Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josh Smith for Bosh

Josh Smith + Zaza Pachulia + 1st round pick for Chris Bosh

The Hawks get the second scorer that they sorely need to place alongside Joe Johnson ... and become a legitimate contender in the East. A team capable of winning an NBA title.

I think this is only a suitable trade for Toronto if they're convinced Chris Bosh is leaving or very likely to leave ... in that case it gives them an established player, a borderline All-Star, who is young and has potential for a lot more. A solid backup big in Zaza. And a first round pick.
    nbaroundtable

The idea is a fair proposal but do you think the Hawks would ever take on a max salary guy?
    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
      The idea is a fair proposal but do you think the Hawks would ever take on a max salary guy?
      Definitely
      Last edited by Dave; Wed Jan 13, 2010, 02:09 AM.
      nbaroundtable

Comment

I prefer the Andrew Bynum trade to this one.

It would be a toss up between this trade and one of the Anthony Randolph based trade ideas for my second choice option.

I just thought it was an interesting idea for both teams and one worth mentioning.
        nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
          I prefer the Andrew Bynum trade to this one.

It would be a toss up between this trade and one of the Anthony Randolph based trade ideas for my second choice option.

I just thought it was an interesting idea for both teams and one worth mentioning.
          The Bynum deal is more intriguing if only because Bynum would fit better with Bargnani. However, Atlanta being a trade partner is a lot more realistic than the constant rumors about Randolph and Golden State. No way Golden State trades Biedrins, Randolph and a 1st for Bosh. No way Bosh stays with Golden State.

Comment

I'd take the Bynum trade over this too, more upside than Smith. Also has an outside chance to be a dominant center. The pick that would come back would be in the 17-22 range which can be bought if need be (BTW, what happened with the money we got in the JO trade?)

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
              Josh Smith + Zaza Pachulia + 1st round pick for Chris Bosh

The Hawks get the second scorer that they sorely need to place alongside Joe Johnson ... and become a legitimate contender in the East. A team capable of winning an NBA title.

I think this is only a suitable trade for Toronto if they're convinced Chris Bosh is leaving or very likely to leave ... in that case it gives them an established player, a borderline All-Star, who is young and has potential for a lot more. A solid backup big in Zaza. And a first round pick.
              Josh Smith would then be expected to lead. When has he ever shown leadership? I don't like it. I don't think its an even deal either. I also don't know if half a season would be enough to sell Atlanta to Bosh.

Comment

Joe Johnson and Bosh would both be free agents at the end of the season with no guarantees either would come back. Don't think ATL would chance this one.

Comment

Working...
                X