No announcement yet.

Everything Bruno Caboclo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Nic Batum is the player for Bruno to model his game on this season. Both long, lanky with great 3 point strokes.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Does anyone else see Bruno being used in a similar role as Novak was last year?

I know he doesn't have the shooting prowess of Steve Novak that would force teams to keep an eye on him and open up the floor. But, maybe that's a good thing because it could lead to more open looks for him. Bruno should be able to contribute some shooting this year and it's not like Novak did anything on the defensive end anyway so Bruno would probably be an upgrade there right away just based on his length. Besides, how many times did Novak miss wide open 3's?

Seems like a perfect fit to me.
      Since a big part of Novak's role was to draw attention and spread the floor, I think Bruno's got some work to do in getting a reputation as a threat before he can fill "a similar role".

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      I could care less about his feelings and if team mates pass to him (which they will, the only way he even gets that role is if he's working hard in practice and knocking down those shots, plus it won't be in crunch time).

Of course he will be "camping on offence" TR did last year and it worked well for him as a stepping stone to more responsibility (hopefully) this year.

The kid needs to play and his most useful skill right now is his shooting and his length. Which is one more skill/asset than Novak had.

As far as teams not respecting his shooting, I mentioned that in the original post and said it would lead to more wide open looks for him, which isn't a bad thing.
      Dude, Bruno is an 18 year old that has never even played at U.S. college level. Patience is needed. I can guarantee you that for the 2014-15 season:
      1. getting Bruno open looks is way down on the Raps priority list in the offensive sets
      2. Bruno getting open look 3s is way down on the Raps development priority list for Bruno.

Comment

• chico wrote: View Post
        Since a big part of Novak's role was to draw attention and spread the floor, I think Bruno's got some work to do in getting a reputation as a threat before he can fill "a similar role".

Dude, Bruno is an 18 year old that has never even played at U.S. college level. Patience is needed. I can guarantee you that for the 2014-15 season:
        1. getting Bruno open looks is way down on the Raps priority list in the offensive sets
        2. Bruno getting open look 3s is way down on the Raps development priority list for Bruno.
        I agree with the first....

But given that as a caveat, if the Raptors do play Bruno, I expect open look 3s to be quite high on the priority list for Bruno in terms of offence. His 3 pter is arguably his most developed and closest to NBA level skill. I would expect that apart from wide open layups/dunks he gets cutting or in transition, they'd want to keep nurturing his 3 pt shooting ability. Can't use him for much else, and the faster he gets good/confident with it at the NBA level, the more it will open up other things for him.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          I agree with the first....

But given that as a caveat, if the Raptors do play Bruno, I expect open look 3s to be quite high on the priority list for Bruno in terms of offence. His 3 pter is arguably his most developed and closest to NBA level skill. I would expect that apart from wide open layups/dunks he gets cutting or in transition, they'd want to keep nurturing his 3 pt shooting ability. Can't use him for much else, and the faster he gets good/confident with it at the NBA level, the more it will open up other things for him.
          That's just it. "If" they play him. I get your point that from what it appears, his most ready asset to offer is his 3 pointer. Thing is, except for garbage time, I don't expect he'll see the floor much in real games this first season. That said, whatever scoring prowess he offers will not be needed, and knowing Casey, the one thing he'll be demanding of him isn't scoring, but individual and team defensive development. My theory anyways, and partly based on the handling of JV and Ross to date. Casey's been pretty transparent in his "give me defense, and I'll give you PT" approach with the kids.

Comment

• Dwane Casey said on Sportsnet 590 today that 3 point shooting would be a main priority for next season.

Comment

• Reboc wrote: View Post
              Dwane Casey said on Sportsnet 590 today that 3 point shooting would be a main priority for next season.
              Is there a link to his interview? What else did he talk about?
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                Is there a link to his interview? What else did he talk about?
                http://iphone.tsn.ca/tsnpodcasts/TD_...y_August28.mp3

and

http://pmd.fan590.com/podcasts/pts/p...g-28---6pm.mp3
                Last edited by MixxAOR; Fri Aug 29, 2014, 09:47 AM.
                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Thanks!
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Casey is also improving....his interview answering skills.

Comment

• saw an instragram photo of Bruno today....looks like he has put on about ten pounds of muscle already.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• pic?

Comment

• http://instagram.com/p/sSrQ6sGPaM/

He still looks skinny to me lol
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            http://instagram.com/p/sSrQ6sGPaM/

Might just be a little skinny his whole career, it's not to bad, he has the length.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              Might just be a little skinny his whole career, it's not to bad, he has the length.
                              He's still really skinny, and he'll probably have a lanky, somewhat wiry frame his whole career. However his frame looks like it can add a decent amount of muscle, while also staying really lean. It's not hard to see him becoming a strong 230-240lbs.

Comment

Seems to be dressed for capoeira. #gofightwin

Comment

Working...
                                X