No announcement yet.

DeRoZan is top 10 in opp. PER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demar is a good player and has earned every cent he makes. His defence is not too bad either. He can be the starting SG on almost any team in the NBA. His value is very good and Raps. will be wise in trading him for a good player.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      Kid can't catch a break on this forum.
      Trust me, bruv. It's one of the reasons I seldomly come on here. There's nothing but negativity for our players, even when they do good and/or surpass expectations. Facts vs. uneducated guesses is the everyday, here. We always seem to "know more than people who live/sleep/employed by the team". Grain of salt, and keep it moving, is all I do. No matter what we say, DD has gotten better. Like the saying goes: "Numbers don't lie, people do".
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        In the words of charles Barkley "Stats dont mean a thing"
        Charles Barkley is a dumbass....

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
          Trust me, bruv. It's one of the reasons I seldomly come on here. There's nothing but negativity for our players, even when they do good and/or surpass expectations. Facts vs. uneducated guesses is the everyday, here. We always seem to "know more than people who live/sleep/employed by the team". Grain of salt, and keep it moving, is all I do. No matter what we say, DD has gotten better. Like the saying goes: "Numbers don't lie, people do".
          And that's one of the reasons I don't come here - the rose-coloured glasses view of the Raptors, where JV is a future Dwight Howard (really, I've seen it here) and every Raptor is a future all-star.

The Raptors aren't good in large part because the players aren't good enough. That isn't their fault, but it's also no reason to stop being objective.

DD is better. He's a gym rat who works hard plus he's getting more calls these days. But his limitations are the same as they were in his rookie year and his ceiling is obvious.

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
            Copywryter wrote: View Post
            And that's one of the reasons I don't come here - the rose-coloured glasses view of the Raptors, where JV is a future Dwight Howard (really, I've seen it here) and every Raptor is a future all-star.

The Raptors aren't good in large part because the players aren't good enough. That isn't their fault, but it's also no reason to stop being objective.

DD is better. He's a gym rat who works hard plus he's getting more calls these days. But his limitations are the same as they were in his rookie year and his ceiling is obvious.
            One complains about the negativity, the other about players being way overrated. You both give those as reasons (maybe among others) why you don't come here (often). It's similar to some posters talking about "everybody" says this or that... It's bollocks, there is no consensus opinion (save maybe partly on Bargnani).

There is a lot of diversity on here. About almost any player you can find very diverse opinions. You can be annoyed by people claiming (book it!) that DeRozan will be an allstar; you can be annoyed by people saying DeRozan is one of the worst defenders in the league. You can all find it here. Most of the time, the consensus on the forum is that, whatever opinion you hold, you have to be able to back up your opinion with some form of argumentation. That makes this a good forum. I, at least, think it's very hard to find a better one.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              Kid can't catch a break on this forum.
              I'm glad that he had a good personal year. That way, it would be much easier for the team to trade him to the Clippers for Eric Bledsoe AND Jamal Crawford!
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                I'm glad that he had a good personal year. That way, it would be much easier for the team to trade him to the Clippers for Eric Bledsoe AND Jamal Crawford!
                Yes please. we would shoot up the east. lowry would have to go but that would be an awesome trade.

Comment

God no. If I have to explain myself Google is not your friend. That, and no way in hell Bledsoe is going anywhere unless it's a salary dump.

Comment

DeRozan could post 30 ppg on 52% shooting with 6rpg and 8apg and people here would still complain about the guy.....Its disgusting.

Comment

The fact that Demar has essentially the same defensive rating as Tony Allen is enough to tell me that this stat is completely meaningless.
                      "Stop eating your sushi."
                      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

There are a multiple of problems with a single stat.

1) This stat does not pass the eye test - in other words if you watch the game you know DD is not a great defender.

2) His defensive rating at Basketball-Reference.com is 110. At NBA.com it is 104.3. Neither are good.

3) His net on court/off court is negative.

4) His win share per theNBAgeek.com is still below average but to his credit he has raised it to +3.4 this season after +1.7/+1.7/-1.4 in his 1st/2nd/3rd seasons.

5) The statistic does not factor in who he guards. DeRozan rarely to never guards the other teams best perimeter player.

So when looking at a single stat, yes, awesome, way to go DeMar! But when looking at a bigger picture he is not a good defensive player.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          DeRozan could post 30 ppg on 52% shooting with 6rpg and 8apg and people here would still complain about the guy.....Its disgusting.
                          He could never post those numbers so keep dreaming. He's a great offensive player but he is very inconsistent with his D. One night he plays above average defense and another night he's completely lost

Comment

DD's defense is not my issue.. it's weak but if you had a guy with subpar defense you'd want it to be one of the guard's. My concern is his inconsistency on offense, and how his game relies too much on the mid-range shot. In basketball (especially in the playoffs) you need an easy score. The highest percentage shot in the game is a dunk.

Derozan knows how to dunk, but he rarely ever does it.

Comment

Comments like Matt52's are a perfect example of why comments like thead's "This is a perfect example of why I find stats flawed." are moronic.

@Rapstor4Life: How delusional do you have to be to believe that? Statistically, he would be LeBron and I guarantee every single Raptors fan would love for DeRozan to produce like that. What a terrible argument and (I think) you know it.
                              Last edited by TRX; Tue Apr 23, 2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                                There are a multiple of problems with a single stat.

1) This stat does not pass the eye test - in other words if you watch the game you know DD is not a great defender.

2) His defensive rating at Basketball-Reference.com is 110. At NBA.com it is 104.3. Neither are good.

3) His net on court/off court is negative.

4) His win share per theNBAgeek.com is still below average but to his credit he has raised it to +3.4 this season after +1.7/+1.7/-1.4 in his 1st/2nd/3rd seasons.

5) The statistic does not factor in who he guards. DeRozan rarely to never guards the other teams best perimeter player.

So when looking at a single stat, yes, awesome, way to go DeMar! But when looking at a bigger picture he is not a good defensive player.
                                Don't forget general positional weakness....

There's a reason so many guys at the top (some of them pretty average or even bad defenders) are wings, especially SGs (the weakest position in the league right now). SG especially is one weak-ass position. Basically if your opponent has a bad shooting night, he's not likely to contribute in another way, or at least much less likely to than bigs, PGs, or SF (which is a the stronger of the wing positions).

Comment

Working...
                                X