Free Agency 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    so what. You think he's going to make a blockbuster trade for like Rudy Gay or something?
    i think BC has said it before...when you are rebuilding you are trying to acquire as many assests as possible and then work trades that will fit your team. If we add another wing player, cleary someone needs to get moved....half our team is composed of wing role players (and they are young) + amir and ed. we can give up some of these assests and get some quality piece heading our way

I honestly can't see this offseason finishing without BC making a trade or two...i honestly can't i expect him to make at least 1 trade whether thats for lowry or for a starting 3

Comment

• Pure Madness! this doesn't feel like a clean buzz...

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/2...lowry_raptors/

Solves our point guard problems.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• If we go after Ersan.... he has to be a starter or 6th man for that money
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Just got off the dial with my by Kyle...I know him from Cardinal Dougherty H.S. where we both attended. I was a bench rider went on to become a broker and him a star. Anyways his quote of the day I'd like to share with you all...will make you all happy.

"I will make them forget Nash - looking forward to Toronto"

He is really good guy and has no attitude problem...you all will love my boy.

Regards
            RM
            It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

• We will.

Comment

• Raps will have an awesome back court! With my boy Lowry and Ross!
                If they can acquire a bit more without losing the little bench they have, They should Trade Calderon for Gay.

Memphis is tired of paying his money and calderon is an expiring contract and a decent backup PG for them. Just add Rudy to our roster and checkout the line-ups....pretty dangerous now NO?
                It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

• Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                  Raps will have an awesome back court! With my boy Lowry and Ross!
                  If they can acquire a bit more without losing the little bench they have, They should Trade Calderon for Gay.

Memphis is tired of paying his money and calderon is an expiring contract and a decent backup PG for them. Just add Rudy to our roster and checkout the line-ups....pretty dangerous now NO?
                  Doubtful that happens after they let Mayo walk.

Going after Iguodala seems a lot more likely, given the fact that Philly has Young/Harkless at SF and Evans at SG.

Toronto has lots of assets available
                  - Calderon (if too expensive to keep as a backup)
                  - Bayless (via S&T, since I can't see him happy backing up Lowry)
                  - Amir or Davis (one PF has to go)
                  - JJ (would still leave the new SF, Fields and Kleiza at SF, with DD/Ross at SG)
                  - 2013 2nd round pick
                  - 2013 1st round pick (not sure if they can trade it, given all the conditions on the 1st round pick going to Houston)

Comment

• Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                    Just got off the dial with my by Kyle...I know him from Cardinal Dougherty H.S. where we both attended. I was a bench rider went on to become a broker and him a star. Anyways his quote of the day I'd like to share with you all...will make you all happy.

"I will make them forget Nash - looking forward to Toronto"

He is really good guy and has no attitude problem...you all will love my boy.

Regards
                    RM

I have no idea how credible this is, or if you actually spoke with him, but if he did say that, I just got really pumped.

Comment

• James Johnson for Brandon Rush in a sign and trade would be interesting. In such a deal, Rush could be signed for up to $4.2M (150% of JJ's $2.8M contract).

If DC is still looking for shooters, Rush shot:

50% fg
                      45% 3pt
                      79% ft

Comment

• The Raptors could be sneaky good, sort of like the 76ers this year, IF some of these recent rumors materialize into something real.

Comment

• Tyreke Evans?

Can the raptors possibly target Evans? I would assume a similar package that has been proposed for Iguodala can be made (Demar, Calderon, Ed). Is Evans an intriguing prospect worth a Derozan? People used to compare his rookie numbers to the likes of lebron..
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Can the raptors possibly target Evans? I would assume a similar package that has been proposed for Iguodala can be made (Demar, Calderon, Ed). Is Evans an intriguing prospect worth a Derozan? People used to compare his rookie numbers to the likes of lebron..
                            No thank you....

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              No thank you....
                              But Why? He regressed in year two, but was really steady and showed flashes of brilliance in his 3rd year. And lets not over look his potential stamping performance as a rookie!!
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Nope. Let's also not forget how poorly he's performed since. Numbers don't tell everything. Evans isn't a win guy he's a stat guy. He'll put getting good stats above getting the team the win and that's why sacramento continued to fail while he put up those ridiculous rookie number and why we would too.

Comment

Working...
                                X