OFFICIAL: Landry Fields is a Toronto Raptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More from Ford:

I think Fields signing is smart move for Raptors. Toronto essentially paid $20M to knock Knicks out of running for Nash …
    Source - Click here

Comment

Apparently it's in the $20 mil range for Fields. Yikes. He was good before Melo right? Right?
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Stein just confirmed to a Knick fan on Twitter that if NYK match the offer, Fields can't be used in a S&T deal! haha Brilliant!
        Unfortunately year 3 will have Fields on the books at $10M and he will be paid $5M in year 1 and 2.

I think this is overpaying but such is the nature of the restricted free agency game.

Comment

Also the cap hit for Raptors is averaged over 3 years (i.e. just under $7 million) but if Knicks match they use the annual salaries and they already have $65 million committed for 2014-2015 so almost impossible for them to match and absorb another $10 millon.

Comment

L Fields Rookie numbers
            Mins FG% 3p% FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK T.O PF PTS
            31.0 0.497 0.393 0.769 1.3 5.1 6.4 1.9 1.0 0.2 1.30 1.39 9.7
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

If he can return to his rookie year shooting percentages and continue to be a lockdown defender and great rebounder, I can live with the contract.

If he plays like he did in year 2...... uh oh.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately year 3 will have Fields on the books at $10M and he will be paid $5M in year 1 and 2.

I think this is overpaying but such is the nature of the restricted free agency game.
                I'm pretty sure the cap hit for Raptors is averaged - a la the Asik move by Houston. People thought that Knicks could lose Lin this way.

Comment

Could be nothing... Knicks might still match. This could just be a strategy to get NY out of the Nash sweepstakes:

Source - @chadfordinsider:

Nope. Can't match offer sheet AND sign-and-trade RT @KnickScoop: Does this mean #Knicks can match and trade him to PHX?
                  @chadfordinsider can the Knicks offer him a new contract and then sign and trade him?

If NY does not match.. we get a quality player on the team. Win-win in my books

Comment

True, but who knows what value a $10M expiring contract for a 26 year old SG would have in 2 years from now, should the Raps look to get out of the last year of his contract?

Comment

I would probably agree with you, but as pakdawgie pointed out, the cap hit is averaged, so that puts it at about 6.67M per year, which is a little easier to swallow for us. Assuming we get Nash, I suppose this means Jose will absolutely be amnestied, unless we trade him for Nash in a S&T.

Comment

Is there any chance this backfires in BC's face? Like Nash gets pissed because we're limiting his options and signs with Dallas?

Comment

pakdawgie wrote: View Post
                          Also the cap hit for Raptors is averaged over 3 years (i.e. just under $7 million) but if Knicks match they use the annual salaries and they already have $65 million committed for 2014-2015 so almost impossible for them to match and absorb another $10 millon.
                          I think by accepting this offer it would also place a hard cap on the knicks at $74M.

My understanding is anyone using the full MLE cannot go beyond $74M in payroll for that season.

Comment

And what to do with DD, or is he going to be our starting SF? Unless there is another trade in the works involving DD and a SF?

Slick move by BC, now how do we shut out Dallas (assuming they lose out on DWill) ?

Comment

According to reports, it's a "verbal agreement". Couldn't Knicks just jump in with as good an offer for a S&T? At what point would this be "locked in"?

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                                Is there any chance this backfires in BC's face? Like Nash gets pissed because we're limiting his options and signs with Dallas?
                                Depends on if he truly wanted Fields or not.

It also raises yet another question about DD's future in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X