• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani, Davis and Johnson - Lovin It

Not bad for their first game together.

Going to get a lot better

Wiz game story byline:

No Evans, Jack or Dorsey in the starting lineup and Raptors offense rolls big time.

Bargnani, Davis and Johnson Lovin it.

Anymore Bayless doubters out there in Raptorland? - RFLMAO

P.S. Anyone want Jack back? LOL
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Yeah, I think Davis has the perfect game to start along-side Bargnani. Bargs and Bosh always had a little redundancy between them, but Davis looks like he can be a guy who has a huge pick without a lot of plays run for him, clean up the glass, and do it without racking up the fouls. I think Johnson is ultimately destined to continue as first big off the bench once Davis develops a bit.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
      Not bad for their first game together.

Going to get a lot better

Wiz game story byline:

No Evans, Jack or Dorsey in the starting lineup and Raptors offense rolls big time.

Bargnani, Davis and Johnson Lovin it.

Anymore Bayless doubters out there in Raptorland? - RFLMAO

P.S. Anyone want Jack back? LOL

I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I could not believe the crap Colangelo took for pulling off the biggest steal in acquiring Bayless (22 year old PG prospect) and Peja (huge trading chip or free agent money) for the supposed "leader" in Jack. He was the most selfish player on the team before that trade and thank God he's gone. I have no doubt that by season's end Bayless will be our starter and I wouldnt be surprised if Davis will supplant Amir as well.

Comment

johnp wrote: View Post
        I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. I could not believe the crap Colangelo took for pulling off the biggest steal in acquiring Bayless (22 year old PG prospect) and Peja (huge trading chip or free agent money) for the supposed "leader" in Jack. He was the most selfish player on the team before that trade and thank God he's gone. I have no doubt that by season's end Bayless will be our starter and I wouldnt be surprised if Davis will supplant Amir as well.
        I see the three of them as the next Pau, Lamar and Drew (Bynum)

Davis = Pau
        Johnson = Lamar
        Bargnani = Drew

Every top team needs a solid three big man rotation.

I don't see it as one guy better than other, too divisive thinking

I am looking at them together.

Together as a three big man rotation, not all three on the court together.
        Last edited by Buddahfan; Thu Dec 2, 2010, 12:21 AM.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Davis = Pau
          Johnson = Lamar
          Bargnani = Drew
          Not that i agree, but, the more accurate comparison would be:

Bargnani - Pau
          Johnson - Odom
          Davis - Bynum

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            Not that i agree, but, the more accurate comparison would be:

Bargnani - Pau
            Johnson - Odom
            Davis - Bynum
            In you opinion, In your opinion.

The point is that the three of them will be pretty darn good as a three man rotation.

All three are 25 and under

Reggie can get in line behind Dorsey once Reggie returns.

Comment

You're going overboard intentionally with the comparison to the Lakers, right...?

Comment

You forgot to mention
                derozan = kobe
                Weems = shannon brown
                caldeorn= fisher

no scarcasm here lol

Davis = Pau
                Johnson = Lamar
                Bargnani = Drew

Every top team needs a solid three big man rotation.

I don't see it as one guy better than other, too divisive thinking

I am looking at them together.

Together as a three big man rotation, not all three on the court together.

Comment

This was the first time I really saw Davis play apart from 1 game in summer league and 1 game in college. I've got to say that he looked pretty solid. I'm feeling the love for Bargs, Johnson and davis. They were pretty effective tonight. Let's hope it continues.

BTW, we were 7-11 last year before we started a great stretch to the all-star game. Does anyone dare think we have the juice this year? Wishful thinking I know.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Dan wrote: View Post
                    You're going overboard intentionally with the comparison to the Lakers, right...?
                    Nope

Give it about 2 - 3 years and they could be as good as the Lakers trio is now.

Seriously

Johnson finally has another big to play next to who can defend since Sheed about 3 years ago.

Davis and Johnson will be dynamite together and Bargnani will play just as good if not better with Davis than he does with Johnson.

Give it two to three seasons before they are as good a trio as the Lakers trio is now.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                      You forgot to mention
                      derozan = kobe
                      Weems = shannon brown
                      caldeorn= fisher

no scarcasm here lol
                      DeRozan is not Kobe and your other two comparisons sure signs of someone on the kool-aid

However, Bayless will be all-star. Give it several seasons.

Comment

Nope

Give it about 2 - 3 years and they could be as good as the Lakers trio is now.

Seriously

Johnson finally has another big to play next to who can defend since Sheed about 3 years ago.

Davis and Johnson will be dynamite together and Bargnani will play just as good if not better with Davis than he does with Johnson.

Give it two to three seasons before they are as good a trio as the Lakers trio is now.
                        I'd bet anything that this does not happen.

Still, I have high hopes for these guys, but you're seriously drinking some good kool-aid.

If the trio becomes 2/3rds as good, that's great.

Comment

Fellow Dan, Buddhafan sees things through ganja coloured glasses. I think this is great and there is nothing wrong with that. I'd rather an optimist than a pessimist any day. I want some kool-aid. Who's got the kool-aid?
                          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

i was clearly being sarcastic if you couldn't tell and why would you be comparing them to the Lakers Big Men just because we have three quality bigs???

A way more realistic comparison would be Bargnani =dirk davis=josh smith amir= ? no one really he compares to

odom doesnt compare to any of the raptors bigs his ball handling is to good. Bynum is a true centre all our bigs are more suited as power forwards and gasol slightly compares to bargnani in terms of inside outside however still gasol is more a true centre than bargnani so none of your comparisions are farily accurate although i like your intentions.

DeRozan is not Kobe and your other two comparisons sure signs of someone on the kool-aid

However, Bayless will be all-star. Give it several seasons.

Comment

Davis = Pau
                              Johnson = Lamar
                              Bargnani = Drew
                              now thats got to be the KUSH talkin.......

Comment

Working...
                              X