Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TRADE: Turkoglu For Barbosa and Jones (Update On Pg. 29)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't get me wrong here, I like all the movement that we're seeing and it seems like BC is trying to get some good players to put into our rotation, but aren't we running into a familiar problem of having to find minutes for all of our guys, in particular our young guys that we're striving to develop for the future?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      IF (yes, a BIG IF) Denver were to match the Raptors' offer for Kleiza, I would love to see BC flip Barbosa & TPE to New Orleans for Stojakovic & Collison. Stojakovic becomes the backup SF behind Diaw, is a $15M expiring contract and is one of the large contracts that NO wants gone as a price to grab Collison. Collison becomes the starting PG with Jack being a good fit running the second unit!

C: Chandler / Alabi (12th man)
      PF: Bargnani / Johnson / Davis
      SF: Diaw / Stojakovic
      SG: DeRozan / Weems / Belinelli (11th man)
      PG: Collison / Jack

Bench: Dorsey & Banks

Not only is the lineup solid, but it has a good young core and about $31M in expiring contracts (Chandler/Stojakovic/Banks) to use as trade assets at this season's trade deadline! Also, in this scenario, the Raptors would still have their MLE this season
      People really have to stop talking about Collison lol
      Untill there is a legit rumor going around, this talk of Collison is getting ridiculous

Comment

• JYFelony wrote: View Post
        Don't get me wrong here, I like all the movement that we're seeing and it seems like BC is trying to get some good players to put into our rotation, but aren't we running into a familiar problem of having to find minutes for all of our guys, in particular our young guys that we're striving to develop for the future?
        Agreed, but better that than "Holy Christ, how are we going to trade any of these horrible contracts???"

BC just cleared the decks, and got assets back with some real value, either in terms of short-term expiration or having a serviceable player under a serviceable contract. We'll worry about the other issues when they come up.

In terms of quality, last year we were looking at roughly:

Bosh
        Turk
        Bargnani
        Johnson
        Jack
        Calderon
        DeRozan
        Weems
        Rasho
        Belli
        Banks
        Evans
        Dorsey
        POB

And today:

Bargnani
        Johnson
        Jack
        Weems
        DeRozan
        Jack
        Chandler
        Barbosa
        Diaw
        Davis
        Belli
        Evans
        Banks
        Alabi
        Dorsey

Sure, no superstar, but that's a helluva deep team right there, with a lot of potentially tradeable assets, extra draft picks and a huge trade exception. Insane.

Comment

• INFO wrote: View Post
          People really have to stop talking about Collison lol
          Untill there is a legit rumor going around, this talk of Collison is getting ridiculous
          There my not be a specific Raptors rumor, but there have been rumors for months that NO is dangling Collison, in order to rid themselves of any/some/all of the Stojakovic/Okafor/Posey contracts. Most teams would be able to offer expring contracts, just slightly worse contracts or second-tier talent in return. Toronto offering the full TPE, along with perhaps a relatively good/cheap player like Jack/Barbosa and/or draft picks, is about the only team with a legit offer which could wind up bringing absolutely no salary back to NO in return. No Collison-to-Toronto rumor... yet... but I think there is enough "sense" to the idea to make it worth discussing.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
            He may be the best center outside the NBA but that doesn't mean he can come in and contribute right away. He was outside the NBA for a reason.

I'll be surprised if he turns out to be more than a serviceable center--keyword: serviceable.
            Splitter was not in the NBA because he was making more in Europe. I'm not saying he's going to come in right away and play 30 mpg, but between him, Duncan, McDyess and Blair, I think they have enough good big men.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• If we want to keep our TPE from bosh, Don't we have to throw in one more piece than just Evans as well because you can't combine phoenix's TPE with our players to send to charlotte?

My scenario:

Phx trades 9.8 mil TPE for Hedo (Toronto gets a 9.8 TPE as result)
              Toronto trades that 9.8 mil TPE for Diaw (Charlotte gets a 9 mil TPE as result)
              Charlotte trades that 9 mil TPE for Barbosa and dwayne jones

So after this series of trades, we're trying to get Chandler (12.8)+ Barbosa(7.1) from Charlotte without using Bosh's TPE. To do that, we need to send to them at least 15.92 mil in salary (125% of 15.92 = 19.9). Calderon + Evans = 9 mil + 5.1 = 14.1 mil only. To reach 15.92, we need to send either Belinelli or Banks as well to make it work

BTW, the numbers are courtesy of Hoopshype

Comment

• yessssssss the pizza pizza spokesperson is out Chandler is the main player i think hes a great player for us with his defense and athleticism
                ya dun noe

Comment

• f91ultra wrote: View Post
                  If we want to keep our TPE from bosh, Don't we have to throw in one more piece than just Evans as well because you can't combine phoenix's TPE with our players to send to charlotte?

My scenario:

So after this series of trades, we're trying to get Chandler (12.8)+ Barbosa(7.1) from Charlotte without using Bosh's TPE. To do that, we need to send to them at least 15.92 mil in salary (125% of 15.92 = 19.9). Calderon + Evans = 9 mil + 5.1 = 14.1 mil only. To reach 15.92, we need to send either Belinelli or Banks as well to make it work

Just thought of another option: Are there anyone we can sign out of retirement to throw into a trade as well? we could do that to avoid including Marco or Banks i believe.

Comment

• Guys,

I hate being a nag but we need to stop making multiple threads for this one trade. All your answers can or will be found here.

Thanks,

Apollo

Comment

• haha Apollo having a little trouble with all the baby bloggers?

I'm surprised these past two weeks didn't crash the internet.

Comment

If we want to keep our TPE from bosh, Don't we have to throw in one more piece than just Evans as well because you can't combine phoenix's TPE with our players to send to charlotte?

My scenario:

It apparently works under the CBA. The numbers don't have to exactly match, as long as they are within 125% plus or minus $100,000.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5612180
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

My scenario:

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          It apparently works under the CBA. The numbers don't have to exactly match, as long as they are within 125% plus or minus $100,000.

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade...radeid=5612180
                          The 125% rule only applies to player salaries though and NOT TPE. When using TPE you can only go over it by 100k. and how does it work from charlotte's perspective in that checker? they're sending out 21.8 mil in salary and getting back 15.1 as it stands right now (which doesn't fit the 125% rule). This is made more complicated when you can't combine TPE's with players in a straight up 1 deal 3 team trades. When using TPE you must use it individually by itself (see my scenario)

Comment

The 125% rule only applies to player salaries though and NOT TPE. When using TPE you can only go over it by 100k. and how does it work from charlotte's perspective in that checker? they're sending out 21.8 mil in salary and getting back 15.1 as it stands right now (which doesn't fit the 125% rule). This is made more complicated when you can't combine TPE's with players in a straight up 1 deal 3 team trades. When using TPE you must use it individually by itself (see my scenario)
                            My point is that the TPE doesn't need to be used, so as has been already discussed, it won't be.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                              My point is that the TPE doesn't need to be used, so as has been already discussed, it won't be.

EDIT: nvm someone else in the front page thread pointe dout how it could work
                              Last edited by f91ultra; Mon Jul 12, 2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• I think it would be funny if fans met in the streets when the deal is announced and burn Hedo's jersey...(Oh wait no one has any of those)

OK so we order a pizza and chant Ball for fun!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X