No announcement yet.

First Preseason Game (Real Madrid)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he has played his ass off the right way. He does some little things as well. He directs guys during stoppages, it is as if he has been on this team for a while. And his defence is better then I thought.

Comment

Terrence has been the most impressive so far. That stroke is beautiful!
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Terrence has been the most impressive so far. That stroke is beautiful!
        he's got to mix it up though. He's got to drive the ball in and show his athleticism.
        Bargnani looks flat footed today.

Comment

His intensity on D is great too!
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
            he's got to mix it up though. He's got to drive the ball in and show his athleticism.
            Bargnani looks flat footed today.
            True but, I don't think that will be apart of his role this year.
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

A win only by 7, but remember, a lot of the bench played a majority of the game, not to mention no Lowry, no Valanciunas.

The depth of the team was seriously obvious, and Coach Casey could go to their 8th and 9th guys without having a worry of giving up anything on either end of the court.

My top 3 guys tonight in no particular order were Derozan, Lucas, and Johnson.

Kleiza, Bargnani, and Calderon were fairly frustrating to watch. Athleticism and speed won the game for the team tonight.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

First impressions...
                Terrence Ross – a beautiful shot, but must be able to get it off faster once defenders know his game. Needs to mix it up with drives to the basket. Hope he gets stronger. Maybe a bit too unselfish? Curious to see what he can do in iso situations. Although it might not be his game.

Jose Calderon – a warrior... after turning his ankle, I thought he was done for the night. But still kept playing after. Missing his hesitation drives to the basket.... hope to see this more in the upcoming games or getting older?

John Lucas – probably the quickest player on the team. Great shooting, kept their team in the game. In the end of games, perhaps I want the ball in his hands if Lowry still out.

Ed Davis – great rebounding (10) and post defense. Still raw offensively, needs to play smarter.

Derozan – impressive in the end of the game. Quiet 18 pts. He seems to be our only slasher. If he goes down, we might be in trouble. After 5 rebs in the half, only added 1 in the second half.

Bargnani – settled too much for his outside shot (which was off today) but played great D. Needs to drive it in or post it up more. Take advantage of that extra 15 lbs of baby fat he gained in the summer.

Amir Johnson – looked stronger. Might be our most intimidating post presence in defense. Played great D.

Anderson – a keeper.

Landry – needs to get going.

Kleiza – off his game today.

Quincy Acy – hope to see him more in the future.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  A win only by 7, but remember, a lot of the bench played a majority of the game, not to mention no Lowry, no Valanciunas.

The depth of the team was seriously obvious, and Coach Casey could go to their 8th and 9th guys without having a worry of giving up anything on either end of the court.

My top 3 guys tonight in no particular order were Derozan, Lucas, and Johnson.

Kleiza, Bargnani, and Calderon were fairly frustrating to watch. Athleticism and speed won the game for the team tonight.
                  Cleveland beat their European opponent only by 6 tonight. Notice Dion Waiters did not start the game and played on 15 min. They might have made a mistake drafting him.
                  http://www.nba.com/games/20121008/MP...#nbaGIboxscore

Comment

Jaworski wrote: View Post
                    Cleveland beat their European opponent only by 6 tonight. Notice Dion Waiters did not start the game and played on 15 min. They might have made a mistake drafting him.
                    http://www.nba.com/games/20121008/MP...#nbaGIboxscore
                    11 points in 15 minutes
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The Raptors proved beyond any doubt that they are probably better than the Real Madrid team.

Comment

11 points in 15 minutes
                        Efficient with that if I might say, but field goal attempts could counter that.

Comment

GG by the Raps. Watching the game without Leo talking is a great thing to start this season.

Comment

I might add that I spent a lot of time watching Fields. Not too impressive offensively but his defence and positioning (which helped his team mates with their games) was superb.

Most frustrated with Davis tonight, but he showed signs. Most disappointed with Kleiza, whose shot was off. It seemed like he wasn't taking the game seriously.

Lucas was the best example of team depth. Amir showed how much work any other big is going to have to do to get playing time, because he was the best out their tonight. He should be starting, but the chemistry with Jose is sooo good, maybe yo leave him as the first big off the bench.

Ross definitely a keeper. Great defense. Anderson came back just like the end of the year last season. Not many teams with this kind of depth. Injuries will not be a factor for the Raps.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              I might add that I spent a lot of time watching Fields. Not too impressive offensively but his defence and positioning (which helped his team mates with their games) was superb.

Most frustrated with Davis tonight, but he showed signs. Most disappointed with Kleiza, whose shot was off. It seemed like he wasn't taking the game seriously.

Lucas was the best example of team depth. Amir showed how much work any other big is going to have to do to get playing time, because he was the best out their tonight. He should be starting, but the chemistry with Jose is sooo good, maybe yo leave him as the first big off the bench.

Ross definitely a keeper. Great defense. Anderson came back just like the end of the year last season. Not many teams with this kind of depth. Injuries will not be a factor for the Raps.
                              Injuries will be a factor. It's nice to have depth but, we have starters for a reason. We need them on the court to win games. I found ED played well 10 rebounds in 18 mins. He missed a couple chippies at the rim and free throws. I found the officiating really bad and he got his fair share of it.
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Injuries will be a factor. It's nice to have depth but, we have starters for a reason. We need them on the court to win games. I found ED played well 10 rebounds in 18 mins. He missed a couple chippies at the rim and free throws. I found the officiating really bad and he got his fair share of it.
                                Injuries is always gonna be a down factor for ANY team regardless of their team status, but it won't hurt this team AS bad as it would a Boston team, or New York team, or Los Angeles. Competition at every position, and if one guy isn't able to play due to injury, there will not be a huge drop-off in comparison to Kobe/Meeks etc.

John Lucas is very capable of being a spot starter, and no doubt he is a very good back-up. He proved it tonight, and I really believed he had the better game on both ends over Calderon. Fields and Kleiza weren't having great offensive games, but Derozan and Ross played a good amount together, and proved to work very well. Not to mention Anderson and McGuire did some really nice things tonight.

Bargnani wasn't spectacular either, he had a number of miscues, but Ed came in and continued the rebounding Gray had in the first couple, and Amir was the best big tonight easily.

All in all, this is going to be a very competitive team, and we have to take in to account, that there aren't very many teams as crisp and smooth as Real Madrid, so it was a great test right out of the gate to test the Raptors' defense. I honestly believe the Raptors would've lost this game if they did not have the athleticism too just out-run Real Madrid. The energy of Ross, Amir, and Lucas won the game tonight. A slow team would not get it done against an offense like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X