Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game Day: Raptors @ Kings (10pm Sportsnet 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy was I ever off on my pre game prediction about DCuz not using his size advantage. Awful loss. Would love to see some, what do they call it? Dee... Def... defense? Yeah that's it PLAY SOME FRIGGIN DEFENCE YOU DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      Lowry has looked much better these last 2 games, he's being much more aggressive but the 11 assists were great. Pietrus won't get 20+ points every game either, but it's nice to know he can provide some offensive punch.

Just looking at the positives
      Lowry is probably getting healthier (ankle) and getting back in to game shape. He did not have much of a preseason and then injured 3rd (or 4th?) game in.

Comment

• My 2cents on the game to the Raptors:

Toronto Raptors ‏@Raptors

#Raptors drop another heartbreaker 107-100 to the Kings. Lowry w/ 34 pts, 11 asts, 5 rebs. Post Up streams here: http://on.nba.com/QmqLgr #RTZ

@Raptors @RaptorsMR it is clear the team is in a case of serious denial. "Heartbreaker" that happens in a loss to MIA not SAC #tradeBargnani

That loss is not heartbreaking. Stomach-turning is a much better bodily response.

Comment

• I was only able to catch the first half of yesterdays game and the first few minutes of the third, so this might have been discussed already, but...

At the start of the 3rd quarter, Lowry gathered the troops into a huddle and were giving them what sounded like a rallying speech. He looked like he was trying to pump the guys up, but just seemed like nobody else in the starting 5 whom were in that huddle shared that same intensity. They just sort of listened with blank expressions on their faces. Are we dealing with a broken team here? Have seasons of losing and the awful start to this season already taken it's toll on the team?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            That loss is not heartbreaking. Stomach-turning is a much better bodily response.
            Nailed it.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I was only able to catch the first half of yesterdays game and the first few minutes of the third, so this might have been discussed already, but...

At the start of the 3rd quarter, Lowry gathered the troops into a huddle and were giving them what sounded like a rallying speech. He looked like he was trying to pump the guys up, but just seemed like nobody else in the starting 5 whom were in that huddle shared that same intensity. They just sort of listened with blank expressions on their faces. Are we dealing with a broken team here? Have seasons of losing and the awful start to this season already taken it's toll on the team?
              i don't think the team's given up/quit on casey yet, otherwise they wouldn't have almost come back against denver the other night, i think its just more the personalities. bargs is practically a statue and guys like demar, ed, pietrus and amir are very even keeled which can be a good thing, but at the same time id like to see them add a player or two with a little fire. Lowry certainly has it, but i think it could really be infectious with the rest of the team.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JV benched @ 15min/3 fouls

fuck you casey

Comment

• This team has to realize it needs to play grind out style basketball. When we slow the pace down, our defense get much better. We were shooting 58% and then bam! Our offense stalled and we went down in a hole. Team needs to reform it's identity on the defensive end if it wants to do something worthwhile this season.

Comment

• wtfraps wrote: View Post
                    Guys, i just read doug smith's article on todays game and I almost threw up. Although he did mention that "Andrea Bargnani was a miserable 3-for-14 from the field" but heres his reason as to why we lost this game...

"A combination of inexperience and an unwillingness to hit people allowed the Kings to do almost whatever they wanted. And if the guards were broken down on the perimeter, the inside help wasn’t there.

And, again, the Raptors got very little spark from the backup bigs. Amir Johnson and Davis are usually good at offering weak side help on clear drives, they were a bit slow getting over at times."

im sorry, but did he mention ed davis in there?

anyways im thinking smith is a BC's mistress.
                    Doug Smith is not a reliable source of information. He is BC's lap dog.

Comment

• I'm so glad I only stayed awake for the 1st quarter.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        Doug Smith is not a reliable source of information. He is BC's lap dog.
                        I went over to his blog for a good laugh and he is claiming that Lowry's big fourth was due in part to the space Bargnani created for him by being on the floor. I won't link it or quote it and I feel dirty for even going over there.

Comment

• Perhaps Smith has developed some sort of personal relationship with a lot of these players....especially the ones who have been in Toronto for a while. It's possible that Smith just feels bad for publicly slagging his "friends".

Comment

Working...
                          X