other than Shumpert (coming off a major injury) which is why I mentioned J.R. Smith. Plus, BC loves his (useless) trade exemptions...

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      Andrea for Milsap=Offense for Defense. Can't be done this year 'cause we'll be sacrificing our limited offense for defense which is not a big concern considering the additions of Lowry, Fields, Ross and Acy.
      Just out of curiosity, why are you so high on Acy?

Only a small proportion of the players selected in the second round become good players and I am curious to understand why you appear to believe the dice lords will look kindly on Acy.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post

Only a small proportion of the players selected in the second round become good players and I am curious to understand why you appear to believe the dice lords will look kindly on Acy.
        Acy has that type of personality and on-court character that he could be in the league for years just because he's such a hard worker. Whether backing up at the 4, sitting at the end of the bench, etc. If His actual basketball skill develops into something useful, other than his ability to dunk everything, and rebound, is to be seen.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I don't really think Cleveland would be a good option for Calderon, especially since they are rebuilding, not looking to win now. However, when looking at their roster, I also notice that they really don't have any decent PF behind Thompson (assuming Verejao starts at C with Zeller backing him up)... unless you consider Leuer, Samuels or Harangody to be decent. If Calderon might not be enough to net a 1st round pick, I wonder if Davis might (with or without Calderon)?
          Cleveland is the other team I watch and I would be shocked if they traded for Jose Calderon. If it happens, I would expect it would be for something like expiring contracts and a 2nd round pick.

Kyrie Irving can play 38+mpg a game when healthy. Playing Calderon at the 2 with Irving would not work as Irving is currently a (much) worse defender than Calderon. We tried that experiment with Sessiions last year and it was very painful to watch on the defensive end.

The Cavaliers will probably start the season with Varejao at center and Thompson at power forward. Thompson, Varejao, and Zeller are all capable of playing center and power forward. In my opinion, Samuels is no better nor worse than Aaron Gray, just different. Fifth bigs except Samulels will likely be exposed for having to play too many minutes.

Ed Davis is not currently worth a potential lottery pick, be it from Cleveland or any other team. He just has not been that good and did not show much progress in his second year. While he has valid excuses - injuries and no training camp - for the slow progression, there was so little progression that I am far from convinced he will ever start in this league.

Comment

If my post suggests that I'm high on Acy you're misunderstanding. I included him in the list of defensive minded players because he is supposed to be one(defensive minded). Doesn't mean I'm high on him.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Cleveland is the other team I watch and I would be shocked if they traded for Jose Calderon. If it happens, I would expect it would be for something like expiring contracts and a 2nd round pick.

Kyrie Irving can play 38+mpg a game when healthy. Playing Calderon at the 2 with Irving would not work as Irving is currently a (much) worse defender than Calderon. We tried that experiment with Sessiions last year and it was very painful to watch on the defensive end.
              I am glad my eyes did not deceived me.

Kyrie Irving was rated the worst defensive player in the league with at least 300 plays defended according to Synergy. Having said that, KI remains a very productive player because he is much better on the offensive court than he sucks in the defensive end. A great talent and I would not be surprised if he wins a scoring title in 2 or 3 years.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                With Fields, Lowry (Good rebounding guard), and more mobility on the glass from Jonas Valanciunas, this team won't have the worries about Bargnani being a liability on the glass.
                Great point. Plus with less pressure to lead a team in rebounding & help D, he could have a monster season on O.
                Andrea for Milsap makes zero sense for us (while Utah would probably jump at that in a sec).

Comment

I am glad my eyes did not deceived me.

Kyrie Irving was rated the worst defensive player in the league with at least 300 plays defended according to Synergy. Having said that, KI remains a very productive player because he is much better on the offensive court than he sucks in the defensive end. A great talent and I would not be surprised if he wins a scoring title in 2 or 3 years.
                  IMO, if your PG wins a scoring tile your team is going to be in lottery.

Comment

Working...
                  X