Nash Watch: L.A. bound (#1009)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Hopefully nothing too ridiculously ugly...
    I can see Colangelo throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming, with tears rolling down his face.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I can see Colangelo throwing a tantrum, kicking and screaming, with tears rolling down his face.
      Then boxing up his personal belongings... whether his fault or not, all this buildup the past month or so is going to lead to an enormous let down feeling, which it will be hard to recover from. I only hope he does have a backup plan in his back pocket (which hopefully starts with rescinding the Fields offer).

Comment

• To me, picking NY over TO should also include quitting as GM for Basketball Canada. He has a professional commitment to advance the game in Canada, and this would do the exact opposite, so he's got to go. Love the guy, but if this is his decision, I don't want him in Canada's national program.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I was thinking more on the lines of thinking an even larger contract at Nash, but I can see BC doing that right now

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            Then boxing up his personal belongings... whether his fault or not, all this buildup the past month or so is going to lead to an enormous let down feeling, which it will be hard to recover from. I only hope he does have a backup plan in his back pocket (which hopefully starts with rescinding the Fields offer).
            Haha. That would be the ultimate, "No, we really didn't want you..." to Fields. Don't know if that would look good, considering it would already look bad if we don't get Nash.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
              To me, picking NY over TO should also include quitting as GM for Basketball Canada. He has a professional commitment to advance the game in Canada, and this would do the exact opposite, so he's got to go. Love the guy, but if this is his decision, I don't want him in Canada's national program.
              Then, doesn't this mean the firing of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada not the quitting of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada?

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                Then, doesn't this mean the firing of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada not the quitting of Nash as the GM for Basketball Canada?
                I'd hope he'd have the class to step down.

Comment

• Imperial wrote: View Post
                  Wow. If the Knicks deal goes as planned, what a sad, sad day to be the Toronto Raptors.
                  Being a Raptors fan is my penance for all the crappy stuff I've done in this life.... and previous ones. But this Nash thing. Usually I just laugh at the ineptitude of the Raps various management teams and the general crappiness of the franchise.... but this Nash thing... it's really pathetic. I ain't laughing about this. For the first time ever, I actually feel sorry for the players and coaches. They can spin it however they like but this is a major (and very public) repudiation of this franchise and a humiliation for ownership. This one stings.

Comment

Haha. That would be the ultimate, "No, we really didn't want you..." to Fields. Don't know if that would look good, considering it would already look bad if we don't get Nash.
                    The offer could very well be contingent on Nash signing. Technically there's no offer yet, just a commitment.

Comment

Plus, can you imagine the outrage if he renegs on the offer sheet, the Knicks keep Fields, and then Fields goes on to have a great season alongside Nash? At this point, reneging on the offer sheet would be helping the Knicks out, and I'd rather see the Raptors make the Knicks need to completely rebuild their depth from the ground up.

Comment

• Yeah, it was just verbal
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                          Plus, can you imagine the outrage if he renegs on the offer sheet, the Knicks keep Fields, and then Fields goes on to have a great season alongside Nash? At this point, reneging on the offer sheet would be helping the Knicks out, and I'd rather see the Raptors make the Knicks need to completely rebuild their depth from the ground up.
                          I wouldn't. I don't care if the Knicks win the championship. I'd rather have Fields' contract off our books.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            The offer could very well be contingent on Nash signing. Technically there's no offer yet, just a commitment.
                            Don't really know if it could be contingent, given that it was made to improve their chances of getting Nash. If it were contingent then the Knicks could basically have ignored it and looked for sign+trade options, unless I'm misunderstanding?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              I'd hope he'd have the class to step down.
                              Wouldn't that give Raptors fans more incentive to boo him during Raptors games with the Knicks?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                Yeah, it was just verbal
                                All QO's are verbal at this stage. But it will still look bad for future players (and their agents). The Raps may not be trustworthy.

That being said, we still need to rescind Fields' offer...

Comment

Working...
                                X