No announcement yet.

The Who Wants Rudy? Sweepstakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still don't see the point of trading DeRozan, even if we are tanking.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Depends on a few of factors:

1) What do you have with Ross? Likely not to know until end of year.

2) What are you getting in return? Most important.

3) What is the plan looking down the road a couple of off seasons? Will you need/want cap space at that time?

4) Is there another wing available in the draft that makes him expendable?

5) Are you in a position to sell high?

6) Has DD plateaued?

Comment

I agree. DeMar wants to be here, he's good enough that his contract isn't terrible (it's not "good" yet, not by a longshot, but I'm starting to come around to the idea that he'll eventually play up to its level) and he's a good locker-room presence. Plus, frankly, his style of play is almost exactly contrary to what the league generally wants out of a shooting guard so I don't think the return would justify the trade.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
          I agree. DeMar wants to be here, he's good enough that his contract isn't terrible (it's not "good" yet, not by a longshot, but I'm starting to come around to the idea that he'll eventually play up to its level) and he's a good locker-room presence. Plus, frankly, his style of play is almost exactly contrary to what the league generally wants out of a shooting guard so I don't think the return would justify the trade.
          And sometimes it's good to go against the grain. Really with his size and developing post game, I just want to see the same ability translate to the other end, where he should be able to be a good (doesn't have to be great), physical defender at SG. Someone that could knock softer guys off their games. And the SG is a really soft position right now. Few guys that are physically imposing, who would be able to take a night of being bodied up by DeMar on both ends. I'm eager to see the real games start to see how he does on D.

*I know that's not really what you were implying, but I think having a unique player at a position is not a bad thing. His contract could end up being pretty decent or even great value, and because he'll be somewhat unique, while maybe not many teams will look to acquire him, the ones that do will likely believe they have a great need for his type of play at SG.

**Also I don't mind keeping him in general. NOt suggesting they should look for a trade, but that it's looking more and more like if they decide to, they'll be able to bargain from a position of strength as he'll have solid value.
          Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Oct 22, 2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Remove Cleveland from any Gay speculation???

Adrian Wojnarowski: "I think it's more likely he [LeBron James] stays in Miami from everything I've heard. It's more likely but things can change and they do. I think Dwyane Wade's health will play a big factor in that going forward." -

See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.jILuYBzx.dpuf
            Adrian Wojnarowski: "What I've been told all year is that it will be Miami or Cleveland." -

See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.jILuYBzx.dpuf
            Woj is the definitive.

Original source: http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/24/the...and-the-media/

Comment

Off topic, but that would be a very strange situation seeing LeBron going back to Cleveland. Would the fans accept the traitor back with open arms? If he goes back, does that mean the narcissistic LeBron actually felt bad about leaving?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Off topic, but that would be a very strange situation seeing LeBron going back to Cleveland. Would the fans accept the traitor back with open arms? If he goes back, does that mean the narcissistic LeBron actually felt bad about leaving?
                Lol how is he a traitor or a narcissist?

At the end of the day he spent 7 years in Cleveland trying to win, but couldn't will the likes of Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison (not all at the same time obviously) to the championship.

He made the move that was right for his career. Had he stayed in Cleveland, he'd likely be looked at like Karl Malone or Charles Barkley --- great players that couldn't get it done when it mattered. The only difference is he wouldn't have the MJ excuse like those guys do.

You really think LeBron in Cleveland would've been able to beat the Bulls or Celtics in the ECF? Or the Mavs/Spurs/Thunder in the finals? Those were all a struggle for LBJ with the HEAT for crying out loud.

At the end of the day the NBA is a business. Loyalty doesn't mean a damn thing. Look at how Portland amnestied Brandon Roy as soon as they got the opportunity. Shouldn't they have been "loyal" to him and kept him around? No because that's not how you win.

Look at it this way. If you were working in Winnipeg for a crappy startup company with incompetent coworkers, and one of the biggest firms in Toronto offered you a job where both you and the company would have more success, would you turn it down?

No you wouldn't unless you have a serious mental condition.

Comment

It's interesting that all the teams listed are those that we are competing for a playoff spot with. Not that I disagree with the list, but it would kinda suck to trade him to a team we need to surpass in order to make the playoffs. That being said, if Rudy were to be traded then we are probably sacrificing the playoffs anyways. In a different thread I questioned what we could get in return for Gay, and I thought any decent 2014 picks would not be possible. However, some of these teams could provide us with a decent pick(s) and potential pieces or expirings, and these 'borderline' playoff teams or those in the lower seeds wanting to improve for the playoffs would be good targets, especially if they are willing to part with draft picks.

Comment

Lol how is he a traitor or a narcissist?

At the end of the day he spent 7 years in Cleveland trying to win, but couldn't will the likes of Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison (not all at the same time obviously) to the championship.

He made the move that was right for his career. Had he stayed in Cleveland, he'd likely be looked at like Karl Malone or Charles Barkley --- great players that couldn't get it done when it mattered. The only difference is he wouldn't have the MJ excuse like those guys do.

You really think LeBron in Cleveland would've been able to beat the Bulls or Celtics in the ECF? Or the Mavs/Spurs/Thunder in the finals? Those were all a struggle for LBJ with the HEAT for crying out loud.

At the end of the day the NBA is a business. Loyalty doesn't mean a damn thing. Look at how Portland amnestied Brandon Roy as soon as they got the opportunity. Shouldn't they have been "loyal" to him and kept him around? No because that's not how you win.

Look at it this way. If you were working in Winnipeg for a crappy startup company with incompetent coworkers, and one of the biggest firms in Toronto offered you a job where both you and the company would have more success, would you turn it down?

No you wouldn't unless you have a serious mental condition.
                    Firstly, it never makes sense to compare the average Joe's employment to that of a professional athlete's. Especially in this case since LeBron took LESS money to go to Miami. Would I take less money to go to a slightly better job elsewhere? It's not an obvious decision (regardless or mental capacity)

Secondly, tell the fans in Cleveland that it was a justified move. That's what I was talking about when I said "traitor". How will Cavs fans react to the guy who broke their collective hearts out on national TV, coming back with a smile?

And lastly, are you really questioning LeBron's narcissism? Really???

Comment

Firstly, it never makes sense to compare the average Joe's employment to that of a professional athlete's. Especially in this case since LeBron took LESS money to go to Miami. Would I take less money to go to a slightly better job elsewhere? It's not an obvious decision (regardless or mental capacity)

Secondly, tell the fans in Cleveland that it was a justified move. That's what I was talking about when I said "traitor". How will Cavs fans react to the guy who broke their collective hearts out on national TV, coming back with a smile?

Wait.

Referring to one self as "The King" in third person is narcissistic?

Well I'll be.

Comment

And just to be clear on the argument that "he left so he could win a 'ship b/c CLE sucked and wouldn't try to get better" -- check CLE's records with LBJ and those casts of idiots. They were FAVOURITES to beat CHI, BOS, DAL, SAS, etc. by the time he left. In each of his final 2 seasons, they won over 60 games -- historic numbers. The fact that they couldn't replicate in-season performance in the playoffs is on LBJ as much, if not more, than it's on his supporting cast, and they tried every year to bring in guys to improve -- many of them brought in at LBJ's urging, if you believe the stories... The fact is, James basically ran that franchise while he was there, and still couldn't get it done.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

And then there's the Dan Gilbert factor. After that scathing public letter he wrote, does he take it all back once LeBron becomes available?

Personnel decisions fueled by emotion don't always work out for the best.

Comment

And then there's the Dan Gilbert factor. After that scathing public letter he wrote, does he take it all back once LeBron becomes available?

Personnel decisions fueled by emotion don't always work out for the best.
                            I wouldn't underestimate the short term memories of Gilbert or the Cleveland fans. Of course it is "the King" we speak of here and then there is oodles of dinero for the owner and a return of some elevation of recognition for Cleveland at least in the BB world. I can see him breaking down at his presser and books will be written alongwith another ESPN special. James gets to set it right again I suppose apart from the fact that he probably gets a statue erected in Cleveland and a pretty damn good team to come back to. Powerful incentives for those living in the narcissism bubble.

Comment

INTERLUDE:

Washington trades Emeka Okafor and their 2014 first-rounder (protected) to Phoenix for Marcin Gortat, Kendall Marshall, Shannon Brown and Malcolm Lee.

This probably takes Washington off the Rudy trade board - the only trade I can see happening is Trevor Ariza, Otto Porter and one of Shannon Brown or Kendall Marshall for Rudy and I don't think that's too likely.

Comment

uggh, take rudy anywhere
                                just leave demar up here
                                What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                                The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                                No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Working...
                                X