Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilson Chandler to Toronto? Forget about it (473)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the Raptors have to get the offer to him tomorrow then don't they need to have a trade worked out today so there is time for the league to review and approve it? Making a trade tomorrow would be living on the edge in terms of meeting the deadlines.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
      I'd like Chandler. But not replacing Demar to a lesser role where he can't develop.
      Meh, right now I'm higher on Johnson than Derozen. If defense is key than Chandler and JJ on the wings is a very solid set up.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Phew, future mediocrity (for the time being) averted. I still have no idea what you guys seen in Wilson Chandler.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
          Phew, future mediocrity (for the time being) averted. I still have no idea what you guys seen in Wilson Chandler.
          I can't speak for anyone else but I see a versatile, 2-way, 24 year old NBA starter. He is not your 1st or 2nd option (maybe not even 3rd) but he can play SG and SF on O and guard 2, 3, and 4 on D. He is the epitome of a glue guy and he is, overall, better than anything currently on the roster. If you look around the league at the contracts for wings, $7-8M would not be obscene and $5-6M would be a steal.

Just letting you in on what I see - obviously doesn't make it fact.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I can't speak for anyone else but I see a versatile, 2-way, 24 year old NBA starter. He is not your 1st or 2nd option (maybe not even 3rd) but he can play SG and SF on O and guard 2, 3, and 4 on D. He is the epitome of a glue guy and he is, overall, better than anything currently on the roster. If you look around the league at the contracts for wings, $7-8M would not be obscene and $5-6M would be a steal.

Agreed. I'm more surprised when people say they DON'T see much in Chandler...

Comment

• Yeah, it's pretty short bus.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Chandler has similar numbers to Andre Iguodala

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...ler-505/stats/ check his most recent season stats

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...Iguodala-2918/

Now I know that Iggy is better defensively and has more passes but Chandler actually averaged more blocks, and that was even after his drop off when he played with the nuggets. BUT Iggy is getting paid 13 million(I know overpaid) this year and is 4 years older than Wilson.

Chandler could improve but even if he doesn't and gives us the numbers advertised he is worth a contract for 7-9 million a year given that he does have a chance to improve.
                Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

If you look around the league at the contracts for wings, $7-8M would not be obscene and $5-6M would be a steal.
                  I think this is where the crux of the debate over WC comes from. If Toronto (or anyone else) gets him for $5-6M, that would indeed be a steal and they should do it. Even at $7M, it might be a decent deal. But more than that, for what you're admitting might not even be a 3rd option on a playoff team? No thanks. And especially no thanks if, in order to manufacture that $8-10M that he's going to demand, you need to make an unbalanced trade and lose a key guy like Calderon.

Batum, I might go to more lengths to try and get. Chandler, I just don't see the same value.

And if last night proved anything, it's that any trade for Calderon simply HAS to bring back a PG who can play out the rest of this year as the starter. Bayless and Carter can't cut it.
                  Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Fully agree. Plus he provides both the lineup versatility and culture/identity shift that BC covets. For $5-8M per season, in his prime, I think he would be a great fit on the Raptors long-term.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      Fully agree. Plus he provides both the lineup versatility and culture/identity shift that BC covets. For $5-8M per season, in his prime, I think he would be a great fit on the Raptors long-term.
                      I don't mind if the Raptors sign Chandler on the cheap but let's not get carried away and pretend Chandler has innate non-measurable abilities which will impact the culture/identity of the team.

Chandler played in China because he did not want to miss a paycheck. I have absolutely no problem with his decision but neither do I see a positive, or negative, culture/identity change by signing such a player.

Comment

• I agree 100%. Colangelo loves guys that can play multiple positions (JJ, LK). Also look at Portland. With Wallace what do you do w Batum? Simple -play 2.
                        I belive this to be good signing at 6.5-8.5 mil. The only question (since WC plays mostly 3 & starts, you could use JJ & LK at 3 & 4) is what do you do with Ed or Amir (at least 1 HAS to go)? Maybe a package of Ed or Amir, Jose & maybe 1st rounder for Rondo or Parker? (Too much?)

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          I don't mind if the Raptors sign Chandler on the cheap but let's not get carried away and pretend Chandler has innate non-measurable abilities which will impact the culture/identity of the team.

Chandler played in China because he did not want to miss a paycheck. I have absolutely no problem with his decision but neither do I see a positive, or negative, culture/identity change by signing such a player.
                          I only meant that Chandler has always seemed to be a hardworking, defense-oriented player, which fits the mold of what BC/Casey are trying to accomplish. I certainly didn't mean to imply that he would be able to do it single-handedly.

Comment

• I like Chandler, but considering how things are going, rumours that Colangelo balked at Chandler's asking price and the time running out on the scenario at this point, I am resigning the fact that WC signs the long-term deal in Denver. That being the case, I am looking more at offering money at Batum RFA this summer. The draft will help to dictate this a little bit, but other than a burning desire to gain another teens pick to grab Lillard or later pick for Kabongo if he declares (offering up Barbosa, Bayless, 2013 1st, any 2nd's), I would be very happy with our bigs rotation (re-signing AGray) and a team of the following with Lillard/Kabongo moving into the starting role when ready, Batum starting at either the SG (if Barnes/MKG/Miller drafted) or SF (if Beal/Lamb drafted).

PG: Calderon, Lillard, FA
                            SG: Batum/DD, Beal?, Forbes
                            SF: Batum/Barnes?, JJ, Kleiza
                            PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
                            C: JVal, AGray, (ED/Amir)

It could work very well. Calderon could re-sign on a lesser contract after next season, or cap space if he declines or gets injured.

I could easily be included among those trading away ED or Amir, but since it is likely teams will be able to dress 13 players next year, the depth and injury protection of that 5 man big rotation with both Kleiza and JJ able to play mins at the 4...ok perhaps we can use one in securing another pick or Batum.

Comment

• When is the deadline for something to happen? Tonight or tomorrow night?

Comment

• Tomorrow night to sign Chandler.

Comment

Working...
                                X