Triano Finally calls out Demar and Barg's Effort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    In the NBA, you're not going to bench one of your best players because of one bad pass. DeRozan gave effort the entire game. When San Antonio started doubling him, he had no idea what to do, probably not having seen a double team since high school. Handling double teams is obviously something DeRozan needs to work on, but that game was the first time I ever remember seeing him doubled.
    I've seen him doubled, but nothing like last night. They smothered him. Patented Spurs aggression. I'm sure DD will learn from it and not let it happen again. He seems to have a lot of pride in his game.

Comment

Bargnani played more minutes than both Amir and Davis. And Dorsey played all of two minutes.

As for playing when your knees are messed up, I don't think you have any idea who you're talking to. I'm currently out with my 4th major knee injury since I was 20. And that's not counting the numerous times my knee(s) simply hurt or I tweaked them. I've played most of my adult life on bad knees. At my age, EVERYTHING hurts when you play. I've played when I couldn't walk up the stairs. I've played with torn ligament in my ankle. I've played with dislocated and broken fingers. I've played with concussions, a fractured orbit bone (so I couldn't feel half my face), a chipped vertebrae (I can't tell you how painful that was), numerous sprains and I always played hard, especially on defense. The only times I have not played is when playing would cause great harm to an injury (and even then sometimes). And I've never once been paid to play basketball. Obviously there were times when I had to alter my game because of some injury, but I never played with the lack of energy that Bargnani did. There were obviously things I could not do that I could normally do, but I always found a way to help my team win.

Playing injured is not an excuse. Believe me. I never, ever want to hear that someone couldn't give full effort because he was injured.
      Sorry man, i know youre hardcore and all and always playing with heart, but you have to understand that these guys dont play just because they want to, or because they bleed basketball, these are professional athletes, they get paid to play. and i know youd probably say that they should be playing harder because theyre getting paid, its actually the opposite, the moment they feel something, they get worried, coz further injury can kill their career in an instant. if they cant play, they dont get paid. with us, we play in a gym, get injured, call in sick to work then come to work the next day. thats it. these guys have to suck it up. so i commend bargs if he is truly injured and still playing eventhough he's not playing to his potential. these guys play 82 games in a year, and practice sometimes 2x a day. give these guys credit. ive played college ball, and ive seen our star players get shots on aching joints, they are able to finish games, but the next day they literally cant walk because thats when the pain kicks in. i think its on the trainers to figure out if their players are really injured. if bargs is injured, i think the team should rest him till he's a 100%. i think he's doing more damage to the team and his body playing through injury.

Comment

1-2 bad passes is ok, but more than that i think it needs to be called out.
        demar had a couple of bad passes but i think it was due to the double team, something he hasnt seen much until now. im not sure if it was leo or matt who said it, but demar is slowly being regarded as a scoring threat now so he should expect double teams and figure out how to get out of them.
        i still hate the throwing up the arms in the air and screaming on touch fouls. he should take care of the ball more and score rather than get the refs attention on possible fouls.
        i dont mind coaches calling out players through the media, as long as they get asked, and not just out of the blue say, oh my player didnt do this or that. if a reporter asks, i think its just fair to answer the question straight up.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          Sorry man, i know youre hardcore and all and always playing with heart, but you have to understand that these guys dont play just because they want to, or because they bleed basketball, these are professional athletes, they get paid to play. and i know youd probably say that they should be playing harder because theyre getting paid, its actually the opposite, the moment they feel something, they get worried, coz further injury can kill their career in an instant. if they cant play, they dont get paid. with us, we play in a gym, get injured, call in sick to work then come to work the next day. thats it. these guys have to suck it up. so i commend bargs if he is truly injured and still playing eventhough he's not playing to his potential. these guys play 82 games in a year, and practice sometimes 2x a day. give these guys credit. ive played college ball, and ive seen our star players get shots on aching joints, they are able to finish games, but the next day they literally cant walk because thats when the pain kicks in. i think its on the trainers to figure out if their players are really injured. if bargs is injured, i think the team should rest him till he's a 100%. i think he's doing more damage to the team and his body playing through injury.
          +1

Comment

1-2 bad passes is ok, but more than that i think it needs to be called out.
            demar had a couple of bad passes but i think it was due to the double team, something he hasnt seen much until now. im not sure if it was leo or matt who said it, but demar is slowly being regarded as a scoring threat now so he should expect double teams and figure out how to get out of them.
            i still hate the throwing up the arms in the air and screaming on touch fouls. he should take care of the ball more and score rather than get the refs attention on possible fouls.
            i dont mind coaches calling out players through the media, as long as they get asked, and not just out of the blue say, oh my player didnt do this or that. if a reporter asks, i think its just fair to answer the question straight up.
            Ohhh the world famous CB4 arm flail touch foul. I hope DD un-learns that trick soon.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
              Ohhh the world famous CB4 arm flail touch foul. I hope DD un-learns that trick soon.
              he got that from Turk too.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                unlike D-rose, when that guy drives, seems like he gets 20 hacks to his arms, face and hands and still manages an and1.

griffin too.

Comment

unlike D-rose, when that guy drives, seems like he gets 20 hacks to his arms, face and hands and still manages an and1.

griffin too.
                  That's true. I see Kobe do it alot too, and everyone's fav, Paul Pierce.

Comment

If Bargnani was really hurting enough that he felt he was in danger of further injury, he should have insisted on sitting. For the good of him AND the team. It's not as if the guy has a history of begging out of games. You either play hard or you don't play. Good players don't play hurt just to be on the floor, even if they are hurting their team. Calderon, Johnson, Bayless and other Raptors have all played injured this year, but all of them found a way to be effective. As I said, that's what good players do.

Besides, this is not just on Bargnani, but Triano, who should have subbed him out early and kept him on the bench. The problem with Bargnani, as I've stated, is he is a one dimensional player. If he's not scoring, he isn't effective. If he could find a way to be effective without scoring, he'd be a far, far better player.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                      The pass he made on the first possession is a mistake that would see you benched in JV ball. A set play was run with the first option being an entry pass to Bargs off a screen - pretty basic stuff - and he F'ed it up.
                      Yeah, he made a bad play. So...

You start benching guys for making mental error all the time and suddenly they're looking over their shoulder all the time and making more and more mistakes.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I love the argument that Bargs should not play injured. The same people will argue that good players will play through their injuries if they can to help the team. Timmy D, Kobe, D Rose, KG, etc. Bargs had a bad 2 games, he is injured, he is trying to help his team win. Cut the guy some slack. EVERYONE played bad last night. Accept it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Yeah, he made a bad play. So...

You start benching guys for making mental error all the time and suddenly they're looking over their shoulder all the time and making more and more mistakes.
                          like when Smitch was here.

Comment

If Bargnani was really hurting enough that he felt he was in danger of further injury, he should have insisted on sitting. For the good of him AND the team. It's not as if the guy has a history of begging out of games. You either play hard or you don't play. Good players don't play hurt just to be on the floor, even if they are hurting their team. Calderon, Johnson, Bayless and other Raptors have all played injured this year, but all of them found a way to be effective. As I said, that's what good players do.

Besides, this is not just on Bargnani, but Triano, who should have subbed him out early and kept him on the bench. The problem with Bargnani, as I've stated, is he is a one dimensional player. If he's not scoring, he isn't effective. If he could find a way to be effective without scoring, he'd be a far, far better player.
                            Agree on blaming Triano, but not all the blame goes to him. he really cant tell if the guy is injured or not, unless a bone is sticking out our he is clearly limping. he should have subbed him out because he was playing badly, injury or not.

Not sure about the 1st one tho. Players who are good, are good, whether they play through injury or not. they have heart, yes. but playing through injury does not make you good. its a moral victory.

Comment

like when Smitch was here.
                              Yeah, as much as I like Sam Mitchell, he had the kids looking over their shoulder at all times. No trouble to tell his mentor was Larry Brown. I think Smitch had a positive impact on expanding Bargnani's game but a negative impact on his confidence.

Comment

Agree on blaming Triano, but not all the blame goes to him. he really cant tell if the guy is injured or not, unless a bone is sticking out our he is clearly limping. he should have subbed him out because he was playing badly, injury or not.

Not sure about the 1st one tho. Players who are good, are good, whether they play through injury or not. they have heart, yes. but playing through injury does not make you good. its a moral victory.
                                Yes, Triano should have subbed Bargnani out whether he was injured or not.

I never said playing through injury made a player good. In fact, I don't blame any player for sitting due to injury. I think more players should learn the lesson Grant Hill unfortunately did. If you ARE going to play, though, be effective or don't play. And Bargnani can't be effective if he's not scoring. And the last two games he couldn't hit a shot. I blame Bargnani for being too one dimensional to not be effective when not scoring, and I blame Triano for letting him play when he clearly was not being effective in any way, shape or form.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X