Breakout Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakout Player

If any player of the Toronto Raptors were to have a "Breakout" season this year, who will it be?
    Demar Derozan
    22.64%
    Andrea Bargniani
    15.09%
    Linas Kleiza
    13.21%
    Amir Johnson
    1.89%
    Landry Fields
    9.43%
    Jose Calderon
    0.00%
    John Lucas III
    0.00%
    Ed Davis
    11.32%
    Kyle Lowry
    22.64%
    Fifty Shades of Gray
    3.77%

Kleeeeiiiiiizzzzzzzzzzaaaaaaaa!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Agreed. There's so much potential in that cold blooded killer. He's just gotta stay healthy, and consistent!

Comment

I'd lean towards Kleiza if he were to see heavy minutes. But with Fields in the mix, I don't envision that happening.

It's a tough call, but I'm voting for DeRozan. It's a contract year, he doesn't have the pressure of being the primary focus on offense (like last year), he's beefed up considerably, and he now has legit competition in Ross to steal his minutes.

A lot of reasons for DeMar to step up his game this year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Lol I read that like:

I picked Demar. This is a make or break year for him I feel like.
          This is the year we find out if he's a legit starter, or a 6th man at best.

Comment

I think Lowry will break out and be put into the conversation as one of the top PGs in the game.

Comment

Most excited I've been in a while as there looks to be a number of players set to blossom and take their games to another level. Dre being healthy I think will be a force offensively and I look for his assist number to jump with better shooters around him, Demar for the reasons above (contract and Ross), Kleiza being healthy, Lowry with the change of scenory and Fields in a more ball movement system (not watching Melo from the elbow) will all improve.

My sleeper is going to be Ed Davis as no one is expecting anything from him. I'm looking for him to suprise some people and force Casey into playing him ahead of Amir/Gray. Wishful thinking but my money is on Ed to establish himself as a regular in the rotation of bigs.

Comment

Loving the support for Linas...he looks primed to make the biggest improvement, regardless of talent, on the roster. Also hoping Landry Fields can make a leap this year..

Comment

I think Fields has a lot to offer, and can score in the teens. Add in some decent rebounding and assist numbers - with great defence, and he could have a lot of people eating their keyboards for calling his contract ridiculous.

... and Kleiza I'd say Demar AND T.Ross can have a seat, and let the men Kleiza/Fields start, and take care of business.
                  The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

For the sake of the team's success, it had better be Derozan. This team badly needs perimeter offense, especially in key situations, and it ain't coming from guys like Fields and Kleiza.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                      I think Fields has a lot to offer, and can score in the teens. Add in some decent rebounding and assist numbers - with great defence, and he could have a lot of people eating their keyboards for calling his contract ridiculous.

... and Kleiza I'd say Demar AND T.Ross can have a seat, and let the men Kleiza/Fields start, and take care of business.
                      Never really thought of that.. but it would be pretty sweet if Kleiza can stay healthy/consistent

Comment

I think Amir Johnson will be a beast against bench players and will have 6th man of the year contender, Jose Calderon feeding him for easy points.

Comment

I voted Bargs... I don't know if I expect it, but I feel like he has to. I think Bargs is still the most talented player and most difficult for teams to play against. He still has the talent to take it up to a consistent 20-25 ppg scorer. If he plays defense like he did pre-injury last year, and if, somehow, sweet merciful gods be willing, he manages to rebound 7-8 per game at least, I can't see him missing the all-star game.
                          I don't know if Lowry's production will go up...hopefully his efficiency does at least, but with Jose around, his MPG probably won't go up. Also, as much as I love Lowry, I'm not sure he hast the talent to take it up another notch. I'd say he was a borderline all-star last year, and will be this year, but with the depth at his position, likely will not make it. I don't think he can up his scoring much, and I don't think he has quite the natural instincts of a PG that his assists will go up. He already does about as much as he can in other areas.
                          I don't know if Demar will have a breakout year, but I think he should have a better one. I think for the rooks it'll be tough. They'll spend at least about 20-30 games adapting, and then you hope they don't hit the wall. JV's a big, so I just hope he earns a starting spot at some point...that would be great for a rookie C. For Ross it'll be tough. If Kleiza and Fields have good years, I can see them finishing games over Demar and Ross sometimes, or a lot of times. I think Fields' could have a "breakout" year, but given he clearly doesn't have the talent of a star, it would more be about cementing a role as a versatile glue-guy, thus slightly improving on his rookie season. I can see him scoring 10-13 a game, hauling in 6-8 boards, a couple of assists and solid D.

Comment

I picked Ed Davis because he pretty much has to break out if he wants to have a job next season. Next season is a Team Option so if he doesn't show us something this year, he might find himself playing in Europe next year.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                              I picked Ed Davis because he pretty much has to break out if he wants to have a job next season. Next season is a Team Option so if he doesn't show us something this year, he might find himself playing in Europe next year.
                              Team Options on rookie deals for the next season need to be picked up by October 31st. I'd be surprised if ED's option is not picked up by the end of this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X