No announcement yet.

Who's Better Between these Two Players?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Better Between these Two Players?

Code:
    Player	Usg	TS%	Ast%	TO%	Win%	WARP
     A       .238	.510	.078	.129	.527	7.0
     B       .267	.496	.098	.173	.525	6.9
    Take a guess at who Players A and B are.
    Player A
    50.00%
    Player B
    50.00%

Player A ?

Comment

Player A is Brandon Jennings
      Player B is Jrue Holiday.

Comment

I don't care what these very selective stats tell you, there is no way Jennings is a better player than Holiday in any way.

Holiday is a vastly superior defensive player. Definitely among the better defensive PGs in the league. Jennings, on the other hand, is a pretty bad defensive player.

Then there's usage, not just in terms of %s, but in terms of situations. Holiday seriously lacked talent around him last year, in a bad way. His poor shooting performances are often due to being forced to take the bulk of the shots as the only decent scoring option. Holiday's dip in efficiency stats is due to the combination of the talent around him getting worse while his role got bigger. Jennings, on the other hand, for whom those things were used as an excuse earlier in his career, had more talent in Milwaukee than in his earlier years, and was playing the same role he always has, and still showed no growth in his game whatsoever.

Holiday came into the league as a much more raw player in terms of offense. He was basically drafted for his D and character, and had rewarded Philly, and now will reward New Orleans, by having become a good, if not great, offensive player. Jennings has not added a single thing to his game. He has not gotten better at his strengths, and he hasn't worked on his weaknesses. I don't see Jennings really turning into anything more than he already is, which is a volume scorer with poor decision making. At this point, I would say Holiday is well on his way to becoming the better NBA floor general.

I'd take Holiday over Jennings 10 times out of 10, and I have thought that since draft night. Even though I assumed like most that the Raps would draft a wing, but if say, DeMar was gone at 9 (a real possibility), then it would have probably been a PG given the strong crop. I hoped Curry would fall, and then Holiday was next on my list, especially since we had Jose. Figured draft the big, athletic, defensive PG, and see if he can learn behind Jose for a couple of years. Never liked Jennings. Both his game and personality seemed to have failed to mature. And you know he would have cried about it if he had to come into the league as a backup.

Comment

@white man can't jump: "I'd take Holiday over Jennings 10 times out of 10"

Agree.

Comment

When I saw the AS% I thought you were talking about bigs.. those are pretty low assist percentages for PG's. Do you have that stat right? 7.8% and 9.8% are awful for PG's.

Comment

I did not say that Brandon Jennings is better than Holiday. I'd rather have Jrue.

But it's quite clear that either Jrue is overrated or Jennings is underrated (it's likely a combination of both, with the former being more of a contributing factor). The point of posting this was to show that they are actually comparable statistically.

@planetmars

Yes those AST%s are wrong (I pulled those stats from an ESPN Insider article).

Jennings: 29.1%
              Jrue: 36.5%

Comment

Who's the better teammate?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  Sarcasm I hope..
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    When I saw the AS% I thought you were talking about bigs.. those are pretty low assist percentages for PG's. Do you have that stat right? 7.8% and 9.8% are awful for PG's.
                    Jennings asst% 29.1
                    Holiday asst% 36.5

Comment

Uhhh.... Xixak I thought it you should said that you should compare players purely on stats because there are other things they bring to the table that can't be shown on stats...

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        Much rather have Jrue!

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          Uhhh.... Xixak I thought it you should said that you should compare players purely on stats because there are other things they bring to the table that can't be shown on stats...
                          Obviously we should compare players based on other things besides stats (I think that's what you're trying to say?)

But it's interesting to see how similar these two are statistically. And additionally Jennings' team actually was quite a bit better than Jrue's with only a marginally better supporting cast.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
                            Obviously we should compare players based on other things besides stats (I think that's what you're trying to say?)

But it's interesting to see how similar these two are statistically. And additionally Jennings' team actually was quite a bit better than Jrue's with only a marginally better supporting cast.
                            And yet you haven't provided anything besides stats in this whole thread that supports the fact that Jrue is overrated and Jennings is underrated.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              And yet you haven't provided anything besides stats in this whole thread that supports the fact that Jrue is overrated and Jennings is underrated.
                              Ok nvm Jrue is a superstar and BJ Is a scrub.

Comment

Working...
                              X