Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember your past draft preferences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you remember your past draft preferences?

Me and my buddy were talking about this the other day. And thinking about it, if was the GM of the Raps we probably would be a contending team by now

2004 was a joke. I still have no idea why they took Araujo. Iguodala was the obvious pick there.

I remember back in 06 i wanted the Raps to take Gay #1 overall. Didn't want Bargnani because we already had Bosh.

Back in 05 i wanted them to draft Gerald Green 7th overall and Danny Granger 16th overall. They ended up that year with Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham

2004 - Andre Iguodala
    2005 - Gerald Green and Danny Granger
    2006 - Rudy Gay
    2009 - DeMar DeRozan
    2010 - Ed Davis
    2011 - Bismack Biyombo
    2012 - Austin Rivers

My only regret here is Biyombo. Colangelo made the right pick selecting Valanciunas in 2011.
    Mamba Mentality

I know in 2011 I really wanted Kemba Walker. But part of that is that I'm also a UConn fan and had zero knowledge of Jonas.
    Biggest Raptors fan from the Land Down Under

@alexhaggispinch

Toronto Raptors
    Sydney Swans, Melbourne Storm
    Dallas Cowboys, Dallas Stars, LA Angels of Anaheim

Comment

Great thread idea!

2006: Brandon Roy or Rudy Gay --> the league was becoming wing-dominant and I thought they would be best compliment to Bosh (Bargnani was my 3rd choice, buying into the Dirk-lite hype)

2009: Tyreke Evans, or else DeMar DeRozan (Ricky Rubio was 2nd choice after Evans, hoping uncertainty caused him to drop) --> they still hadn't addressed their wing positions, or a future pass-first PG replacement for Calderon (to be mentored by his countyman)

2010: Derrick Favors --> to replace Bosh, but I knew the Raps had no chance without moving up. I was actually hoping for the Raps to trade down to draft Avery Bradley (who they were apparently high on too), while picking up an additional asset in the process.

2011: Derrick Williams (if he could play SF) or else Jonas Valanciunas (was also really high on Kawhi Leonard, but he would have been a huge reach @ #5, unless they traded down and picked up an additional asset in the process)

2012: Bradley Beal, Harrison Barnes or Damian Lillard --> they still hadn't addressed their wing positions, or a solid PG
      Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Nov 16, 2012, 06:23 PM.

Comment

2005: Danny Granger. I wanted him badly. For some reason I knew he was a steal
        2006: If I remember correctly, Barg was my fav
        2009: Derozan
        2010: didn't care. Just realizing now how weak that draft really was
        2011: Brandon Knight
        2012: wanted Waiters, but after he was taken I was hoping for Lamb, PJ3 or Drummond
        Last edited by wallz; Sat Nov 17, 2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

2005: Granger
          2006: Roy
          2009: DeRozan
          2010: Hoped for Hayward, but once taken Bradley or Bledsoe
          2011: Hoped for Kanter, but once taken JV (wanted a center)
          2012: Anyone drafted 1-7, after that was a toss up between Lamb and PJ3

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            2004 - Andre Iguodala
            2006 - Rudy Gay
            2009 - DeMar DeRozan
            2010 - Ed Davis
            2011 - Bismack Biyombo
            2012 - Austin Rivers
            A) is who I wished for. B) is who I wanted once they were gone

2004: A) Shaun Livingston B) Al Jefferson
            2005: A/B) Gerald Green (I was hard up for him....so I was really really wrong there and really pissed when we passed on him twice)
            2006: A) & obviously B) Aldridge
            2009: A) James Harden B) Brandon Jennings
            2010: A) DeMarcus Cousins B) Patrick Patterson
            2011: A/B) Brandon Knight
            2012: A) Lillard B) Drummond

Comment

Royce White was near the top of my list last June. He's a talent, but that would have have been one of the worst Raptor picks ever.

Comment

We passed on Gerald Green cause he said he didn't want to be picked by or play for Toronto. And you call yourself raptor fans

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  We passed on Gerald Green cause he said he didn't want to be picked by or play for Toronto. And you call yourself raptor fans
                  Ya I remember, and I didn't care, I was blown away by his dunking ability, I just wanted him in uniform and then he'd just learn to love it here.

Although it makes sense, guys who refuse to play for teams before they've even been drafted don't have the greatest record of success.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Me and my buddy were talking about this the other day. And thinking about it, if was the GM of the Raps we probably would be a contending team by now

2004 was a joke. I still have no idea why they took Araujo. Iguodala was the obvious pick there.

I remember back in 06 i wanted the Raps to take Gay #1 overall. Didn't want Bargnani because we already had Bosh.

Back in 05 i wanted them to draft Gerald Green 7th overall and Danny Granger 16th overall. They ended up that year with Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham

2004 - Andre Iguodala
                    2006 - Rudy Gay
                    2009 - DeMar DeRozan
                    2010 - Ed Davis
                    2011 - Bismack Biyombo
                    2012 - Austin Rivers

My only regret here is Biyombo. Colangelo made the right pick selecting Valanciunas in 2011.

2005: marvin williams because I love nc as much as I love the raps
                    2006:rudy gay
                    2007:didn't realize we didn't have a pck
                    2008j mayo
                    2009:james hardn
                    2010:ed davis
                    2011:derrick williams
                    2012ne we got 8th I thought the pick should have been traded
                    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Great Idea.

2006 - Rudy Gay/Foye.

2009- I was really high on Jrue Holiday and really, REALLY wanted the Raps to pick him. THought hed be a great pick for the raps...plus he now wouldnt have to deal with derozan

2010- Avery Bradley/ Bledsoe. Again, i really hated the fact that jose/jack was our starting pg. Thought we shouldve brought in a young pg to develop and then eventually take over.

2011- Kemba. Same idea, hated jose. I mean how can we play team defence when our first line of defence is jose. really!!!

2012- Drummond or Lamb. Physical tools is to much to pass. Lamb is just a great shooter and everyone, i mean EVERYONE on the raps brass said they wanted a shooter.

Comment

2004 okafor. thought he would end up better than howard, my bad. after that wanted jefferson and then we drafted araujo and i thought maybe bobcock knows more than i do but i was very wrong again

2005 (i love boguts game now but then i hated how disrespectful and prickish he was coming off) wanted ray felton

2006 bc had me at hello and i wanted bargs after watching a bunch of his tape. looked great, young kid already named the magician, big wood and thought we hit the jackpot. when we actually won one of the weakest drafts at the top i can remember

2007 oden haha. knew yi would suck after watching him here for a few years and he is all about fame 狗屁. liked noah as well but not his hair.

2008 liked rose over beasley. remember i was happy we got oneal.

2009 hansborough loved him at nc

2010 turner. and then i was with chisholm for henry and bradley.

2011 kyrie. was so let down when we didn't win the lottery. kemba and was angry we passed on him

2012 if we won wanted to trade down to 2 and get mkg. mkg. mkg. then lilliard and then barnes. wasn't angry with ross and was happy it wasn't rivers/drummond or pj3. with the acy pick i really wanted quicy miller and with the last one i wanted machado
                        Last edited by Miekenstien; Fri Nov 16, 2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

iggy, gay, granger, demar....that would be soooo damn fun.

Comment

This past draft i was really hopin Harrison Barnes would fall to us at 8th. Still pissed that we lost out on him because of a freakin coin flip. Warriors are so lucky.

Barnes in my opinion is going to be the Rudy Gay of this draft. Just watch. Highly regarded player coming out of HS but had a horrible NCAA Tournament. Main reason why his stock dropped. But this guy has so much talent and like DeRozan his work ethic is legendary and he wants to be great.

I made a lot of BOLD prediction in this boards, here's another one: Harrison Barnes is going to be the best player in this draft.
                            Last edited by The Great One; Sat Nov 17, 2012, 12:13 AM.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

2012 : Drummond
                              2011 : I wanted Kawhi myself. I'm quite happy with BC picking Jonas.
                              2010 : Bledsoe :P
                              2009: Jennings. still a big fan :P

Comment

Working...
                              X