No announcement yet.

What is our Playoff Theme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm old enough to have seen our 4th quarter theme before. It's Wrestlemania, it's Hulk Hogan. 4th quarter, Stripes is laying a beating on the Raptor. Suddenly, those chops to the chest are just pissing him off. He gets up, shaking his head, eyes all crazy like. He starts Hulking up, nothing hurts him. He goes clothesline on Stripes, rips off the jersey (revealing the retro jersey underneath) and drops the big leg on him. Have the crowd wearing Raptormania jerseys to rip off as we stage an improbable comeback. Jimi Hendrix cranked loud and we get the win. Watcha gonna do?

Comment

Pound the Rock!!!!!

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
        Only thing I find a bit strange about the #winteriscoming idea is that an ice age wiped out Raptors from existence. Not that I have a better idea, it just seems like a bad omen!
        It's only in the movies where hominids and dinosaurs co-existed

Comment

The white-out effect should be the theme to focus on the north side identity (as we can't really use red with all the red based opponents, and purple's still another year away)

Last edited by gametime; Tue Mar 25, 2014, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Whiteout reminds me too much of Miami and their silly bandwagon fans, and I don't like Miami.

Comment

Miami's extremely wide staircases don't look good on TV. Even with sellouts, they look like empty seats.

Comment

i prefer all black.
                i know the blake drake shirts were meant to make the whole arena a huge dark and terrifying place for teams to come to. even KD mentioned after that heartbreaker double OT game that he said he didn't think he could stand another OT at the ACC with the crowd we had.

my friend from work was at the game. hes normally a leafs fan and doesn't get into bball much at all, but apparently hes NEVER seen a sports crowd go nuts like they did at that game. bball is taking over, baby!

can't imagine how playoffs will be!

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                  i prefer all black.
                  i know the blake drake shirts were meant to make the whole arena a huge dark and terrifying place for teams to come to. even KD mentioned after that heartbreaker double OT game that he said he didn't think he could stand another OT at the ACC with the crowd we had.

my friend from work was at the game. hes normally a leafs fan and doesn't get into bball much at all, but apparently hes NEVER seen a sports crowd go nuts like they did at that game. bball is taking over, baby!

can't imagine how playoffs will be!
                  That's fine as long as we don't face the Nets.

Comment

I thought the Drake shirts looked really underwhelming, but that could also be because not everyone wore them. Still expecting it to look way better than it did though.

Red and White ftw.

Comment

I think a lot of franchise's do the white thing. Wasn't it GSW that had all the towel waving? White is common across a lot of sports...it wasn't so long ago that most home teams in both the NBA and NHL, at least, wore white at all their home games. I understand this has changed, but something more novel and unique would be great. I think the purple would be awesome, but maybe we are a year too early for that. If everyone in the ACC was wearing purple, or waving a purple towel, well that would be a little different anyways. But I guess without purple jerseys it would be stupid.

Comment

Yeh I'd be all for purple, or like white shirts with purple writing and purple towels, would look epic. But it doesn't fit.

Yet.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                          Haha taken directly from Wikipedia! I guess as long as the theme isn't #ChicxulubCratersAreComing then we're ok, omen wise.
                          Actually I didn't even use Wikipedia...I'm a geologist and have had to memorize the extinction events as well as the geologic time scale so I just spit it out.

Went and checked out the wiki page you mentioned though...very similar.lol Guess there are only a few ways to state scientifically accepted fact. Completely different than interpreting certain short story books that have such a large impact on society and that teaches them false knowledge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cretace...tinction_event

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          Yeh I'd be all for purple, or like white shirts with purple writing and purple towels, would look epic. But it doesn't fit.

Yet.
                          Can't wait for the purple to do a comeback...but yes this year is not the year. Although having the purple towels I think is totally plausible for this season as a bit of a homage to the early days. An all white background with purple towels would look crazy cool.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I think a lot of franchise's do the white thing. Wasn't it GSW that had all the towel waving? White is common across a lot of sports...it wasn't so long ago that most home teams in both the NBA and NHL, at least, wore white at all their home games. I understand this has changed, but something more novel and unique would be great. I think the purple would be awesome, but maybe we are a year too early for that. If everyone in the ACC was wearing purple, or waving a purple towel, well that would be a little different anyways. But I guess without purple jerseys it would be stupid.
                            Warriors wore yellow. Memphis had the towels.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                              Can't wait for the purple to do a comeback...but yes this year is not the year. Although having the purple towels I think is totally plausible for this season as a bit of a homage to the early days. An all white background with purple towels would look crazy cool.
                              Agreed. They already show the "purple XX logo" throughout the games at centre court, so the purple towels with white shirts would still work and lead in nicely to next season.

Comment

We need cowbells lol they actually work. It will make it difficult for the opposing team to focus with all that noise.
                                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Working...
                                X