D'Antoni resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D'Antoni resigns

Adrian Wojnarowski: Mike D'Antoni has resigned as New York Knicks coach, a source tells Y! Sports. Twitter

Source: Hoophype

Wow, the media finally got to him. His style just didn't jive with the personnel. Where will he be next?

Since he's out of job we should try to get him as an assistant, as long as him and casey got along we would have a great coaching staff
    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
      Since he's out of job we should try to get him as an assistant, as long as him and casey got along we would have a great coaching staff
      I was thinking the same thing. Let's hire him as an assistant coach xD

Comment

I was also in that mindset. Would the two styles clash? lol When they look into each others eyes would they both explode?

Comment

Mike Woodson will be taking over as Head Coach according to NBA.com.

He'll have them winning in no time. He knows how to teach defense.

Look for Jeremy Lin to be put back on the bench though. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Mike Woodson will be taking over as Head Coach according to NBA.com.

Look for Jeremy Lin to be put back on the bench though. haha
            +1 Mike Woodson seems perfect for the job, because he's also a player's coach from what I've heard.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I don't think they'd mesh. Not for personality or anything like that but because of style.

D'Antoni is shoot 7 seconds or less.

Casey is slow down the offense to recover/rest/breathe from balls out on defense.

Comment

Mike Woodson? Really? Do people not remember his time in ATL? Good grief. He had constant issues with Josh Smith and that locker room was a mess the entire time he was there. He's going to control Melo and Company? Wow. Anyway, good to see the Knicks falling apart. Hate the KNicks.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                  By all means try but this guy is going to get interest for head coaching jobs...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    By all means try but this guy is going to get interest for head coaching jobs...
                    Thats all I'm saying, worth a shot.
                    Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I think a lot of GMs are looking at his time in NY: two years with a garbage/tanking roster; 1/2 season with a team that was actually playing pretty good only to be blown up for Melo (people forget how great he had Amar'e playing); and 1/2 season with a dysfunctional group led by a coach killer. I'd love to see Pringles in a place like Washington with John Wall. That might be fun to watch....

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        Yeah, I think a lot of GMs are looking at his time in NY: two years with a garbage/tanking roster; 1/2 season with a team that was actually playing pretty good only to be blown up for Melo (people forget how great he had Amar'e playing); and 1/2 season with a dysfunctional group led by a coach killer. I'd love to see Pringles in a place like Washington with John Wall. That might be fun to watch....
                        This is brilliant actually. I'd be curious to see what he could do with Wall.
                        They'd need to trade everyone else on the roster though. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          That is, if Melo and STAT are willing to learn.

Comment

melo has never played defense in his life. it isn't going to start now. i think mike took the high road here. he quit before the team could choose melo first. let it be known who the problem is. i hope they get a coach like mike brown who just swallows everything melo blows at him and the knicks suffer for years.

that trade just keeps getting worse and worse and worse for new york.

Comment

Knicks beat Portland by 40 in first game.

How long 'tll Nate is booted?

Comment

Working...
                              X