No announcement yet.

Repercussion of Kobe injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So if they amnesty Kobe could they stop other teams from buying his rights? The way I understand the amnesty provision if he is amnestied teams can bid or his player rights. For a team like Charlotte with low future prospects owning the rights to Kobe, even if he sits out a year, may be too grand a carrot not to reach for.

Back to your theory-- Do you guys remember the Spurs the season they drafted Duncan? THAT was a sham! Every player on that team was "injured." After the Admiral got hurt dudes went down like flies. The top scorer on that team was a well past it Dominique Wilkins who came back for a season after his stint owning a lot less competitive than it is now Euroleague. And the only reason he was playing was so that there was a player who people had heard of. The next season, surprisingly all the starters were healthy again, they had Duncan and I believe they won that first title.

SO if Nash, Gasol, and Howard get hurt during the playoffs, beginning of next season I will not be surprised where Wiggins lands.

Comment

knickz wrote: View Post
      miami is winning the championship this year and next so it makes perfect sense for kobe to sit out and hand the lakers wiggins. btw, d12 is gone to dallas
      I think D12 would go to ATL over Dallas.

Comment

i've been somewhat speechless since i heard about the injury

i fucking hate kobe

but he's in the same boat as MJ... i hate him because of his greatness, since he's not on my team

it'll be a sad sad day when basketball doesnt have kobe anymore... nobody left to hate because they're great... just a bunch of douches to hate because they're douches

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          So if they amnesty Kobe could they stop other teams from buying his rights? The way I understand the amnesty provision if he is amnestied teams can bid or his player rights. For a team like Charlotte with low future prospects owning the rights to Kobe, even if he sits out a year, may be too grand a carrot not to reach for.

Back to your theory-- Do you guys remember the Spurs the season they drafted Duncan? THAT was a sham! Every player on that team was "injured." After the Admiral got hurt dudes went down like flies. The top scorer on that team was a well past it Dominique Wilkins who came back for a season after his stint owning a lot less competitive than it is now Euroleague. And the only reason he was playing was so that there was a player who people had heard of. The next season, surprisingly all the starters were healthy again, they had Duncan and I believe they won that first title.

SO if Nash, Gasol, and Howard get hurt during the playoffs, beginning of next season I will not be surprised where Wiggins lands.
          Should the Lakers amnesty Kobe and Charlotte wins the bid for him, they do own his rights.

But having the 'rights' to a veteran player means very little.... especially one who is of Kobe's success, wealth and age.

Comment

Whats the difference between a Rupture and a Torn Achilles?

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
              Whats the difference between a Rupture and a Torn Achilles?
              According to Doctor Speak, (WebMD) the tendon either Tears partially, or Ruptures completely.

Which is interesting, because in the coverage of Kobe's injury, the media was indicating that the Rupture was the better of the two outcomes.

Either way ...

And this is just amazing:

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                I think D12 would go to ATL over Dallas.
                Here's a scenario I've been mulling over in my mind: Howard announces that he wants to be moved. LA amnesties Kobe. This brings them close enough to the tax apron that they can now execute a sign-and-trade, sending Howard to Atlanta for Josh Smith, giving Smith something at least close to the max contract he wants. Lakers go with Nash/Artest/Smith/Gasol as key players this year, doing what they can to fill the SG gap this year, look for trades for Gasol and Artest when they can. (If Minnesota actually wants Gasol as has been rumoured on and off for a while, perhaps they could target Pekovic.) In 2014 they sign Kobe as a free agent, then they've got Nash, Bryant and Smith as their key pieces plus a first round (potentially lottery) pick, everyone else expiring (except for whatever they trade Gasol and Artest for), and enough cap room to fill out the roster.

I think they'd do better to keep Howard rather than trading for Smith, but if Howard wants out, that's one scenario where LA could get decent value back.

Comment

Working...
                X