• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Jennings

Recently, Brandon Jennings tweeted this:

"If you could be from another city. What City would it be??? Or State?"
    and then...
    "I'm from #California so I'm good.... But if I had to pick I would say #Toronto...."

https://twitter.com/#!/BRAND0NJENNINGS

It seems he would love to come here, has DD to buddy up with, and we need a point guard. Based on these facts, should BC go after him full force once his contract is up (no idea when) what do yall think?
    Jose Calderon
    52.17%
    Brandon Jennings
    47.83%

don't really like jennings. would prefer felton or even augustin.

Comment

Jennings isn't a guy I would openly go after. But then again, there aren't too many (American) players who openly choose Toronto. With some guidance/discipline from Casey, Jennings definitely has the tools to be a standout PG in this league. It could be exactly what the doctor ordered when this team is ready to compete in 2-3 years. Combine that with the DeRozan buddy factor, and it looks to be an even better fit.

He's got 2 years left, plus a qualifying offer. Wonder what it would take to get him.

Comment

On the plus side he is having a solid third year in the NBA, showing good improvement on his shooting percentages. His assist to turn over ratio is also improved. On the negative side, he is slight of frame and I question his durability. There are worse guys out there.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jennings has huge talent and he's aggressive but he needs to become more focused on protecting the ball and creating for others. If he were traded here or if he were to sign here I would be ok with it. The Raptors could do a lot worse and from a talent perspective they don't have anyone who can match his talents at the guard spot. He also has a year of experience playing over seas so not only would he jive with his best bud DeRozan but he could also probably relate well to Bargnani and JV. That's very important seeing how those two guys will probably options 1 and 2 in a few years.

I think he could be had for someone like Ed Davis. Others could be added to round out the deal so that it's fair while meeting the CBA.

Comment

RT @TheRealJudah @BRAND0NJENNINGS Why Toronto? The city is amazing!!!! And the women are beautiful
            I like this kid. He knows what he's talking about.

I would imagine he's got Demar in his ear, mentioning how are Strip Clubs are WAAAY better than the US; how we've got the biggest Carabana outside of the Carribean; and how Rexdale is almost JUST LIKE Compton where the two are from! Hahaha

Comment

We saw how good Demar played last year with big bro Money by his side. I think Jennings would be a trigger for Demar to play better, and eventually sign a long term deal here.

I think BC should be all over this. You dont get that many players going public on how much they like Toronto.

And its not like getting buddies to play together is uncommon in the league, Magic got Baby for Dwight, Jack and Bosh before...

Comment

I don't think we have anything to offer the Bucks. We can't add DeMar, and Bargs is not an option. I also wouldn't give a 2012 first rounder for him. The only other option is to give up Ed Davis, a future draft pick and send Barbosa and expiring contracts for their unwanted salary (S.Jackson, Udrih, or Gooden). That doesn't sound like a good option for us. It to bad because that would he would be a nice addition.

Comment

I can't see the Buck's trading Jennings unless it was for a player or assets that is sure to make them better. They are building the team around Bogut and Jennings as core peices.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    We saw how good Demar played last year with big bro Money by his side. I think Jennings would be a trigger for Demar to play better, and eventually sign a long term deal here.

I think BC should be all over this. You dont get that many players going public on how much they like Toronto.

And its not like getting buddies to play together is uncommon in the league, Magic got Baby for Dwight, Jack and Bosh before...
                    TJ and Bosh used to be pretty close too. But so is Bosh and Aldridge and Colangelo passed on Aldridge.

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                    I can't see the Buck's trading Jennings unless it was for a player or assets that is sure to make them better. They are building the team around Bogut and Jennings as core peices.
                    Are you sure?

The Milwaukee Bucks reportedly would be open to listening to offers for guard Brandon Jennings.
                    Source: cleveland.com

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      rexdale is almost just like compton where the two are from! Hahaha
                      lmao!
                      No Dissrespect...
                      With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

Jennings is one of the top PG targets on my list ... I think he is attainable, for the right deal. Ed Davis is a good start, with our 2nd rounder or a future pick - but I don't think it would happen until the offseason

Add that to the news that Batum will not be extending with Portland before become an RFA this offseason ... Jennings and Batum would be amazing additions, along with Jonas and the pick.

Jennings and Jose are perfect balance at PG.
                        Last edited by Papa Burgundy; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 02:04 PM.
                        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

If you asked me would I do this last year I'd say no way in hell. But hes been playing inspired ball, going so far as to carry the team at times. I'd be for it.

Not sure Jose and him could coexist though. Both need lots of minutes to thrive.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

The thing we need to consider is that D.J. Augustine is hitting the market and he brings a lot of the same things to the table. On the flip side it would be nice to spend that money elsewhere if possible.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              Jennings is one of the top PG targets on my list ... I think he is attainable, for the right deal. Ed Davis is a good start, with our 2nd rounder or a future pick - but I don't think it would happen until the offseason

Add that to the news that Batum will not be extending with Portland before become an RFA this offseason ... Jennings and Batum would be amazing additions, along with Jonas and the pick.

Jennings and Jose are perfect balance at PG.
                              If they are looking to rid some salary we could send Barbosa and Bayless for Steven Jackson and Jennings, add in a second round pick from us and it might get it done. Is Jennings worth taking on an extra year of Jackson and the hit on our free agent money?
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X