Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Night 2010-11 - Wed Oct 27th At Home vs The Knicks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Night 2010-11 - Wed Oct 27th At Home vs The Knicks?

Actual full schedules to be out tomorrow.

RT @JoeyCash89: RT @swirsk054 RT @FisolaNYDN: Knicks to open the 2010-11 season in Toronto on Oct. 27, a team source tells The Daily News 12 minutes ago via TweetDeck
    http://twitter.com/stackmack
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Sweet. Need a soft schedule to get on an early roll. No way the Knicks (even with Amar'e) are a playoff team.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
      Sweet. Need a soft schedule to get on an early roll. No way the Knicks (even with Amar'e) are a playoff team.
      The Knicks have a better chance then the Raptors to make the playoffs and I think they can do it. Come to think of it they will probably inherit the Raptors record last season (40-42) while the Raptors will probably inherit the Knicks record last season (29-53).

Honestly with the way the Raptor squad is currently build, any opponant we are facing will either kick our ass or its tooth & nail fight to the finish, any schedule will not be soft but rather hard vs harder.

Comment

The Knicks potential rotation:

C - Amare Stoudemire
        PF - Danilo Gallinari
        SF - Wilson Chandler
        SG - Kelenna Azubuike
        PG - Raymond Felton
        6. Ronny Turiaf
        7. Anthony Randolph
        8. Toney Douglas
        9. Bill Walker

That's enough to beat the Raptors. I wouldn't call opening night a soft match up.

Comment

Note that I put a question mark after the thread title.

Reason

Tweet says that it is the Knicks opening night game not that is the Raptors. Maybe the Raptors open on the 26th? We will know for sure tomorrow.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hmmmm... Would the league give the Raptors a back to back to start the season? I think so...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Hmmmm... Would the league give the Raptors a back to back to start the season? I think so...
              Well it could be worse, its written somewhere that the Cavs first game of the season is against the Miami Heat - way to stick it to them early on Stern .

That's ok we will get our spanking within the first 3 games of the season.

Comment

The Knicks potential rotation:

C - Amare Stoudemire
                PF - Danilo Gallinari
                SF - Wilson Chandler
                SG - Kelenna Azubuike
                PG - Raymond Felton
                6. Ronny Turiaf
                7. Anthony Randolph
                8. Toney Douglas
                9. Bill Walker

That's enough to beat the Raptors. I wouldn't call opening night a soft match up.
                Turiaf will start at Center and Amare at PF from what I read. Currently NY only has 10 players under contract (who knows what's going on w/ knick center Eddie Curry) so they should add some more potential rotation players before trainning camp. As of now though its looks like this to me:

C Turiaf
                PF Stoudemire
                SF Gallinari
                SG Azubuike
                PG Felton

C Curry (media reports say he will not play for NY ala Marbury- time will tell)
                PF/C Randolph
                SF Walker
                SG/SF Chandler
                SG/PG Douglas

Comment

Hahaha, I highly doubt Randolph isn't starting. He will be far and away the best player on that team next year and for years to come. He is the PF Bargs has to worry about for a dark horse all star birth. The knicks have a great shot at making the playoffs, it really comes down to hard Amare tries. I see them hovering around .500 at worst, but for opening night in Toronto gives the raptors a shot for a fleeting moment to be an above.500 team.

I heard its Heat vs Cavs December 25th.

Comment

awww I love the Randolph fanatics. Never forget Summer League.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                      Turiaf will start at Center and Amare at PF from what I read. Currently NY only has 10 players under contract (who knows what's going on w/ knick center Eddie Curry) so they should add some more potential rotation players before trainning camp. As of now though its looks like this to me:

C Turiaf
                      PF Stoudemire
                      SF Gallinari
                      SG Azubuike
                      PG Felton

C Curry (media reports say he will not play for NY ala Marbury- time will tell)
                      PF/C Randolph
                      SF Walker
                      SG/SF Chandler
                      SG/PG Douglas
                      I left Curry out because he won't play. What changes now for him to play?

Comment

I think its his contract year and from what I have been reading he is slowly getting into debt due to some outlandish spanding.

Man this is so pathetic how some players just sign a big contract and then stop training and become fat and out of shape... cough.. Turkoglu... cough.

Comment

Nothing as far as I know. I just don't think it will benefit NY to have him sit out like Marbury as he is an expiring contract that some team might take a 1 year chance on. Curry has messed up his career big time so far.

Comment

I actually think we can steal the first game against the Knicks. By about 4 points, ha. They are as bad a defensive team as we are. Amare and Bargnani both will have a chance to go for 35 on each other. The guards match up fairly even as well. It's gunna be close.

P.S. Boston vs. Miami for Christmas anyone? And hopefully Miami faces LA game 1. I wanna see Miami crumble from the get go.

Comment

I heard Miami in Boston opening night.

Comment

Working...
                              X