Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexis Ajinca - Are we sleeping on the kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

j bean wrote: View Post
    He plays nothing like Amir or Ed. He doesn't fight for position down low, hasn't shown a post up game or a real nose for rebounding and is mediocre knocking down open shots. Nobody is jumping up and down about his defensive game so in other words he is a project that could become what eventually?
    A 4th big on a good team, who can play 10-20 minutes a night. Essentially, what he's playing now, except for the good team part.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I always worry when I see a 7 footer just camp out at the 3 point line. Bargs has the same problem. If you're that tall you need to go into the paint and play with the big boys. If you're a center, then go to the paint. Height does only a little at the 3 point line, they're asset is their height which is better used down low. If he wants to stay, then he needs to play where God built him to play.

Comment

Ajinca = 3rd string center on a good team.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I guess the concept of a 'stretch' big is lost on albertan_10.

For the record, the idea is that, if you big can play outside the paint, the guy checking him will have to come out too, which opens up space for your other big or for a wing to drive.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
            Ajinca = 3rd string center on a good team.
            Pfft. 3rd string center on a BAD team.

Comment

If he came back next season with huge ass shoulders like dwight howard i'd keep him. Otherwise like Jack armstrong would say
              "GET THAT GARBAGE OUTTA HERE!"

Comment

Ajinca need some of that LeBron steroids
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I think this kid is a guy you park on the end of the bench and let him learn for a couple more seasons. I hope they keep him. It shouldn't cost much.

Comment

I admit Ajinca had a bad game (but who didn't?) and no he'll learn by playing 10+ minutes a game. He had 2.5 seasons to learn on the bench in Charlotte and Dallas, the dude needs to play.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                      I admit Ajinca had a bad game (but who didn't?) and no he'll learn by playing 10+ minutes a game. He had 2.5 seasons to learn on the bench in Charlotte and Dallas, the dude needs to play.
                      The guy has a frame like that and has been in NBA for 2.5 season and my arms and shoulders are bigger and more defined than his !!! This tells me he is not putting in any time in the gym to work on his body. I have seen him the last few games and not even one post move .

Comment

I like the fact that the guy is a legit 7 footer, and a real center, not a PF trying to play center. When he first came, I was hoping that we might be able to play him as C and slide Bargnani over to the PF (Not sure if that is such a great idea anymore with emergence of Amir). But he has not shown me enough on the defensive side of the ball, his rebounding isnt that good either, he does have a good shot, but our team doesnt need another jump shooter.

He needs to hit the gym, become more aggressive as a defender and a rebounder, and their may be a place for him, otherwise thanks for the offer but ill have to pass.
                        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Woke up last night around 4, and realized that I totally WAS sleeping on Alexis Ajinca. Was the weirdest thing.

Comment

He's a legit 7 footer and he has girth and a bit of a mean streak, but he needs to be told of his role. I cringe whenever I see the guy shooting 17-18 foot jump shots. I would like to see him play more of a defensive role and be a traditional centre. At this point, I'd rather see Alabi get some time and see what he can do, especially on defense.

Comment

Guy's a Channing Frye wannabe.
                              It's about money

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                                Guy's a Channing Frye wannabe.
                                yup he sucks just like channing frye.

Comment

Working...
                                X