No announcement yet.

Demar for draft pick poll - don't freak out, read first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we are signing Lowry, Vasquez and 2 Pat, then trading DD away for a draft pick will set us back at least 2-3 years. Who ever we draft, is not going to be as good as DD for at least another 2-3 years ... So for me, either #1 pick or nothing ...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      And you know the Lakers would trade their pick for Derozan in a heartbeat

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
      I doubt it.

Comment

Lakers do not want Lowry, Lakers will not trade their pick for DD. Just listen to ESPN 710 radio station and you would know what they are going after. They have their eyes on Kevin Love and Durant in 2 years.

Comment

I voted #4.

Basically, I'm not convinced anyone below that will truly be able to dominate, and that's what this team needs, and what DeMar may never really be. I probably wouldn't want Embiid, but Wiggins, and Exum are guys I could see becoming able to take over a game. Maybe Parker too.

I could maybe be convinced to go down to #5 for one of Randle or Vonleh, especially Vonleh if Masai is convinced he'll realize his potential....but that's about it. However, I figure if Masai is that sold on Vonleh, I'd just take him at #4 especially instead of Parker.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            I doubt it.
            Depends really on where the pick is. If it's outside of top-5, I can really see the Lakers accepting a DD for pick trade. Do they want to waste Kobe's possibly last 2 seasons waiting for the pick to develop? Derozan is prefect. Local kid, all-star, contract not too taxing. However, would Ujiri take a pick that results in us selecting someone other than Wiggins or Parker but losing Derozan? I think not.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
              I don't disagree (and I'd add Phoenix to that list; they have so many picks this year they can trade themselves back into the 7-12 area of the lottery quite easily, they don't particularly need the top-three pick and if they get a top-three pick they'll also end up getting Minnesota's). But I think in order to pull Wiggins it's either that game plan or it's trading DeMar and a similar raft of picks. Because, really, when we're talking about trading into the lottery like this, we're only talking about Wiggins.
              exactly, unless you get Wiggins, don't trade DD for a pick.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Nice idea, but this poll isn't taking into account the fact that Casey just received a big extension. So, unless veterans can go back into the draft, the whole proposition is doomed. lol.

But seriously, wasn't T-Ross supposed to be Casey's hand-picked, NBA ready scorer a couple years back? Drafted for immediate need.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Lakers do not want Lowry, Lakers will not trade their pick for DD. Just listen to ESPN 710 radio station and you would know what they are going after. They have their eyes on Kevin Love and Durant in 2 years.
                  Whoever they pick better be damn special if they hope to lure Durant.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    you definitely run a risk though.

randle is great and a well refined product, but he struggles against length and doesn't play above the rim

gordon's a great athlete but he's nowhere near as smoothe as Griffin was on the offensive end.

and people say Vonleh is the biggest project of all of them, but he does show promise.

i voted 5. because if i can have my pick of those guys, im interested, but if i have to take whichever one falls, i dunno...
                    Everything is a risk and nothing is guaranteed - but we all know that.

I'm a fan of any of Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Vonleh, Randle, or Exum. One of those guys are guaranteed to be there at 7 which is why I went with 7.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Everything is a risk and nothing is guaranteed - but we all know that.

I'm a fan of any of Wiggins, Parker, Smart, Vonleh, Randle, or Exum. One of those guys are guaranteed to be there at 7 which is why I went with 7.
                      It's nice to be a fan of them, but only a couple of those guys (the first two) are supposed to have superstar level upside. I'm not swapping DeRozan for Smart, Vonleh, Randle or Exum because I want to mix things up.

People need to remember that we're not in the same damn situation that Philadelphia was in last season. They were coming off a 34-48, losing season, and it was clear that they needed to rebuild. Jrue was dealt for a few reasons. First of all, since they wanted to tank, keeping him was counter-intuitive as he would contribute to an increased number of wins especially with his ability to make his teammates better at the PG position. Secondly, he was the highest value player on their team after just having made the all-star team. Thirdly they saw an opportunity to get a replacement at PG later in the draft. So they dealt Jrue for TWO (not one) TWO top 10 picks in subsequent drafts - #6 and #10 - (unless NOLA somehow moves from 10 to top 3)

I would actually argue that DeRozan has higher value than Jrue did. Both were first-time all-stars, but DeRozan was an all-star for a playoff team and a top 3 seed in the conference. Additionally, DeRozan is an all-star at a position that is significantly more difficult to replace with a comparable talent. There are like 3 better shooting guards in the NBA (Wade, Kobe, Harden) and one guy who looks like he's going to be better pretty soon (Beal), whereas virtually every team in the NBA has a solid PG and there are a LOT that are better than Holiday (Lowry, Rose when healthy, Wall, Kyrie, Rondo, Parker, Westbrook, Paul, Lillard, Curry, Conley, Dragic, Lawson).

Comment

I agree with the value, but I think a Jrue Holiday like trade where we get multiple top ten picks would be hard to get another team who will do that then be bad enough to give us multiple top ten picks.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                          I agree with the value, but I think a Jrue Holiday like trade where we get multiple top ten picks would be hard to get another team who will do that then be bad enough to give us multiple top ten picks.
                          The 76ers also got a little lucky that like Jrue, Anderson, and Gordon were all injured for the majority of the year. Otherwise that pick is like #14/15 or possibly out of the lottery.
                          "Bruno?
                          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            Whoever they pick better be damn special if they hope to lure Durant.
                            That is right .... People who are suggesting trading DD at this point of his career for a draft pick while wanting to get KD in 2 years can only be Haters ... You can not say you want to compete ( as this team will be by signing Lowry and ...) and then trade your ALLSTAR SG for a draft pick !!!

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              That is right .... People who are suggesting trading DD at this point of his career for a draft pick while wanting to get KD in 2 years can only be Haters ... You can not say you want to compete ( as this team will be by signing Lowry and ...) and then trade your ALLSTAR SG for a draft pick !!!
                              This is the first time I have fully agreed with you.

Comment

I hope everyone is aware that to lure Durant, we will need to let DeMar walk when he opts out that year. DeMar is not a piece to attract Durant with - if DeMar stays, we don't have the cap space for Durant. If he goes, we do. If he stays (say, via extension) and we try to sign and trade for Durant, the conversation will start and end with DeMar going the other way.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X