• Show
Clear All

• Sick wallpaper!

Comment

• good job bro!

Comment

• Thank you guys, appreciate it!

Btw, interesting find, L.Scola on JV after the game:

"Valančiūnas turi labai daug potencialo. Šiandien jis žaidė neblogai. Tiesa, lietuvis dėl rezultato nelabai turėjo galimybių parodyti viską, ką gali"

Let me translate it:

"JV has a lot of potential. Today he played well enough. However, because of the result Lithuanian was unable to show all what he is capable of"
        Source:
        http://www.krepsinis.net/londonas-20...omandos/206338
        Last edited by RandomGuy; Mon Jul 30, 2012, 03:11 PM.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• News flash: Lithuania wins gold! .....in the breast stroke. I'm not being facetious, it's a bit of a surprise.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/wat...aststroke.html
          Last edited by stretch; Mon Jul 30, 2012, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post
            News flash: Lithuania wins gold! .....in the breast stroke. I'm not being facetious, it's a bit of a surprise.

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/videos/wat...aststroke.html
            15 years old, remarkable

Comment

• That girl is a straight up beast. She was near the world record pace in one of her heats at 15.

Comment

• REMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH

Lietuva is gonna dominate this time against Nigeria
                TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Jonas Valanciunas stats vs Nigeria
                  4 reb
                  1 blk
                  1 to
                  3 pf
                  2 pts

Rather underwhelming

Comment

• I found his stats here: http://www.london2012.com/basketball...a04/index.html

2 Points 2/4
                    3 Points 0/0
                    Free Throws 0/0
                    Assists 0
                    Offensive Rebounds 1
                    Defensive Rebounds 2
                    Blocked shots 1
                    Steals 0
                    Turnover 1
                    Personal Fouls 3
                    Fouls drawn 1

Still underwhelming.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                      Jonas Valanciunas stats vs Nigeria
                      4 reb
                      1 blk
                      1 to
                      3 pf
                      2 pts

Rather underwhelming
                      http://www.london2012.com/basketball...a04/index.html

i didn't like how LT coach would put JV on the bench everytime he got a foul - i mean he is letting JV play about 15 mins just anyway - so who cares if he fouls out? however, i must admit that Kavaliauskas looked quite solid (he didn't play vs Argentina) - so now JV has a rival for main C spot in this team.

Comment

• Katman wrote: View Post
                        Jonas Valanciunas stats vs Nigeria
                        4 reb
                        1 blk
                        1 to
                        3 pf
                        2 pts

Rather underwhelming
                        It was alright.

There are three players who are playing C in Lithuanian squad: JV, Songaila and Kavaliauskas. JV is too weak, Songaila is too slow. Today we saw Kavaliauskas (who is still very underrated player) defend and play very well against strong and athletic Nigerians. Kavaliauskas & Songaila today fit much better than JV.

Comment

• If his play continues along this track, (and let's face it, it's been awful) how devastated will everyone be?

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting him to score a lot, but I was sure he was at least going to go out, rebound and be that high-energy guy. I haven't been seeing that yet. I might be judging too early, but the Olympic games will be finished before he knows it, and the last thing I want is for him to have a confidence setback before he joins the Raptors in for training camp.

All I want from young Jonas during the Olympics is one break-out game. Just one where he can show the world what he's capable of.
                          Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• Valanciunas Benched Because Of Foul Trouble, Defensive Effort Against Argentina

Here's from Jeff Blair at the Globe and Mail via Realgm.com:

Jonas Valanciunas played just 14 minutes in Lithuania’s 102-79 preliminary round loss to Argentina on Monday.

“I didn’t play well,” said Valanciunas, who was benched for committing three early fouls and failing to contain Luis Scola. “I played not my best game, and our coach is coaching to win, not give me [playing] time.”

Scola scored a game-high 32 points for Argentina.

“We failed defensively,” Lithuanian coach Kestutis Kemzura said without pointing the finger directly at Valanciunas. “We did not do a good job of communicating.”

Scola cautioned against reading anything at all into Valanciunas’ first game at the London Olympics.

“He has a lot of potential,” said Scola. “I don’t think you can look at this game and say it was a good test for him, or that you can judge him on this one game. They didn’t play well. We did.”
                            Poor guy. Even Scola took it easy on him, well, at least after he dominated him and the rest of the LT's team. Keep your chin up Jonas!
                            Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

• People forget but Scola is one of the best bigs at international ball. He dominates everyone.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                                People forget but Scola is one of the best bigs at international ball. He dominates everyone.
                                Jonas have no chances to defend Scola because of terrible team's defensive tactics when defending 2-on-2. The second Lithuania game vs Nigeria were much better defensively, but coach didn't let Jonas to play significant minutes (backup center played his best international game in his career). Now waiting tomorrows mach against France. They have more typical centers than Argentina's Scola who's more PF than C. Turiaf, Traore and Seraphin - all of them play physical game and mostly near the basket
                                Last edited by japetas; Wed Aug 1, 2012, 03:53 AM.
                                (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Working...
                                X