Sonny playing for a contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonny playing for a contract

Will Sonny be a restricted free agent in season's end and if so how much will he be worth?!

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Will Sonny be a restricted free agent in season's end and if so how much will he be worth?!
    3 years @ 9 million, If he is good by the end of the 3 years he should get his pay day then, I am always wary of player in their contact year. Brian will give him 5 years @ 30 million though.

Comment

He is worth far more then 3 years and 9 million if he keeps playing like this. I'd 5 years 30 million to 40 million is fair if he can consistently put #s up like that.

Comment

I would do 3yrs/$9M (i.e. $3M per season).

The guy is 24. I don't worry about him producing in a contract year because he has shown improvement each year and a desire to continue to get better.

A 3 year deal takes him to 27/28 and an opportunity for one last pay day while he is at his peak.

BC gave those 4yr/$12M deals to AP and Garbo. I wouldn't have an issue with that either.

Comment

I don't believe he's restricted. I believe he's unrestricted.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            I don't believe he's restricted. I believe he's unrestricted.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

Restricted here.

Sonny was on a 2 year minimum contract. As he was a rookie when deal signed, this makes him restricted.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-10-11

Restricted here.

Sonny was on a 2 year minimum contract. As he was a rookie when deal signed, this makes him restricted.
              Yes, I guess that's true. I forgot about that rule. Thanks.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

4 years and $20-24M if he continues like this...

.oO(Thought I made a thread on this topic the other day....http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...oney!-MO-MONEY!)

Comment

Regarding the thread title

You should have quit typing it after typing

"Sonny Playing"
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Market value pleeease!!! Match when he gets an offer. He is restricted, no?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Market value pleeease!!! Match when he gets an offer. He is restricted, no?
                      I would agree unless he keeps going the way he has been playing. He'll certainly get a very decent offer.

I think it would be a low risk deal at 3years and $2.5-3.0M per. Maybe a team option for year 3?

BC did a very similar deal with Humphries a few seasons ago. I believe it was done in December.

Essentially, if the NOH trade goes through Jack's salary becomes Bayless and Weems +/- a few 100K.

Comment

I would give him the same deal as Kleiza
                        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                        X