10 Day Contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Day Contract

For the last remaining few games, should we sign a 10-day contract players to take away Salmons, Fields, Bycks, Stone's minutes and possibly see some glimpse of a production of a player.

1) Daniel Orton - He was with the 76ers. I say give him a chance to backup Val for some games so we can rest either Val or Hansborough when playoff comes around. Orton is a good 3rd C on a playoff team, he rebounds, block shots, and passes pretty well.

2) Chris Wilcox - He was with the Celtics and with 2Pat not in the rotation lineups until playoff, I say give him a chance to backup Amir's minutes so we can rest Amir and not have him injured

3) Ike Diogu and Royce White - Same as above

4) MWP - I think at this stage, he's more valuable than Salmons and Fields, and when playoff comes around, he would provide us with that defense we need, could potentially teach Ross a thing a two about defense

5) Damien Wilkins - Much better defender than Fields at least

6) Devin Ebanks - Much better defender than Fields at least

I think not.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

They wouldn't be able to play in the playoffs, so I dont think it would be a good idea to go down that route.

Comment

None of those guys are worth a 10-day contract, and none will contribute more than any of the guys on our roster.

None of the guys you say are "much better defenders" than Fields are actually very good players, even defensively. Wilkins is 34 years old, and as a career journeyman, is basically done. Ebanks is total garbage. MWP was falling apart in NY and clearly has very little, if anything, left in the tank.

The rest are all garbage. White is even actually under contract with the Kings.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
          For the last remaining few games, should we sign a 10-day contract players to take away Salmons, Fields, Bycks, Stone's minutes and possibly see some glimpse of a production of a player.

1) Daniel Orton - He was with the 76ers. I say give him a chance to backup Val for some games so we can rest either Val or Hansborough when playoff comes around. Orton is a good 3rd C on a playoff team, he rebounds, block shots, and passes pretty well.

2) Chris Wilcox - He was with the Celtics and with 2Pat not in the rotation lineups until playoff, I say give him a chance to backup Amir's minutes so we can rest Amir and not have him injured

4) MWP - I think at this stage, he's more valuable than Salmons and Fields, and when playoff comes around, he would provide us with that defense we need, could potentially teach Ross a thing a two about defense

Since the trade deadline has passed you going crazy over 10 day contract's? ahahha
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Royce White is with Sacramento, and none of these players add anything we don't have already. As much as people hate Chuck Hayes he's easily better than Orton/Diogu/Wilcox.

Plus MWP and White have way too many off court distractions for this team.

Comment

What is the point?

What 10 day contract is going to step in to the rotation?

This isn't the last 5 years of sh!t Raptor ball; they are actually good/competitive this year.

The Raps have a full roster. Signing a 10-day requires someone to get waived.

No thank you.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                The Raps have a full roster. Signing a 10-day requires someone to get waived.
                I would have cheerfully waived Julyan Stone or Dwight Buycks to sign Jason Collins when he was available: a true backup center with 7 feet who can rim protect? We could really use that.

I would still waive Stone or Buycks for a decent backup center at this point. I just can't think of any that are available.

Comment

Yeah, don't really like the idea at all. Though MWP wearing a Raps jersey could get very interesting...
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

MWP would be a nice addition

Comment

I kind of wanna see Jamario moon back for his badass dunks and stellar defence. I read earlier on the site that he wants a contract. He averaged like 3 steals and 3 blocks in the d league
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                        I would have cheerfully waived Julyan Stone or Dwight Buycks to sign Jason Collins when he was available: a true backup center with 7 feet who can rim protect? We could really use that.

I would still waive Stone or Buycks for a decent backup center at this point. I just can't think of any that are available.
                        Nah ... the only advantage that Collins has over Chuck is his height. I'd say that Hayes is the overall better player, just short. But yeah if there was a half-decent backup C out there I would definitely waive one of Stone, Buycks or Salmons LOL for him. I'd like a guy like Ajinca backing up JV. He was good at least in the game against us in NOLA, even though it was against a JV-less front court.

Comment

Could you imagine MWP and Psycho T on the floor together?

It's like being in the ring with Undertaker and Kane.

Nobody would fk with us
                          Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
                          Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
                          Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Comment

Fields, Buycks and Stone don't get minutes anyway, so we're only talking about reducing Salmons' role.

Just give more minutes to Ross. Problem solved.

Comment

only 10 day I would sign is Myck Kabongo- the kid got screwed by the NCAA..he was a projected Top 5 lottery pick till his suspension...yea he didn't do much in the summer league with MIA but he's a hometown Toronto kid with talent that deserves a second chance and the hometown team should be the one giving it to him. I'd take him as a project over Bucks and give him the NBA experience over Stone any day.

Comment

Working...
                              X