Everything Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    Unless there's an 'Everything Really, Really, Really Gay' thread.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I'm not worried about Bargnani or Valanciunas being out of shape either, because apparently both were hard at cardio, and in the weight-room during practices/shoot-arounds.
      Bargnani's been out of shape for the better part of his career. I don't think a stationary bike has much to offer

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
        an optimistic article about why gay is underrated: http://asubstituteforwar.com/2013/01...ade-is-a-fail/
        Interesting read. Nice find.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          most popular facial on the web...

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
            most popular facial on the web...
            it was the only way for Bosh to be able to prove to his grand kids that he won a championship LOL also media ignore him so he has to try to steal the spot light, in 20 years bosh will be broke, would have pawned his ring & NO one will have a clue who he is LOL

but then again they may still poke fun at that wildly gay facial LOL

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              an optimistic article about why gay is underrated: http://asubstituteforwar.com/2013/01...ade-is-a-fail/
              very interesting

Comment

I think that many folks (including many Raptors fans) might have seriously underrated this trade for the Raptors. Basketball is a funny game, that relies a lot on chemistry and situational performance. Having three players such as Lowry, DeRozan and Gay might look like too much of the same thing, but it also creates all sorts of problems for defences. If Gay brings a lot of energy along with his length and athleticism, I think it will open up a lot of options for other players. If this works out, it is going to be a blast.

Comment

Things that made me very happy to hear in Gay's presser:

-Wants to bring veteran leadership to the team, that know-how of winning games
                  -Invited the challenge of guarding the best player each night, said that's always what he did out in Memphis (though I don't fully agree with that *cough* Tony Allen *cough*). Still very good to hear though.
                  -Talked about being a good teammate and that he doesn't want to take away from anyone's game.

Never once did he bring up points, except to say he doesn't care about them. Never once did he talk about shots, though he did mention sort of how he didn't feel "free" in Memphis' system and this would let him play more his game.....

Also his eyes genuinely lit up at some point when someone asked him about the roster and future of this team.

We'll see how it all turns out

Comment

Ryan Wolstat Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

"It felt great to be accepted like I did today," Gay said. . It just makes you want to play hard."

Ryan Wolstat ‏@WolstatSun

"Fans don’t really understand their participation, coming out and supporting us, how much it means to us."

Another heart melter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Another heart melter.
                      Yeah, you can tell deep down he wanted a change badly, and exactly for that type of reason.

Comment

I think even defensively Toronto is a better fit. We have more speed than Memphis, and that ability to go small for certain matchups and still be pretty big. I was very impressed with Rudy's team D.

Only concern is he does take a lot of jumpers. Plus side, he's much better at creating them on his own than anyone we've had for awhile. Also, I don't mind him taking that many 3s if they're always so open.

Comment

He must of been extremely distracted in Memphis last year or so. It make no sense how he can shoot so poorly from 3. He has a perfect jumper. I'm guessing it was all in his head. Than again it's just one game.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            He must of been extremely distracted in Memphis last year or so. It make no sense how he can shoot so poorly from 3. He has a perfect jumper. I'm guessing it was all in his head. Than again it's just one game.
                            Rudy Gay just lost his grandmother at the start of this season she went to all of his home games and she was battling illness all last season. She died right after Xmas he left every game in a hurry to visit her at the hospital.

That will take you out of the swing of things. She pretty much raised him, more than his actual parents.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                              Rudy Gay just lost his grandmother at the start of this season she went to all of his home games and she was battling illness all last season. She died right after Xmas he left every game in a hurry to visit her at the hospital.

That will take you out of the swing of things. She pretty much raised him, more than his actual parents.
                              Makes sense. Just going to that arena every night was probably a constant reminder of her. Actually that whole city probably was. He definitely needed a change of scenery
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

This is the best thread title ever on this site! So misleading for some folks...

Comment

Working...
                                X