Game #17: Toronto Raptors 103 - Golden State Warriors 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p00ka wrote: View Post
    Matt52, I want this team to win and be much better too, but I'm talking about the bashing of the best thing we have, and in this thread, the taunting of fellow fans that like and support him, over such inconsequential part of that loss. If you think rebounding was a major factor, despite having out-rebounded them, then have a look at the bigs, who got totally dominated in the disastrous 4th qtr. I mean shit, our "future", JV, was getting embarrassed by 3" vertical old man JO. DeMar's lack of rebounding numbers was the least of issues in that game, yet some of you used it to taunt his supporters, most of whom are just as dispirited as you from that game. Not cool, man.

Edit: Oh wait, you're not dispirited about that game. It's exactly the kind of result you want. You just thought it would be fun to taunt those that are dispirited, over some minor fact that had little if anything to do with the result. Still not cool, man
    Bashing DeRozan and expressing concerns as a fan about the holes in his game are different things.

The fact DD is the best player on the roster is irrelevant. The team sucks as constructed. DeRozan is a big part of the construction.

Who is taunting? I think you have a cognitive distortion. Go back and check the threads after 'wins' over Memphis, Utah, Philly, and Milwaukee. What is taunting about he had zero rebounds the entire game? HE HAD NO REBOUNDS! Criticizing a 5th year guard with as many holes in his game and a lack of consistency such as DeRozan is not taunting; it is being fed up with mediocrity.... hell no. It isn't even mediocrity: it is being a bottom 3 team over the history of the team. This team and franchise is an absolute joke.

As I've said all along as the Raptors win and lose, people post based on most recent history. All the people wanting to win now and worry about the future later will be back full of bravado as soon as the Raptors beat whoever, whenever. It won't change the fact this team sucks and is a laughingstock... 13 of its 18 year existence.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      planetmars, be careful about those age studies.

http://arturogalletti.wordpress.com/...dern-medicine/

Galletti's work here is still solid, I believe, and covers all players drafted from 1977 that played a minimum of ten seasons at greater than >400 MP, though everyone acknowledges survivor bias becomes an issue past about age 31. One thing is clear from the trends: peak age is increasing, even accounting for selection bias.

In Derozan's case, I would only say that he is a difficult guy to evaluate properly but that I have no real criticisms of him this year. He's played well as far as I am concerned.
      Hmm.

This makes for three suspect Dave Berri studies I've come across recently.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Yep definitely, RR fans care more than NBA players who are by comparison, indifferent to the result of the game.

*rolls eyes*

Comment

• Nosike wrote: View Post
          Yep definitely, RR fans care more than NBA players who are by comparison, indifferent to the result of the game.

*rolls eyes*
          What kind of person actually types *rolls eyes*? Are you a 12 yr old girl?

Once again you ignore the question, provide zero evidence or justification for your posts and, in general, come across as a complete prick.

Demar isn't putting in the effort to correct his play. He could easily go after rebounds. He could easily defend. He has the athleticism. He has no excuses except himself. Same for Gay. Same for Lowry. Same for Amir (last night). Demar is the best player on this team which is the sad state of affairs we find ourselves in. He either needs to lead or get the heck out of the way and let someone else do it.
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I need to go on other forums and see if they hate their players this bad. I'd also like to know what standard you hold DeMar too. It seems like some of the guys here won't be satisfied till DD is an all- NBA 1st team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              I need to go on other forums and see if they hate their players this bad. I'd also like to know what standard you hold DeMar too. It seems like some of the guys here won't be satisfied till DD is an all- NBA 1st team.

Why is it wrong to demand a player to play defence? Why is it wrong to demand a player rebounds? Why is it wrong to demand a player plays to the best of his abilities? Defence and rebounding are comprised of athleticism, awareness and will power. Demar has the athleticism. He can study film and practice to develop his awareness. The will power is 100% on him.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Why is it wrong to demand a player to play defence? Why is it wrong to demand a player rebounds? Why is it wrong to demand a player plays to the best of his abilities? Defence and rebounding are comprised of athleticism, awareness and will power. Demar has the athleticism. He can study film and practice to develop his awareness. The will power is 100% on him.
                You make a great point but except for the last 12 mins were a good rebounding team. Usually their aren't that many boards to go after.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

You make a great point but except for the last 12 mins were a good rebounding team. Usually their aren't that many boards to go after.

GSW had 4 offensive rebounds in the 4th quarter. 4-0 in rebounds in our own end of the court. That is inexcusable.

Comment

GSW had 4 offensive rebounds in the 4th quarter. 4-0 in rebounds in our own end of the court. That is inexcusable.
                    For the whole team. Why is everybody putting it on DD? It's kind of hard to go back for rebounds when your running out to contest Klay Thompson.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I didn't see the game but...how is it possible to not only lose such a large lead in the second half of the game...and still end up losing by almost double digits? I can get losing the large lead, sometimes teams get hot...but to then lose by almost double digits? How is it possible for a team to score 42 points in a quarter? Some teams can't get that in a half, much less a quarter.

I mean, how is it actually possible? I just ... don't understand it.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

For the whole team. Why is everybody putting it on DD? It's kind of hard to go back for rebounds when your running out to contest Klay Thompson.

Ugh we aren't simply putting it on DD. His name came up for 2 reasons.

1. We literally talked about his rebounding yesterday and debated how good of a rebounder he is.

2. Demar is the best player. Gay clearly isn't the guy to lead this team. Demar has been here for years and it's his job to lead. Lowry gets a partial pass due to a possible concussion.

Comment

1. We literally talked about his rebounding yesterday and debated how good of a rebounder he is.

2. Demar is the best player. Gay clearly isn't the guy to lead this team. Demar has been here for years and it's his job to lead. Lowry gets a partial pass due to a possible concussion.
                          How'd that happen?
                          "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                          "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Well thanks for clearing up your statement. It seem like y'all were putting the loss on DD for not having a board. Even though he was guard the league leader in 3 pointers made. He was probably told not to help off him the whole game. No way anyone would make such a foolish statement. Thanks

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                              How'd that happen?
                              Collision with Bogut. I think it was in the 3rd.

Comment

• @Justis

A significant reason is taking quick shots. When a team has a significant lead like the Raps did and the PG does not control the ball and game when in possession then something like this happens. Its a rarity for sure but shows how not in control the whole team and the coach was (who again did not call time outs when needed to stop momentum amongst other exhortations).

Comment

Working...
                                X