Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Colangelo's third year option be picked up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig wrote: View Post
    And the tables turn once again...

In a mere span of 2 weeks many of you have gone from attempting assassination on Colangelo and Bargnani, to considering keeping them.

Can we not make such rash proclamations all the time or is this mandatory Raptor fan behaviour? Do people even have opinions or do you just like to complain?
    a lot has changed in 2 weeks... with the moves made would u seriously think its a good idea to get rid of BC now???? so much has changed much more could change so changing opinions is quite natural I think.. gimme a break.

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      a lot has changed in 2 weeks... with the moves made would u seriously think its a good idea to get rid of BC now???? so much has changed much more could change so changing opinions is quite natural I think.. gimme a break.
      I haven't even given my opinion on this yet. I'm just taking a shot at the general fanbase as it's pretty ludicrous that these mood swings happen at least 48 times a year. On the same topic...

Comment

In a mere span of 2 weeks many of you have gone from attempting assassination on Colangelo and Bargnani, to considering keeping them.

Can we not make such rash proclamations all the time or is this mandatory Raptor fan behaviour? Do people even have opinions or do you just like to complain?
        I haven't even given my opinion on this yet. I'm just taking a shot at the general fanbase as it's pretty ludicrous that these mood swings happen at least 48 times a year. On the same topic...
        Well I think you should call out those whom you feel to be flip-flopping, as I don't believe you can really take a shot at the 'general fanbase' because it is such a broad, diverse cross-section of people and opinions. And yes, there are real opinions amongst posters here.

Anyone who has been on this forum for any amount of times knows that there are PLENTY of real opinions, and PLENTY of people willing to back them up.

Comment

Doesn't matter. MLSE fired Burke, fired the TFC guy and let BC trade for a $19 million player. Pretty sure BC is staying.

Comment

Since I started the thread, I'll assume it is a shot against me.

The point of the forums is discussion, no? I think this is a relevant topic of discussion.

I think your opinion would be valid if people - myself included - were looking to give him a 5 year extension. But the topic of conversation is his third year option. Why not see where this goes? If things go well, great. If things go bad, the team is set for a proper rebuild with someone new in charge.

Colangelo spent 2 years talking about financial flexibility and making big trades only to give away all his financial flexibility and then make a big trade. It has taken him 5 years to start to add serious talent to the roster but he is doing it.

As circumstances change, opinions can and often do change. I don't see a problem with that especially when the ongoing 'building' is starting to finally show signs of progress.

Comment

Yes wholeeartedly I never wanted him fired in the first place. I dont think people understand how difficult it is to bring talent to a struggling franchise, and for what it is he has done a good job yes he has some slip ups I cant defend but He does do right by the organization and need I say more about the Gay trade saving his job? no not really.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Well I think you should call out those whom you feel to be flip-flopping, as I don't believe you can really take a shot at the 'general fanbase' because it is such a broad, diverse cross-section of people and opinions. And yes, there are real opinions amongst posters here.

Anyone who has been on this forum for any amount of times knows that there are PLENTY of real opinions, and PLENTY of people willing to back them up.
                Oh no doubt. By "general fanbase" I meant the vocal ones. Or as I see it, people that don't know what the f*ck they're talking about and just love to talk nonsense and complain 24/7. Heck, it might even be the "vocal minority, silent majority" thing.

I don't have to call anyone out, just simply take look at the comment section of the articles and right here at the forums.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                  Yes wholeeartedly I never wanted him fired in the first place. I dont think people understand how difficult it is to bring talent to a struggling franchise, and for what it is he has done a good job yes he has some slip ups I cant defend but He does do right by the organization and need I say more about the Gay trade saving his job? no not really.
                  Colangelo's winning percentage as GM is about the same as previous 6 years. Terrible. He has no playoff series wins and they will miss the playoffs for five years running. 1 season over 500 in 7 years. Not a single all star drafted, traded for or signed by BC. The Gay trade is 4 games in. It is ludicrous to judge that trade today, let alone call it a game changer.

He should have been fired 3 years ago. Alas, it is not to be.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    As circumstances change, opinions can and often do change. I don't see a problem with that especially when the ongoing 'building' is starting to finally show signs of progress.
                    I think this point is the golden ticket. Its exactly this, and I would completely understand if BC doubters had a change of heart, if even slight, because of the recent move and potential future moves.

Comment

Oh no doubt. By "general fanbase" I meant the vocal ones. Or as I see it, people that don't know what the f*ck they're talking about and just love to talk nonsense and complain 24/7. Heck, it might even be the "vocal minority, silent majority" thing.

I don't have to call anyone out, just simply take look at the comment section of the articles and right here at the forums.
                      I agree with matt that this is a valid discussion piece and people seem to be stating their opinions on the matter.. no offense but u seem to be the only one on this thread talking nonsense and complaining.. ironic.

Comment

Well, you seem to be on these forums quite a bit. You also seem to be disrespecting people without calling anyone specific out, and also not offering any position on the actual topic being discussed.....So, from now on, I guess I will just assume that you're talking about yourself and that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.

Comment

The point of the forums is discussion, no? I think this is a relevant topic of discussion.
                          Of course it is. But I think I know why you decided to make it now - to test the waters and see how people feel now after a big win where people are sure to have lightened up on Bargnani and Colangelo. You're expecting opinions to change, as did I.

I think your opinion would be valid if people - myself included - were looking to give him a 5 year extension. But the topic of conversation is his third year option.
                          I fail to see how what I said is not valid? It's not an opinion, it's fact, happens all the time.

What difference does the length of his extension make? The fact of the matter is that you people that were calling for his head literally 10 days ago(!); still want him here. Okay...... that's great. I'm not disagreeing with anything, but was the Rudy Gay deal all it took to win some of you over? To make you forget of all the fucking mind-blowingly stupid things that have happened in the not-at-all distant past? Is your twitter campaign still running? Or is it on a hiatus? I see that you've voted in favor of an extension.

Why not see where this goes? If things go well, great. If things go bad, the team is set for a proper rebuild with someone new in charge.
                          Why not see where this goes? Isn't that exactly what was said back when Chris Bosh left? Or when we traded for O'Neal? (which was awful btw) Or when we played 2 full seasons with lineups starring overrated volume shooters, 3rd stringers, and D-leaguers? Where we also won about 10 meaningless games that f*cked us over in the draft?

Why not have someone new in charge right now? What, only Colangelo knows a good route to go from here?

Colangelo spent 2 years talking about financial flexibility and making big trades only to give away all his financial flexibility and then make a big trade. It has taken him 5 years to start to add serious talent to the roster but he is doing it.
                          Nice job BC. I'm guessing those four years were just test runs and not actual attempts at doing your ridiculously over-payed job.

Yes, opinions do change. But many are going to opposite sides of the spectrum based off of 2 games, which is astonishing to me. Same thing goes for opinions on Rudy Gay.

---

I hope you don't take what I said the wrong way, it wasn't attacks on you, just clearing things up a little

Comment

It seems that I have made some people a little upset... sorry

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              I agree with matt that this is a valid discussion piece and people seem to be stating their opinions on the matter.. no offense but u seem to be the only one on this thread talking nonsense and complaining.. ironic.
                              What did I type that would indicate me talking nonsense? Is it not true?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Well, you seem to be on these forums quite a bit. You also seem to be disrespecting people without calling anyone specific out, and also not offering any position on the actual topic being discussed.....So, from now on, I guess I will just assume that you're talking about yourself and that you don't know what the f*ck you're talking about.
                                My stance on the topic has always been the same. Which is to not judge things based off of a small sample and make drastic conclusions.

Not a fan of pointing people out in particular as it leads to writing essays which I'm also not a fan of. I once failed English class..

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have said "don't know what the f*ck they're talking about"...

m'bad guys
                                Last edited by Sig; Sat Feb 9, 2013, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X