Heat Make Contract Offer To Bosh, Don't Get Early Commitment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quixotic wrote: View Post
    I think that assumption is a bit of a reach. It would be odd (to me, at least) to not make an offer, then try to reach a S&T agreement with Toronto, then failing that finally making an offer to Bosh. If I was Bosh, I'd want that offer on the table immediately so I have the option to accept it for whatever reason. Then we talk to BC and see if we can work something out, and BC can see that if he doesn't work something out I can simply walk. Makes more sense that way, it clears up any ambiguities that may occur if we try for a S&T first and fail, and it's not exactly difficult to add in the S&T bit and change a few numbers later.
    There is nothing that the Heat have that the Raptors want.

Drug addict Beasley, please. Chalmers double please. He can't carry the sneakers of either Calderon or Jack and barely those of Banks.

That is all they have.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

So maybe a S&T where BC gets a TPE and future picks. That might be possible if Riley wants to give it up. However, I am sure he would prefer not to and Wade, Riley and Thomas will all work on Bosh to just walk. We shall see.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hell even Reggie tweeted Johnson and congratulated him
      ReggieEvans30

@IamAmirJohnson Congrag myboy delta airline on deck for u. 7 minutes ago via HTC Peep in reply to IamAmirJohnson
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        Who calls anyone these days? Text message? Psh, that's last generation. If you don't tweet it, it didn't happen.
        Oh, hell. I''ve been backed up for years, then. I've really got to tweet before I do serious damage.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I know better than most what Miami has. :-p But if we are retooling and not rebuilding, the TPE alone is far better than nothing. Losing Bosh = losing most of his cap allocation. As it stands, if Bosh walks, we only have the MLE. If we want to retool, we NEED that TPE from Miami.

And one has nothing to do with the other at this point. One is whether Toronto would want to S&T for anything Miami has and the other is your assumption that Miami and Bosh have already decided on a straight signing without consulting Toronto. Bosh *supposedly* hasn't even made up his mind yet, let alone present his final team selection for BC to decide whether or not to S&T. =P

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          There is nothing that the Heat have that the Raptors want.

Drug addict Beasley, please. Chalmers double please. He can't carry the sneakers of either Calderon or Jack and barely those of Banks.

That is all they have.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

So maybe a S&T where BC gets a TPE and future picks. That might be possible if Riley wants to give it up. However, I am sure he would prefer not to and Wade, Riley and Thomas will all work on Bosh to just walk. We shall see.

Comment

How exactly does the TPE exception work...If Toronto gets a 16+ million TPE from Miami...can they use that money to sign players, or does it have to be used through trades only? Can a player, with a contract of, say, 10 million, be traded to TO for 10 million of the TPE, leaving the Raps with 6+ million to be used similarly? Can a player (or combination of players) with a contract(s) larger than 16+ million come to TO, use all the TPE, then TO pays the remainder?

Comment

Good gravy delicious would i like to see that huge TPE be used to grab Gilbert Arenas. If we could simply absorb his contract outright that's a pretty sweet option for Washington, immediately freeing max salary from their payroll. Wouldn't Washington be pretty inclined to deal with TO?

Comment

It can only be used through trades and I believe you can split up the Trade Exception. I'm not sure if any cash can be included in a trade with a TPE (most likely yes), but there is a max of $3M cash you can include in any deal.

(why TPE? not TE?)
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I'm sure Buddhafan will make a new thread for this, but I'll just add it here:

chrisbosh (twitter)

Just had dinner w @dwadeofficial. Great way to end day 1 of #freeagency although it feels like someone is missing...... http://say.ly/FrP2L8
                  His other tweets were fine, this one is just lame. I guess he's just cracking a joke but he must be completely oblivious to what anyone in Toronto will think of that.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Bosh's posts increasingly make me think of teenage girls cracking silly little inside jokes to each other.

Many grades of respect shot out to Carmelo Anthony for playing the mature game, you know, professional basketball. This whole free agency prima donna madness is big time amateur hour.

Comment

Working...
                    X