Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors: Nuggets/Knicks Trade Done Deal (See Post #151)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Wants Five Knicks Plus Pick In Carmelo Trade

The Nuggets have asked for all of the Knicks' best young prospects in a deal for Carmelo Anthony.

Denver is demanding Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Landry Fields, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov and a first-round pick (obtained by trading Anthony Randolph) in exchange for Anthony and Chauncey Billups.

"They want everything," a league source said. "The Knicks didn't even have to sit down and talk about that offer. It's not even logistically possible. They'd have two miserable stars with nothing around them."

"Maybe they [the Nuggets] just don't want to do it," the source said. "Didn't they do that with the Nets? When you keep asking for more until you say no, maybe you don't want to do it. Maybe they want to go to the playoffs with Anthony and call [Anthony's] bluff on June 30th."
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Carmelo_Trade

Wow, Nuggets aren't going to get a trade done at all at this rate.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
      http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap..._Carmelo_Trade

Wow, Nuggets aren't going to get a trade done at all at this rate.
      And I bet the Nuggets are just fine with that.
      The ownership has shown to have the best interests of the franchise in mind, regardless of what Melo wants. The fan base will be satisfied either way I imagine.

Comment

• Nets/Nuggets Reach Tentative Agreement - Awaiting Melo's Agreement To An Extension

The Nets and Nuggets have reached a tentative agreement on a deal involving Anthony, multiple NBA sources told The Record. The deal is pending Anthony agreeing to sign a three-year, $65 million contract extension.

If Anthony says yes, the Nets will get Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Sheldon Williams, Melvin Ely and Renaldo Balkman from the Nuggets. In turn, the Nets will send Devin Harris, Derrick Favors, Troy Murphy, Ben Uzoh and four first-round picks to Denver.

The Nets won’t do the trade unless Anthony agrees to the extension. They’re expected to meet with him during this All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles to try and convince him to join them.

Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov, general manager Billy King, CEO Brett Yormark and part-owner Jay-Z are in Los Angeles and likely will meet with Anthony to try and sell him on the future of the franchise and the move to Brooklyn.
        Source: NorthJersey.com

Comment

• The Nuggets are expected to move Murphy and his $12 million expiring contract to a third team and sweeten the deal with one or two of the Nets’ draft picks.
          http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...honynets021711

Yes please. I'd take Troy Murphy for two draft picks. Unfortunately, now that the Raps have Ajinca, they can't use their TPE, so, they'd have to send back players, which makes it significantly unlikely.

That is...unfortunate.

Comment

• wow, 4 first round draft picks!

Comment

• Apparently, of those 4 picks, one is this year's Lakers pick. Another is a conditional Warrior's pick for next year. I assume that conditional means lotto protected, but I could be wrong about that.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                Apparently, of those 4 picks, one is this year's Lakers pick. Another is a conditional Warrior's pick for next year. I assume that conditional means lotto protected, but I could be wrong about that.
                One is a Houston pick too that is lottery protected for 6 years.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Thanks for explaining that guys.

Comment

• Any word on whether New Jerseys pick from this year would be included? I'd hope not. Or hope SO for that matter actually.. haha

Comment

• The Knicks are once again front-runners. They offered Gallinari, 4 first round picks, Eddy Curry, Raymond Felton and a bunch of other players for Melo, Billups and a bunch of other players. Seems like a good trade. Gallinari is a beast, Felton has been having a career year, Curry is $10m worth off the books, and they get 4 picks.

Comment

• Apparently, because the Knicks offered a choice between either Landry or Gallinari, the Nuggets prefer taking Landry and Mozgov. So that would leave Gallinari in NY. Don't get it really, Gallinari is big, young, athletic and could replace Melo, at least for the scoring and free-throws.

Comment

• The Knicks are absolute morons for trying to make a move here IMO. They can just land him as a UFA after this season and not give up anybody!!! But no, they wanna give up 3 starters and some picks? sooooooooo boneheaded!
                          Last edited by Mack North; Sun Feb 20, 2011, 04:51 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                            The Knicks are absolute morons for trying to make a move here IMO. They can just land his a UFA after this season and not give up anybody!!! But no, they wanna give up 3 starters and some picks? sooooooooo boneheaded!
                            Would they have enough room to make a run at him though? And no one knows what the rules are going to be for free agency going forward. If they end up putting in the "Franchise Player" system, then Denver wins by just waiting this whole thing out.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                              The Knicks are absolute morons for trying to make a move here IMO. They can just land his a UFA after this season and not give up anybody!!! But no, they wanna give up 3 starters and some picks? sooooooooo boneheaded!
                              Have you seen the Nets' offer? It would cripple them forever. I think these two teams are going way to far to get Melo. He's not even young anymore, he's reached his max potential.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                Have you seen the Nets' offer? It would cripple them forever. I think these two teams are going way to far to get Melo. He's not even young anymore, he's reached his max potential.
                                The NBA stands for National Bonehead Association. The league is becoming a joke and players are declaring intentions to sign elsewhere while still under contract! Please read Deron's latest declaration.

Both the owners and its players are an absolute joke. No other league has this kind of nonsense!
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X