No announcement yet.

Countdown to Extinction - tracking the final lottery slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tank continues in Cleveland. Down by double digits to the wiz in the fourth.

Comment

Ya Cleveland was clearly throwing that game. the 3rd and 4th quarters were absolutely brutal! I hope we tank tomorrow!

I'll be pissed if they win! Sounds wrong, but it has major ramifications.
      Last edited by saints91; Wed Apr 25, 2012, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Tank Nation in full effect, as Sacramento should (d'oh) win against the Lakers tonight. This article from CNNSI states that Kobe, Bynum, Gasol and Barnes will all sit out the game, in addition to Artest being suspended: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a3&eref=sihp

REMAINING SCHEDULE
        T3) New Orleans - 21 wins (Houston)
        T3) Sacramento - 21 wins (LAL)
        T3) Cleveland - 21 wins (Chicago)
        T6) Toronto - 22 wins (NJ)
        T6) New Jersey - 22 wins (Toronto)
        8) Golden State - 23 wins (San Antonio)

LETS GO JERSEY!!! DO THE HUMP!!!

BRING ON A TORONTO TIE FOR 5th WORST (or possibly even 4th worst, if NO beats Houston)!!!
        Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Apr 26, 2012, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I'll never cheer against the Raptors no matter what might possibly occur if the stars align at the right time after a loss.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I'll never cheer against the Raptors no matter what might possibly occur if the stars align at the right time after a loss.
            You can cheer for your team, while also understanding the future long-term benefits that a loss would result in. I would never want the players on any team I support to tank, at least so far as giving less than full effort. The players don't control who's on the roster and/or who's on the court, just their own actions within the game... I will always cheer for my team's players and expect full effort.

It is ironic though, that a loss gives the team a better % chance of a more significant improvement next season and beyond... wouldn't cheering for that BE cheering for the Raptors team, given that a championship and even the playoffs are out of reach this season??

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              You can cheer for your team, while also understanding the future long-term benefits that a loss would result in. I would never want the players on any team I support to tank, at least so far as giving less than full effort. The players don't control who's on the roster and/or who's on the court, just their own actions within the game... I will always cheer for my team's players and expect full effort.

It is ironic though, that a loss gives the team a better % chance of a more significant improvement next season and beyond... wouldn't cheering for that BE cheering for the Raptors team, given that a championship and even the playoffs are out of reach this season??
              I'm an admin of a basketball discussion board. I posted the lotto odds next to current standings in a table on this board yesterday. I understand the possible implications of a win or a loss and yet I stand by what I said.

As for the rest, the ends never justify the means. That said I won't be broken up about a loss but to cheer on the Nets? Come on, anyone who does that doesn't deserve to ever have a good team to cheer for in Toronto.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                ...As for the rest, the ends never justify the means. That said I won't be broken up about a loss but to cheer on the Nets? Come on, anyone who does that doesn't deserve to ever have a good team to cheer for in Toronto.
                You are not the first to express these feelings on this board, but you might have expressed them best.

+1

Comment

And so they slapped around the foolish Nets who are possibly about to lose D-Will and who certainly pissed away their draft pick to the Blazers. If you're sad today about the Raptors losing 20 or so lottery balls out of a thousand just look at the Nets... Your lives as fans look to be a lot better than theirs' come next season regardless of those 20 balls. This was a legit win, the Nets had no reason to lose. In fact they should have been trying to win to stick it to the Blazers. What a mess.

Comment

Just lifted this from NBA.com we lost our tiebreaker with Golden State making us 8th

Team record (Lottery changes, out of 1,000)

Charlotte 7-59 250

Washington 20-46 199

Cleveland 21-45 138

New Orleans 21-45 137

Sacramento 22-44 76

New Jersey* 22-44 75

Golden State# 23-43 36

Toronto 23-43 35

Detroit 25-41 17

Minnesota (To New Orleans via LA Clippers) 26-40 11

Portland 28-38 8

Milwaukee 31-35 7

Phoenix 33-33 6

Houston 34-32 5
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                    X