NBA.com: Trying to Make Room for the Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA.com: Trying to Make Room for the Raptors

Its nice to see that we're getting noticed once again outside of our own publications. NBA.com is bringing some awareness to fans out there today.

Albeit we did have a stretch of beating and playing weaker opponents, but the last 2 games I think helped seal things a little bit more when your beating powerhouses like the Spurs and Magic.

The Hang Time Hoops Shelter is currently at capacity with the Grizzlies and Kings sleeping in the guest rooms. But if the Raptors keep up their winning ways, we're going to have to make room for them, too.

If the Raptors keep this up, they're going to force a lot of people to change their minds about a team most folks had written off before Christmas.

They are also going to force the Hang Time Hoops Shelter (the Grizzlies and Kings already have their own rooms) to expand a little bit so we can add to the family.

Did you see what Chris Bosh and his crew did to the Magic last night in Orlando?

Did you notice the way the way they handled themselves at crunch time and on the defensive end, two areas of major concern for Jay Triano's team a month ago? Times have changed in Raptorland and for the better.

Those defense-free, uneven performances that marked their play earlier this season have given way to a scrappy bunch, at home and on the road, that refuses to accept a fate dictated by someone else.

The Raptors have a come a long way since stumbling out of the gate early in the season. They are inching closer and closer to the status many predicted for them before this season started.

Winners of seven of their past 10 games, the only team in the Eastern Conference playing as good or better is Cleveland (8-2 in their last 10).

The Raptors sent Magic coach Stan Van Gundy off on a postgame diatribe/rant that you have to see to truly appreciate (and while the coach tries to gather his thoughts and reflect a bit more we'll start clearing out some extra space for the shelter's newest family member):
    Source - Click here

That was a good win but I don't think they finished strong on D. It looked like the momentum changed near the end as they let the Magic eat into the lead... For a minute there I began to get the funny feeling in my stomach, "Oh crap, here we go again with a another game given away". I am sooo, so glad I was completely wrong!

Comment

what a sweet win that was ... although there were some things in that 4th that concerned me .. but i will take a good win.
      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Sweet win, but you have to think that if the 4th quarter were 3 mins longer, we would have lost that game.

Comment

verbatim wrote: View Post
          Sweet win, but you have to think that if the 4th quarter were 3 mins longer, we would have lost that game.
          Sure, but if the fourth quarter were 3 mins longer, half the results decided by 5 points or less in the league would've gone the other way. The refs were trying to screw us as hard as they could, must've been some betting action going on.

The Jose/Jack/Turk lineup was no good, I talked about this in the post-game report. If we had lost that game I would've blamed Triano.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            The Jose/Jack/Turk lineup was no good, I talked about this in the post-game report. If we had lost that game I would've blamed Triano.
            I do blame Triano for gambling with a hard fought victory by experimenting with his pet project in crunch time, even though it has failed in almost every single instance it has been implemented. I dunno, maybe someone needs to break a clipboard over his head for him to get the message. DOES NOT WORK.

Comment

"The Raptors sent Magic coach Stan Van Gundy off on a postgame diatribe/rant that you have to see to truly appreciate "

Anyone have a link to this....might have a few laffs.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                "The Raptors sent Magic coach Stan Van Gundy off on a postgame diatribe/rant that you have to see to truly appreciate "

Anyone have a link to this....might have a few laffs.
                Here you go mang:

http://www.nba.com/video/teams/magic...031/index.html

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  There's no doubt that SVG was talking to and about Wince.
                  RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                    There's no doubt that SVG was talking to and about Wince.
                    Haha yup. WC is jackin up shats all day and messin up Orlando's flow on O! Gotta love it!

Comment

Working...
                    X