Hang on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang on!

There's panic in the streets. An earthquake has happened, taking millions of.... wait, WHAT? This just in, the Toronto Raptors' record is 3 and 10, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Puh-lease, really. None of us expected the championship, did we? We we're going to have problems, everyone does. And yeah, we're one of the worst teams in the league at this point. But it was going to happen. Really, we have 4-5 essential problems. Here they are:

1. Get a F$#%^*& POWER FORWARD! A REAL, BREATHING ONE TOO!
    2. Get a damned small forward
    3. Slow down there, kiddos, and play some D!
    4. Get a cold-blooded, clutch finisher.
    5. GET RID OF THE OLD CORE!

Let's focus on these problems. And answer them. I'm lookin' at the ones that are extremely important. To me, they are problems 3. and 5.. I'll answer them.

Here's the answer to 3:
    Slow down, and play halfcourt for goodness sakes! You're not going ANYWHERE if neither your offense or defense is elite. And we need at least one of them to be ELITE. And since we have all the tools to be a pain in the butt on D, LET'S PLAY D GUYS!!! Jeez, it's not rocket science. If at least our defense is somewhere like 10th, and our offense is middle of the pack, we'll be going somewhere. Look at the Denver Nuggets and the Chicago Bulls, they are opposites. The Nuggets are THE ELITE OFFENSE. And the Bulls are THE ELITE DEFENSE. Notice that they are also both easy contenders for the playoffs in their respective conferences. Notice that everyone hates to play against them. Notice it. Neither of them have the hang of it completely on the other side of the court, but being ELITE on one side looks like it equals PLE-AYOFFS!! (note: I did that on purpose). So realize that, we have the tools to be an ELITE DEFENSE, so please try harder on that side of the court, than on the offensive side.

Here's the answer to 5:
    Type in raptorshq.com in your URL bar. Look at the article titled, Raptors Give Game Away to Pistons; Time to Panic? (I tried to link it, didn't work for some reason) And look at the article. READ it. It means something to us, specifically guys who are panicking. It'll make you panic more! But it'll also make you realize something. It'll make you realize WE ARE GOING NOWHERE BY TRYING TO MIX THE OLD AND NEW CORES TOGETHER! I'm not saying trade them, or do whatever you can to get rid of 'em (except Bargs), I'm just saying, don't treat them as main pieces anymore. Here is the presumed old core: Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Amir Johnson, DeMar DeRozan.
    Obviously that ain't getting you shit. SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, move on. With the new core. The new core INCLUDES DeMar. Here it is: Kyle Lowry, Jonas Valanciunas, DeMar DeRozan, Terrence Ross, Ed Davis. PLAY THEM AND MOVE ON!! Isn't this what you wanted BC. For crying out loud! If that core develops well, with more upside than the old core, WE WILL GET SHIT! Once again, JC and Amir could be complimentary players. Just don't play them as if they ARE THE CORE.

You may discuss the other problems.

I agree, and i think that by the deadline the old core would be unrecognizable! (Bargnani and Calderon)
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

1. Paul Millsap (do I have to explain this?)
      2. Dorrell Wright (D, 3pt, reb)
      3. Return to '11-12 style
      4. I think that is Lowry but he has to slow down a bit and trust his teammates.
      5. Abso-f*%$in-lutely - #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans.

Comment

honestly, Im scared of any defender name 'Wright'.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          honestly, Im scared of any defender name 'Wright'.
          lol

True.

'Wright' has not been kind to the Raptors.

Comment

Also I would rather Chandler Parsons than Dorrell!

Dorell is really struggling right now anyways

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              1. Paul Millsap (do I have to explain this?)
              2. Dorrell Wright (D, 3pt, reb)
              3. Return to '11-12 style
              4. I think that is Lowry but he has to slow down a bit and trust his teammates.
              5. Abso-f*%$in-lutely - #tradeBargnani #freeRaptorfans.
              Matt you gotta go easy with the Paul Millsap as it's not gonna happen so let it go... Even if they got Millsap he doesn't take care of the glaring hole at the 3 spot or help with our lack of shooters. I agree improving in all areas but your cry is in our second strongest position (PG should be despite recent play).

Comment

I don't think Parsons is getting traded any time soon after last nights game
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Millsap can shoot!
                  and is a leader.

without bargnani our PF position needs to improve

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    I don't think Parsons is getting traded any time soon after last nights game
                    Not even for a proven commodity in Bargs?

Comment

RAPresenting wrote: View Post
                      Matt you gotta go easy with the Paul Millsap as it's not gonna happen so let it go... Even if they got Millsap he doesn't take care of the glaring hole at the 3 spot or help with our lack of shooters. I agree improving in all areas but your cry is in our second strongest position (PG should be despite recent play).
                      If Bargnani's salary is ditched, Millsap becomes a possibility.

I would hope one of ED/Amir is dealt as well.

The Raptors might have 4 PF's on the roster but none of them are an above average NBA starting PF.

The Raptors are not good enough to be picking and choosing where the improvement comes from.

Comment

I want Amir dealt over Ed. (I think BC wants it to, say they arent playing Ed at all, so no one asks for him as part of a trade)

Comment

Number 1 is the biggest issue they need to address. They need a PF that plays like a PF. This team right now doesn't have any inside presence.

Jefferson and Millsap are UFA after this season; Pau Gasol i believe is on the block.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Bargnani and Jose to Gasol, they get some money for upcoming offseason to extend Dwight by not extending Jose
                            (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

I think the 3 spot is solid. We still don't know how good Landry Fields is and both him and Double A battery are out. We're stuck with No Offence Dom and Inconsistent Serial Killer Kleiza. Landry and AA balance out the lineup, they bring it on both ends which is why the offence and defense seems smoother with them on the floor. I think the reason we're losing so many close games is because we don't have these two guys to balance out the starting lineup. I'm not saying they are the main reason, because the main reason is our execution and inconsistent D. But it would really help to have them back

Comment

Working...
                              X