The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Happ's record is misleading this season considering how bad the Astros are. So, maybe he's a late bloomer (ala R.A. Dickey) and the best is yet to come. I just think they gave up alot to get pretty much just him and maybe Lyon.
    Can't argue there. But in AA I trust. haha

Comment

• So Ichiro is headed to NY.. wow.

Comment

• And he's in the lineup tonight apparently.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
          So Ichiro is headed to NY.. wow.
          WHAT?! ... Stupid Yankees.

Prime wrote: View Post
          And he's in the lineup tonight apparently.
          HAH!! Against Seattle?! MEAN Yankees!!

Comment

Happ's record is misleading this season considering how bad the Astros are. So, maybe he's a late bloomer (ala R.A. Dickey) and the best is yet to come. I just think they gave up alot to get pretty much just him and maybe Lyon.
            no, Happ is an nl pitcher. It's going to be a struggle in the al. he could eventually pull a rasmus, but, it may take more time to pull a happ than a bautista, rasmus or even an encarnacion.

p.s. if you got through that. you should get a chuckle out of it.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• What's everyone's thoughts on the Snider and Thames trade?
              When I logged onto MLB.com and saw Snider's face in the collage of pictures entitled "Clubs Active On Eve Of Trade Deadline", my heart sank a little.. After reading up on the trades I think the best way to describe my stance is "meh". We may have found our future closer, Snider may blow up for Pit.. Who knows who wins this trade.
              I do think the Jays are going to get after a good left fielder before the deadline passes. Gose isn't ready and Rajai isn't the long term answer. Someone with a big bat perhaps??

Comment

• Sad to see Snider gone, but I bet I'll flourish finally in Pittsburgh. He's got too sweet of a swing not to be effective. As for Lincoln, I like him. Pretty versatile. Mostly a reliever, but can start and I wouldn't write him off as a potential closer down the road if things are still up in the air with Santos and his health next season. Thames I was never sold on. Massive dude who just can't seem to put his power to work. Don't know anything about Delabar, but from what I've read this morning a solid mid-reliever.

BTW, is there a reason why Happ isn't starting and his only coming on in relief at the moment?

Comment

BTW, is there a reason why Happ isn't starting and his only coming on in relief at the moment?
                  I believe AA said he wanted to Work Happ into the Rotation slowly, but first see how he fits in the Bullpen.

And I think people are sleeping on Casey Janssen being the Real Deal as a Closer.

Comment

Sad to see Snider gone, but I bet I'll flourish finally in Pittsburgh.
                    Doc, are you going with him? I hope Pittsburgh brings out the best in you

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      And I think people are sleeping on Casey Janssen being the Real Deal as a Closer.
                      Agreed. He seems to have "the stuff" as they call it. Also, I wasn't really jazzed about what I saw from Santos when he was with us. Small sample size, I know.. Was he playing hurt or something?

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                        Doc, are you going with him? I hope Pittsburgh brings out the best in you
                        Thought about it, but I don't think my wife would appreciate it.

Comment

• So bummed about Snider
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            So bummed about Snider
                            What'll make it worse is if he tares it up for Pittsburgh. It's very possible knowing his potential. I have a lot of confidence in AA and I'm sure Lincoln won't disappoint us.
                            Last edited by Eric Akshinthala; Wed Aug 1, 2012, 01:57 AM.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                              What'll make it worse is if he tares it up for Pittsburgh. It's very possible knowing his potential. I have a lot of confidence in AA and I'm sure Lincoln won't disappoint us.

Snider was dead weight in Toronto. How many times do you allow him to go up/down before you say "fuck it"? Clearly most people were at that point.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                                Snider was dead weight in Toronto. How many times do you allow him to go up/down before you say "fuck it"? Clearly most people were at that point.
                                Yes, no matter what he's capable of, the time had come for the Jays to do something. Although it is possible that he could do well it didn't seem like it was going to happen here.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X