No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any word on when he should be back in uniform?

Comment

• RAPresenting wrote: View Post
      Any word on when he should be back in uniform?
      Casey said a week and a half JV probably back a little sooner.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Casey said a week and a half JV probably back a little sooner.
        I heard a week and a half about a week ago. I could see him playing against Boston, maybe Sunday.
        Last edited by tucas; Thu Jan 31, 2013, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Casey just said expect Bargs to be available by Wed against boston could be in for Miami tomorrow though hes been feling a lot better.

Comment

• I've been thinking about Bargnani lately .. wondering how this whole thing will play out.
            And while I'm not against trading him, I've thought to myself that a motivated, enthusiastic (its possible y'know :P) Bargnani, who knows his role as the 4th option now behind Lowry, Gay and Dero, could be a HUGE lift to this team. His spacing could provide precious driving lanes for Demar and Gay that just haven't been there with him gone.

I don't know, obviously #TradeBargnani is in full swing .. but with Gay now on the team, it changes his role dramatically, and could relieve ALOT of pressure he may feel; real or imagined.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I've been thinking about Bargnani lately .. wondering how this whole thing will play out.
              And while I'm not against trading him, I've thought to myself that a motivated, enthusiastic (its possible y'know :P) Bargnani, who knows his role as the 4th option now behind Lowry, Gay and Dero, could be a HUGE lift to this team. His spacing could provide precious driving lanes for Demar and Gay that just haven't been there with him gone.

I don't know, obviously #TradeBargnani is in full swing .. but with Gay now on the team, it changes his role dramatically, and could relieve ALOT of pressure he may feel; real or imagined.
              +1. Your train of thought is mine exactly. If he buys in, plays 20-22 minutes with Gay, Derozan, Lowry on the floor, offense could really change for this team. Defensively will still, and always be a question for him on the floor.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I agree there MAY be a way for Bargs to work in this new system. But he'll do more damage than good. Scoring has never been an issue for our team. Winning is the issue. I no longer see a future for him hear anymore. He's not Dirk & he's not going to start ANYWHERE else in the league. His comments about his teammates...his style of play.....lack of D.... it's time to part ways. He's not clutch...this is the first season he's been driving to the hoop (Since 2006) and he ended up hurting his little elbow.

I say hang him. Hang him HIGH. Tar & feather him. Hang him in the town square and let crows pick at his dead body.

Comment

• RepRaptorsintheUSA wrote: View Post
                  I agree there MAY be a way for Bargs to work in this new system. But he'll do more damage than good. Scoring has never been an issue for our team. Winning is the issue. I no longer see a future for him hear anymore. He's not Dirk & he's not going to start ANYWHERE else in the league. His comments about his teammates...his style of play.....lack of D.... it's time to part ways. He's not clutch...this is the first season he's been driving to the hoop (Since 2006) and he ended up hurting his little elbow.

I say hang him. Hang him HIGH. Tar & feather him. Hang him in the town square and let crows pick at his dead body.
                  I wouldn't go that far now...

Despite the way he has played before the injury, and all the rumours, he is worth some sort of value near to a pick. Too talented a player to just let walk/amnesty. Although, if nothing is working, and no deals are coming into our favour, amnestying him and gaining near 10$ million in cap relief should be good with our big contracts next season (Gay, Derozan, Lowry extension).

Plus, Kleiza can still be dealt along with a guy like Anderson.
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't go that far now...

Despite the way he has played before the injury, and all the rumours, he is worth some sort of value near to a pick. Too talented a player to just let walk/amnesty. Although, if nothing is working, and no deals are coming into our favour, amnestying him and gaining near 10$ million in cap relief should be good with our big contracts next season (Gay, Derozan, Lowry extension).

Plus, Kleiza can still be dealt along with a guy like Anderson.
                    There is no cap relief. $10M off the books still keeps them over the salary cap.

Comment

• Bargnani has no place on this team, now or in the future. There is no room for experimentation.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Bargnani has no place on this team, now or in the future. There is no room for experimentation.
                        Disagree. I think a Big-Rotation of Barg, JV and Amir, with Gray and Rudy playing spot minutes at the 4 & 5 respectively, could be pretty good.
                        With guys like Demar and Rudy on the wing, we NEED someone who can space the floor better than Amir can.

While its awesome having Amirs hustle downlow, once JV comes back healthy, having both of them loaf around the paint will end up cramming the same lanes that were jammed in Memphis for Rudy.
                        Meanwhile, with Bargs knowing his role, and shutting mouth, this could be exactly the role he is made for. A floor spacing 4th option big, that can keep the defense honest.

#TradeBargnani if we must, but he'll have to play for the Raps a bit before we trade him, so we'll have to see anyway how it works.

ADD Would just like to clarify, that this is obviously assuming Bargs comes in with an understanding that he is no longer the "Hell or High Water" Option he used to be for this team.
                        Last edited by Joey; Mon Feb 4, 2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• I'm not at all concerned about how Bargnani "spaces" or "stretches" the floor. I'm 100% concerned about his defense, rebounding, and help-rotations.

No matter what you do with Bargnani on the offensive side of the ball, he'll always be clueless on the other end....which is why there is no room for experimentation. Bargnani has proven time and time again, that he's a net negative player. All other variables are inconsequential.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Bargnani has proven time and time again, that he's a net negative player. All other variables are inconsequential.
                            This may true, but that was while dealing with the "pressure" (again, real or imagined) of carrying a team offensively.
                            Now that that load will be spread far thinner, while also removing him all together from the 'pressure' equation, I think it could make a HUGE difference on all aspects of his game.

Perhaps I'm being foolish, with a slight case of Stockholm Syndrome, but I see a an ever-so-small window to make this relationship work.

Comment

• I completely agree with Joey. He raises great points. Bargnanis bad defense should be remedied by Gay JV and Lowry, having Bargs on offense should open up so much space on the floor for Gay and DeRozan togo to work in all night.

#TradeBargnani no doubt but let me say this we have him for a little while longer lets see what happens he may even have better numbers without the notion in his head that hes "the guy" and has to take every shot that comes to him Bargnani is an offensive monster when relaxed.

Comment

• The raptors are weak on help defense. They either play 1v1 or Zone. When Bargnani comes back and players are required to rotate, that's when their defense breaks down.

Now I would be crapping my pants if Barg's was playing Centre, but if Barg's was on the court with JV, AG, or AJ at all times, he's more suited for the PF position.

What I'm saying is, rather than help defense supporting Barg's, Barg's is the help defense.

So you don't have a situation where it's Barg's vs. Dwight Howard for example, or Tyson Chandler, where he'd get schooled.

Comment

Working...
                                X