No announcement yet.

HoopsWorld.com: Flynn to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it would be a bad trade, but another mediocre PG? Are the Raptors turning into the T-Wolves? Is another mediocre PG really going to do anything?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He's hardly mediocre. Just wait and see what he can do when he's not confined to the triangle offense.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Calderon for Flynn and their first.

Draft Kanter and Leonard. Suddenly the lineup looks like this:

Flynn/Bayless
        Derozen/Barbosa
        Leonard/JJ/Klezia
        Ed/Amir
        Kanter/Alabi

Trade Bargs for some future picks or whatever.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          He's hardly mediocre. Just wait and see what he can do when he's not confined to the triangle offense.
          You've got a point there. For some reason I thought Rambis started this year. It is hard for PGs to flourish in the triangle.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Flynn/Bayless
            Derozen/Barbosa
            Leonard/JJ/Klezia
            Ed/Amir
            Kanter/Alabi

You think the T-Wolves would give up BOTH Flynn and their pick for Calderon? Since when did Calderin become so valuable?
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              You think the T-Wolves would give up BOTH Flynn and their pick for Calderon? Since when did Calderin become so valuable?
              I think you're right. A more likely trade might be Flynn+Pekovic or Flynn+Tolliver for Jose. I think the Wolves are under the cap, so matching salaries wouldn't be necessary, but I doubt Minnesota would want to take on extra cash.

Comment

No you're right the twolves are known for making shrewd moves
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think it would work to just do it straight up...but a package deal, potentially bringing in a third team even, could satisfy the teams needs. The article states the the T-Wolves would most likely try to move both Flynn and the pick if Rubio were to sign (I have also read elsewhere that Minnesota intends to make signing Rubio to a contract the top priority before the end of May.

We can also see that the Wolves are in need of big-man help and a veteran PG to mentor Rubio. Calderon would meet the second requirement better then anyone else. Anyone of more talent, and Minnesota would be able to acquire them to simply be a mentor, other then perhaps a player like Andre Miller (who I don't think Portland would move, and he would not be happy in that role). But Calderon can also help off of the court as well. Who could help a young Spanish PG adjust to live in the NBA better then a veteran Spanish PG. But, we have beat this idea into the ground over the last several months so I don't really need to elaborate very much.

As for the big-man help...that would need to be a third team unless Minnesota saw Bargnani that way.

Matt52 has some excellent (and plausible, I might add) trade suggestions here: http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...y-Trades/page2

Although Flynn is young and has a lot of potential, based on his play so far on the court he does not carry huge trade value. They tried to trade him at the deadline (from what I read) and did not find much being offered.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

at hoopsworld they said they want a experienced pg back for their top pick, i don't know about you but calderon is perfect especially since he's spanish.

Comment

A straight Jose for 1st and Flynn would be incredible - but unlikely is an understatement.

With that said, MIN's needs are not youth. If Barbosa opted in, other teams were involved, or Toronto made a couple of separeate trades, I think TOR could get some assets together that would interest MIN and allow TOR to get Flynn and the pick.

BTW, if Flynn came, he or Bayless would have to go in my opinion. I think both could fetch a future lottery protected first round pick on their own.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        BTW, if Flynn came, he or Bayless would have to go in my opinion. I think both could fetch a future lottery protected first round pick on their own.
                        I don't think either would have to go. I think having both of them coming into training camp guns blazing and really battling it out for the that starting spot would be great. We would get better at defense at the point guard position. Would have two guys going out every night with something to prove.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

yeah remember kahn is an idiot. anything is possible!!!

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            I don't think either would have to go. I think having both of them coming into training camp guns blazing and really battling it out for the that starting spot would be great. We would get better at defense at the point guard position. Would have two guys going out every night with something to prove.
                            I should have clarified, I am working under the assumption that TOR also has draft rights to Walker or Irving. I've gone in to overdrive on trade scenarios.... that will most likely never happen, lol.

Comment

Flynn/Bayless
                              Derozen/Barbosa
                              Leonard/JJ/Klezia
                              Ed/Amir
                              Kanter/Alabi

having kanter and alabi as our centres.

i'd much rather keep bargnani and gain some progressd in this rebuild.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

God are we this desperate

Comment

Working...
                                X